Feds call for water cutbacks ‘to avoid a catastrophic collapse’ of Colorado River

in 1970 there was 19.9 million there......now 39 mil......and 15 mil of that 20 mil people growth was probably in S.Cal....

They didn't work well as slaves; blacks made awful slaves. They ran away and became Maroons in the Caribbean, after slavery here they were content to live as subsistence farmers. They sabotaged livestock and equipment, the whole thing just never did work out. They just never had a European-type work ethic, presumably because of the fruitful condition of African food supplies where they could live a very basic life without much work at all. This is a deep cultural difference which persists to this day and underlies our current troubles.
what is a "maroon"?.....

Why was this moved to the environment forum?? My OP was about the Biden administration's policy of refusing to enforce existing federal immigration law.

what is a "maroon"?.....
Runaway blacks in the Caribbean who banded together in the mountains of Jamaica. They were called Maroons --- I think they gave themselves that name, but I'm not sure. Reading about sugar slavery and also the diaries of planters and overseers of that time is absolutely fascinating. Though hair-raising. We simply cannot imagine.

They didn't work well as slaves; blacks made awful slaves. They ran away and became Maroons in the Caribbean, after slavery here they were content to live as subsistence farmers. They sabotaged livestock and equipment, the whole thing just never did work out. They just never had a European-type work ethic, presumably because of the fruitful condition of African food supplies where they could live a very basic life without much work at all. This is a deep cultural difference which persists to this day and underlies our current troubles.
Where did you get that claptrap about Africa from?

And they didn't learn a work ethic from SLAVERY???

Yeah, you go with that Sparky. Actually, a bit disappointed, was kind of a lame comeback. :itsok:

I am sure for you it was. You lack the IQ to get the irony of a Trump worshiper thinking they are a Conservative.

I am sure for you it was. You lack the IQ to get the irony of a Trump worshiper thinking they are a Conservative.

Anything you say re: Trump is just bloviated hot air, you're not rational on the topic, you're incapable of logic when that name is brought up. One of the worst cases of TDS I've seen on here really. :dunno:

Anything you say re: Trump is just bloviated hot air, you're not rational on the topic, you're incapable of logic when that name is brought up. One of the worst cases of TDS I've seen on here really. :dunno:

This from the guy that thinks brown people are sucking the water out of the west while agriculture growing in the desert has nothing to do with it at all.

Speaking of not being rational...go look in a mirror.

Forum List

Back