Ferguson Preparations Go Wrong, National Guard Shows Up This Morning, Who's to Blame?

Someone is making them stand down. Don't know who. But if they weren't told that, they would be acting, wouldn't they? Unless their orders are to stand down when it is police cruisers, businesses, etc. If it goes to residential...lets see what happens.

Grace, in this instance the President has NO authority over the State National Guard. NONE. They are NOT in his chain of command. It's just an odd quirk of the way it works, but Obama would actually have to nationalize the Missouri National Guard to give them orders.

And once he nationalized them they would legally no longer be able to function as a police force within the US.

Then who can order them to stand down?
I assume the Governor. But the president and the AG can still call him and "strongly suggest". If he's a fellow Democrat, he's certainly going to listen, but if he's really thinking ahead of what it will cause (and what it did cause) he would have ordered the NG in anyway.

The Lt governor blew the whistle on Holder today...........fucker told the authorities to stand down. That guy better watch that he doesn't get Breitbarted.
So far that is the best explanation I have heard yet. Why else would the National Guard not be in play?

The Lt governor blew the whistle on Holder today...........fucker told the authorities to stand down. That guy better watch that he doesn't get Breitbarted.
So far that is the best explanation I have heard yet. Why else would the National Guard not be in play?

I agree that is probably what happened, but I wish we could hear it from someone he told.

If he did I missed that part because it mustve been done in a wink. The entire presentation went like:

Social media said this...
News said this...
Some witnesses say this...
Some others say that...
Others still said this...

Then never said what the officer gave for a statement. It was pretty much "eye witnesses were liars...let me count the ways"

Arent you liberals the ones who say "id rather 99 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man go to jail"?

If the evidence is such a cluster of inconsistencies. ...why dont you stand by that?

Or is it different bc hes a cop....and all you idiots truly want is just for a cop to be jailed...guilty or not.

Because the witness statements are not evidence. Evidence is evidence and when asked about any more evidence that shows (for example) that MB was charging he referred to the "evidence presented".

Yeah, but they asked what evidence...Some witnesses were inconsistent which happens but the prosecutor entire schtich was to make this Officer Wilson V Witness statements.

witness statements are not evidence? how can you be this stupid and still breathe?

and stop lying, he didn't make it officer wilson's statement vs the witness statements. that is a complete and utter lie.

You're right he didnt say anything about Ofc Wilsons statements or why he felt the need to shoot 12 times. He made it all about the wrong witness'.

Are there really still people ^^^ this stupid?

Great rebuttal, seriously

Arent you liberals the ones who say "id rather 99 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man go to jail"?

If the evidence is such a cluster of inconsistencies. ...why dont you stand by that?

Or is it different bc hes a cop....and all you idiots truly want is just for a cop to be jailed...guilty or not.

Because the witness statements are not evidence. Evidence is evidence and when asked about any more evidence that shows (for example) that MB was charging he referred to the "evidence presented".

Yeah, but they asked what evidence...Some witnesses were inconsistent which happens but the prosecutor entire schtich was to make this Officer Wilson V Witness statements.

witness statements are not evidence? how can you be this stupid and still breathe?

and stop lying, he didn't make it officer wilson's statement vs the witness statements. that is a complete and utter lie.

You're right he didnt say anything about Ofc Wilsons statements or why he felt the need to shoot 12 times. He made it all about the wrong witness'.

To an argument that's been beaten to death.

Yes it was great.

Thanks

Oh hell, they were ready. I watched a small clip on the internet. I went off as planned.

It couldn't have gone any better. I'll bet they had paid the protesters.

It looked nothing like a REAL riot. Not like those old grainy black and white filmed from the 60's, or the Rodney King riots.

The press stood by and COVERED IT. It was surreal. It was like the buildings were all set up and ready to be lit on fire. I saw police cars burning, but where were the officers of those cars? It was REALLY weird.

It looked more like entertainment for ratings than anything else. What a hoot. Did you watch? I wonder how many folks were watching. lol

I'll bet all of America was glued to their set while something really sinister was going on either in the Middle East or in the halls of congress. :tinfoil:

The Lt. Governor said something interesting. He said the Governor had to answer for not sending in the National Guard. He wanted to know if this was orders from Obama and Holder to hold them back. Now you are saying it was weird, like it was set up. Do you believe it was it was more or less, "set up"?
That question was asked during a Presser which ended just a few mins ago.
Nixon angrily denied politics was a factor.
Umm Governor? I don't believe you. Furthermore, I don't believe I'm alone in that sentiment.
Who gains?

