Federal Judge rules gun stores can use 1st Amendment to display gun signs on their store property.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...anti gun democrats hate the 1st Amendment as much as they hate the 2nd Amendment......here, they were told that a Right is a Right and even left wing democrats can't strip people of their first Amendment Right simply because they don't like what the victims want to do with that Right....

BREAKING: Federal Court Strikes Down California Law That Bans Handgun Signs, Advertising by Gun Dealers - The Truth About Guns

Now, according to a press release from the Calguns Foundation, a federal judge has ruled that California’s law is a violation of the gun dealers’ First Amendment rights. Here’s that press release:

SACRAMENTO, CA (September 11, 2018) – Today, federal Judge Troy Nunley ruled that a California law banning licensed gun dealers from displaying handgun-related signs or advertising is unconstitutional and violates their First Amendment rights. The lawsuit, Tracy Rifle and Pistol v. Becerra, is supported by Second Amendment civil rights groups The Calguns Foundation (CGF) and Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) as well as industry association California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (CAL-FFL).

California Penal Code section 26820, first enacted in 1923, banned gun stores from putting up signs advertising the sale of handguns — but not shotguns or rifles.

“But,” the court held today, quoting from the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s landmark Second Amendment 2008 opinion in D.C. v. Heller, “the enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.”

While the law completely banned handgun-related signs, the “Plaintiffs could display a large neon sign reading ‘GUNS GUNS GUNS’ or a 15-foot depiction of a modern sporting rifle, and this would be permissible,” Judge Nunley explained in his order, highlighting how unreasonable and under-inclusive the law was. And even after four years of litigation, “the Government has not demonstrated that § 26820 would have any effect on handgun suicide or violence.”

------

“Under the First Amendment, the government may not restrict speech on the theory that it will supposedly lead a few listeners to do bad things, or even to commit crimes,” explained Eugene Volokh, a UCLA law professor who has written and taught extensively about the First and Second Amendments.

How does this help the American People?

Access to the best tool for self defense makes people safer. Americans use legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent criminals...according to the Centers for Disease Control. And as proof, as more Americans own and carry guns we have become a safer country....so making it easier for law abiding citizens to get legal guns makes us all safer.

Access to the best tool for self defense makes people safer. Americans use legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent criminals...according to the Centers for Disease Control. And as proof, as more Americans own and carry guns we have become a safer country....so making it easier for law abiding citizens to get legal guns makes us all safer.

You already had your ass handed to you over this. More guns or less guns have zero affect on gun crimes. Period. You are giving gun rights a bad name by constantly just making shit up.

You already had your ass handed to you over this. More guns or less guns have zero affect on gun crimes. Period. You are giving gun rights a bad name by constantly just making shit up.

Let's say you are right and they have zero affect on gun crimes. Gun crimes may continue, but not against me while I carry to protect myself. They simply will go against folks like you who want to be victims. By the way your whole argument about "More guns or less guns have zero affect on gun crimes" argues against gun restriction legislation since by you own words the number of guns has nothing to do with gun crime. Of course your argument is foolish.

Let's say you are right and they have zero affect on gun crimes. Gun crimes may continue, but not against me while I carry to protect myself. They simply will go against folks like you who want to be victims. By the way your whole argument about "More guns or less guns have zero affect on gun crimes" argues against gun restriction legislation since by you own words the number of guns has nothing to do with gun crime. Of course your argument is foolish.

If an armed criminal decides that you are his next victim, he gets your shiny new gun and your wallet. If you are stupid enough to go into those areas that have the highest crime rates and it gets out you have a gun, I wouldn't bet a buck on your survival. Your gun gives you a false sense of support. I don't usually carry a gun because I avoid the areas most likely to have crimes committed on others. I can walk the street at 2 am without fear of any harm coming to me or mine. You see, we don't allow those crimes around here. When they try and move in, they move out pretty danged fast. And it's all done without pulling out an Iron. Criminals don't like law abiding neighborhoods. What makes it work? Our Cops parole at totally different times. The Bad Guy may or may not get noticed. But if the Cop doesn't think you are part of the community then they will stop and at least say hello. Just saying hello from a cop unnerves a bad guy. And the Bad Guy also notices that WE are watching and We are not afraid to say hello. Makes a nice friendly neighborhood and a safe one. Most here don't have a gun but will step out of their front door to say hello to a stranger. Of course, more than one neighbor will also step out as well. It's been at least a decade since anyone was knifed or even hit. The point here is, if you are living in fear of your life and you feel you need to go around armed then maybe you should move to a better place. That is unless you are part of the problem and in that case, we don't want you either.

My Dick doesn't need to have any help by carrying iron everywhere. It's not too big and not too small. It's just right.

Maybe I'll get a gun so I can help guard clients of clinics that provide birth control and abortion services and help guard my community's synagogues and mosques.

I live in a multi-ethnic community in northern Virginia that has a low crime rate. It does, however, have plenty of good and tasty food.

These people who claim that they must have guns because criminals abound never say where they live and what is going on in their neighborhoods. It must be horrible for them. They live in constant fear. But of what?

Law-abiding American citizens are still compelled by force of the federal government to speak and to provide information about themselves via federal background check in order to exercise their God-given 2nd Amendment right.

So, pardon me while I giggle at the irrelevance of the thread.

Last edited:
Law-abiding American citizens are still compelled by force of the federal government to speak and to provide information about themselves via federal background check in order to exercise their God-given 2nd Amendment right.

So, pardon me while I giggle at the irrelevance of the thread.

What "right" is given by a/the Supreme Being? Anything? your comment is absurd.

What "right" is given by a/the Supreme Being? Anything? your comment is absurd.

The Declaration of Independence is rather clear in saying that all men are created..endowed by their creator.

Ours is the only nation in the world which has premised its form of government on this principle.

I mean, I'm just going by the Declaration of Independence. Know what I mean, jelly bean?

Then tell me why do you want more and more gun laws if more guns have no effect on gun crimes?

Maybe I'll get a gun so I can help guard clients of clinics that provide birth control and abortion services and help guard my community's synagogues and mosques.

I live in a multi-ethnic community in northern Virginia that has a low crime rate. It does, however, have plenty of good and tasty food.

These people who claim that they must have guns because criminals abound never say where they live and what is going on in their neighborhoods. It must be horrible for them. They live in constant fear. But of what?

So you want to be a vigilante?

If you want to be a cop go to the police academy

Forum List

Back