Feminist director of the next Disney Star Wars movie says her goal is to "make men uncomfortable, I enjoy making men uncomfortable".

Feminism = Penis envy.

I guess I don't know.

I don't know what happened to when people said "I want to make a good movie" first as their primary motivation. Now their first words are "I want to make a social agenda appropriate movie".

It all started with the Ghostbusters reboot where soon as they announced it first words out of their mouths was "it's an all female Ghostbusters" and kept repeating it. It didn't bomb because it was all women, it bombed because that's all they cared about, they didn't care about making a good movie.

But now it's getting even worse because people like her are upping the rhetoric and now moving towards "we want to piss off viewers".

I miss the 70s and 80s when a studio would say "here is money. Go make a movie and bring us more money back" and people just simply made the movies they wanted to make.

I guess I don't know.
Me too.
I don't know what happened to when people said "I want to make a good movie" first as their primary motivation.
It happened overnight it seems.
Now their first words are "I want to make a social agenda appropriate movie".
Yes.
It all started with the Ghostbusters reboot where soon as they announced it first words out of their mouths was "it's an all female Ghostbusters" and kept repeating it. It didn't bomb because it was all women, it bombed because that's all they cared about, they didn't care about making a good movie.
True.
But now it's getting even worse because people like her are upping the rhetoric and now moving towards "we want to piss off viewers".
Correct.
I miss the 70s and 80s when a studio would say "here is money. Go make a movie and bring us more money back" and people just simply made the movies they wanted to make.
Those were the days and I miss them.

At least she is honest about it and it is a way to build up the hype

Only the box-office knows whether it's is a success or a flop

then the critics will debate

The bar is high on this one

I guess I don't know.

I don't know what happened ... It all started with ... now it's getting even worse because people like her are upping the rhetoric .....
Maybe it started when we took rock stars like John Lennon seriously about their political convictions and it's culminating in people like Deniro's outbursts of "Fuck Trump!" and asshole Smith's "Keep my wife's name out you mouth!". They should have been fined but no they got off scot-free.

Forum List

Back