The City of Ferguson had weeks to prepare for last night. The Police Department had months to plan for the most destructive evening they were going to revisit from last summer. So, they should have been ready.

So, how many looters did they arrest? Better yet, how many businesses did they save from looting? They had planned to have the National Guard there to protect the businesses and generally help the situation. So, what went wrong?

They arrested 60 people. I watched as the looters ran out of the Liquor store and the news reporters were trying to interview them. So where were the police? Where was the National Guard? They didn't come in until this morning! They were on the outskirts of Ferguson... This came from the Lt. Governor. He wants the Governor to answer why they weren't in Ferguson last night.
the job of the national guard was to provide security for infrastructure. things like power transmission stations, water supplies, gas lines. hospitals. fire departments.

they were not there to protect businesses. that's the job of police.
well that is comforting...Oh...Speaking of infrastructure. Where was the NG when both I-270 and I-44 were shut down due to rioters blocking these roadways?
What do you think the national guard can actually do?

Yes it was great.

Thanks

Sure it has, whatever you need to justify your non answer, just go with that

Yes it was great.

Thanks

Sure it has, whatever you need to justify your non answer, just go with that

This has been answered time after time after time. You're refusal to accept the answer is a problem that is common with delusional people. Deal with it, but to recap.

When a man charges you, and you fear for your safety. You fire until the individual goes down.

If that's 1 shot, great, if it's 20, great.

Got it now, or does your delusions allow you to understand easy concepts.

Some things require no explanation.

I have a question. Do witnesses dispute the kid hit the cop? Does anyone corroborate that the kid hit the cop even once? Slammed the car door on the cop? Did any of that really happen? When I first heard it I didn't believe the kid did any of that. I thought his cop buddies probably put those marks on him just like Zimmerman roughed himself up after he killed Treyvon.

All I need to know is if the kid hit the cop even once or slammed the door on the cop, then the kid got what was coming to him. You can not charge an officer of the law for defending himself. Show some fucking respect for the cops next time and you won't end up dead. I say yes sir no sir to the officers when I see them. Time to grow up black people and learn some respect. I know what happened after the 68 riots and the Civil Rights movement and the Black Panthers you guys aren't afraid anymore but now is the time to stop being thugs and a violent angry baby mama drama society. Gangsta.

Did he hit the cop? Then the cop is innocent. If he didn't then the cop is guilty. Does the kids friends dispute what happened? I doubt it or that would be public. I think he did hit the cop. Sorry black people. Innocent.

This is what we felt like after OJ. LOL.

These are all questions that should've been answered but instead the prosecuter spent all the time telling you what people said happened and never saying what actually happened.

He basically made this Officer Wilson vs Lying ass witnesses who cant keep their lies together.

If ONE witness told the truth you didnt hear about it

Now I heard the officers side of the story and it isn't like every witness is disputing his version of how it went down.

Did the officer probably lose it and shoot the guy dead? Yup. Do I blame him? Not really. Not based on all the evidence I heard so far.

If I hit a cop and went for his gun I would expect to get shot. I'm a big guy too. I can see a little cop or female cop shooting me if I got violent with them. Sorry bruthas. Sorry black community. I think the spotlight should be on YOU GUYS and not the officers who are sworn to protect us. You guys have to learn how to behave. No offense but start raising your kids right. Its the truth. We do need a national conversation but not about bad cops. We need to have it about the black culture/society that can't seem to get over slavery. We know life isn't fair. In fact I think it isn't about black and white it's about poor vs. rich. To the rich we are all n*#&rs.

So what should black people do? How about instead of rioting you vote next midterm? Elect a candidate and show up to vote. Rioting aint getting you nowhere.

From what I saw, Nat'l Guard wasn't needed. It wasn't like it was a 60's riot or something...........
How many building were looted and burned? The regular police were just standing in the street doing absolutely nothing. TV crews were trying to get interviews with the looters as they left the stores carrying as much as they could in their arms but there was not one policeman in sight! At one point they police said they were out manned which would be a pretty good indication that the National Guard was needed.

Law enforcement was just following the sentiments of Holder and Obie to use restraint, and they did!

I have a question. Do witnesses dispute the kid hit the cop? Does anyone corroborate that the kid hit the cop even once? Slammed the car door on the cop? Did any of that really happen? When I first heard it I didn't believe the kid did any of that. I thought his cop buddies probably put those marks on him just like Zimmerman roughed himself up after he killed Treyvon.

All I need to know is if the kid hit the cop even once or slammed the door on the cop, then the kid got what was coming to him. You can not charge an officer of the law for defending himself. Show some fucking respect for the cops next time and you won't end up dead. I say yes sir no sir to the officers when I see them. Time to grow up black people and learn some respect. I know what happened after the 68 riots and the Civil Rights movement and the Black Panthers you guys aren't afraid anymore but now is the time to stop being thugs and a violent angry baby mama drama society. Gangsta.

Did he hit the cop? Then the cop is innocent. If he didn't then the cop is guilty. Does the kids friends dispute what happened? I doubt it or that would be public. I think he did hit the cop. Sorry black people. Innocent.

These are all questions that should've been answered but instead the prosecuter spent all the time telling you what people said happened and never saying what actually happened.

He basically made this Officer Wilson vs Lying ass witnesses who cant keep their lies together.

that is not true, the DA said there were witnesses with consistent stories. and what else besides witnesses can the prosecutor tell, he wasn't there.

If he did I missed that part because it mustve been done in a wink. The entire presentation went like:

News said this...
Some others say that...

Then never said what the officer gave for a statement. It was pretty much "eye witnesses were liars...let me count the ways"

Actually, I never heard that the kid hit him until last night. Actually, my cop buddy told me the kid attacked him when I txted him asking his opinion. I have to admit I was skeptical at first but now after hearing the officers interview with George Stephanopolos last night, I'm pretty sure the big ass kid slammed the car door and punched at the cop. If none of that ever happened, tell me why the cop shot him in the first place. It wasn't just because the kid verbally disrespected him.

So if that kid hit that cop, he deserved to die. Lesson learned to EVERYONE, don't ever hit a cop.

If that kid never hit the officer every witness would be screaming that the cop just got out of his car and started shooting an innocent man who had his hands up and said don't shoot.

I know we could debate whether or not he should have shot him 10 times but that cop was scared and in fear for his life "he says" and he was being attacked and if he was, the moment he decides to draw his gun, someone is probably going to get shot and not in the leg. When cops shoot or when anyone shoots its supposed to be to kill. Otherwise you don't draw the gun.

The City of Ferguson had weeks to prepare for last night. The Police Department had months to plan for the most destructive evening they were going to revisit from last summer. So, they should have been ready.

So, how many looters did they arrest? Better yet, how many businesses did they save from looting? They had planned to have the National Guard there to protect the businesses and generally help the situation. So, what went wrong?

They arrested 60 people. I watched as the looters ran out of the Liquor store and the news reporters were trying to interview them. So where were the police? Where was the National Guard? They didn't come in until this morning! They were on the outskirts of Ferguson... This came from the Lt. Governor. He wants the Governor to answer why they weren't in Ferguson last night.
the job of the national guard was to provide security for infrastructure. things like power transmission stations, water supplies, gas lines. hospitals. fire departments.

they were not there to protect businesses. that's the job of police.
well that is comforting...Oh...Speaking of infrastructure. Where was the NG when both I-270 and I-44 were shut down due to rioters blocking these roadways?
What do you think the national guard can actually do?
Use a water cannons to disperse the crowds, seems that in the cold temperatures that may have been quite effective.

that is not true, the DA said there were witnesses with consistent stories. and what else besides witnesses can the prosecutor tell, he wasn't there.

News said this...
Some others say that...

I'm as liberal as they come and I'm defending the cop idiot! LOL.

This proves my believe that this whole Ferguson story is just the "conservative corporate mainstream media" using race as a wedge issue to divide us.

Because it is clear that to the rich/GOP/Corporations, all us poor and middle class people are n*##rs. So they use issues like god, gays, guns and racism to divide us and boy is it working. Now you even have a liberal like me arguing with black people that they need to change, not the cops. They are the ones with a bad attitude. Sorry black people but its true.

Or you deserve the shitty country this country becomes because you don't vote. Pieces of shit!
Are you directing that toward the registered voters of Ferguson, 89% of which did not show up to vote?

Absolutely. I have no pitty for them if they don't vote. They should be treated like 2nd class citizens. When they vote maybe that will change. Until them, fuck em.

Forum List

Back