FDR knew!

Can't understand why Republicans in the Congress did not investigate Pearl Harbor, if they had, some of these charges might have some validity.

I was just telling my son about how when I was in High School, I had an honors Am. History course, where we had to do a term paper about what would've happened if just one thing in history had changed.

I couldn't think of anything, so I asked my teacher, he was a great guy, for some ideas.

He suggested doing research into what would have happened if the US had broken the Japanese navel code before the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor.

So I started researching it.

That's when my high school eyes were opened. Holy shit. That teacher knew what he was doing all along.

The answer? Nothing. Absolutely nothing would have happened differently. The British had broken that code before Japan had attacked, and there were none of the U.S.'s most powerful navel assets at that base on purpose.

He just wanted me to find out the truth on my own.

:lmao:

pearlpredict.jpg

The Ubiquitous Umbilical

I believe in the conspiracy to misspell naval.

Statists never learn.

In this book, George Victor addresses the several questions regarding Pearl Harbor: did U.S. Intelligence know beforehand? Did Roosevelt know? If so, why weren’t commanders in Hawaii notified? It is a well-researched and documented volume, complete with hundreds of end-notes and references.

Twelve days before the attack on Pearl Harbor, President Franklin Roosevelt surprised his advisors by saying that war with Japan was about to begin. Secretary of War Stimson noted in his diary:

The question was what we should do. The question was how we should maneuver them into the position of firing the first shot without allowing too much danger to ourselves.

Mr. Victor admits he is an admirer of Roosevelt. While he is clear that Roosevelt manipulated the country into war, he does not condemn him for it:The Pearl Harbor Myth:...Dr. George Victor Ph.DBest Price: $3.95Buy New $6.92

History has recorded many, many rulers’ manipulations of their people into war without their subordinates blowing the whistle. Presidents James Polk, Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley, and Woodrow Wilson did it before [Roosevelt], and others have done it after him.

This is difficult for many to accept, especially the idea that honorable and upright military leaders would allow such a thing to occur. General George Marshall, in testimony to various tribunals after Pearl Harbor was clear, however:

He testified to a congressional committee that withholding vital information from commanders was routine practice.

Roosevelt had warnings of the coming attack. It was fortunate for Roosevelt that his political enemies did not know

…that [intelligence officers] had been reading the most confidential Japanese ciphers even before the attack, and that the Japanese war plans were no secret to American intelligence.

Despite the documented warnings received by administration intelligence (eventually turned over to various committees), the administration took the stand that no warning had come in. Further it seems clear that no warnings were sent to Pearl Harbor on the eve of the attack.

Victor goes into some background of the U.S. involvement in the war well before December 7. He outlines the aid to the allies in Europe. He goes into detail regarding attempts to get Germany to shoot first. When this failed, the U.S. changed its focus to Japan. These actions have been well-documented elsewhere – termination of trade treaties, embargoes of material and the like. The big blow was the oil embargo.

His military advisors were strongly against the embargo, rightly anticipating that this would lead to war with Japan. Yet Roosevelt went ahead with the embargo in the summer of 1941 – abruptly reversing his prior position. At the same time, he took other measures within days of the embargo decision: freezing Japan’s U.S. assets, breaking off diplomatic talks with Japan, and arming the Philippines.Wartime: Understanding...Paul FussellBest Price: $0.01Buy New $5.50

Something happened at this time to get Roosevelt to change so abruptly and go against his military advisors. Victor cites historian Waldo Heinrichs with a “unique idea.”

The Pearl Harbor Myth - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

By rights, and by strategic consideration, Japan should have declared war on the USSR and left the USA alone. However, Soviet spies in the USA and Japan put us on a collision course. The greatest benefactor of the Pearl Harbor attack was the USSR.

In December 1941 the Germans had the spires of the Kremlin in their field glasses. A war against Japan would have diverted resources away from defense against the Germans

Like so many of our presidents, FDR sucked...and was a lying criminal commie sympathizing scumbag.

...but silly statists can't accept the truth.

Pearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not

Comprehensive research has shown not only that Washington knew in advance of the attack, but that it deliberately withheld its foreknowledge from our commanders in Hawaii in the hope that the "surprise" attack would catapult the U.S. into World War II. Oliver Lyttleton, British Minister of Production, stated in 1944: "Japan was provoked into attacking America at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty of history to say that America was forced into the war."

Although FDR desired to directly involve the United States in the Second World War, his intentions sharply contradicted his public
pronouncements. A pre-war Gallup poll showed 88 percent of Americans opposed U.S. involvement in the European war. Citizens realized that U.S. participation in World War I had not made a better world, and in a 1940 (election-year) speech, Roosevelt typically stated: "I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

But privately, the president planned the opposite. Roosevelt dispatched his closest advisor, Harry Hopkins, to meet British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in January 1941. Hopkins told Churchill: "The President is determined that we [the United States and England] shall win the war together. Make no mistake about it. He has sent me here to tell you that at all costs and by all means he will carry you through, no matter what happens to him — there is nothing he will not do so far as he has human power." William Stevenson noted in A Man Called Intrepid that American-British military staff talks began that same month under "utmost secrecy," which, he clarified, "meant preventing disclosure to the American public." Even Robert Sherwood, the president's friendly biographer, said: "If the isolationists had known the full extent of the secret alliance between the United States and Britain, their demands for impeachment would have rumbled like thunder throughout the land."

Background to Betrayal

Roosevelt's intentions were nearly exposed in 1940 when Tyler Kent, a code clerk at the U.S. embassy in London, discovered secret dispatches between Roosevelt and Churchill. These revealed that FDR — despite contrary campaign promises — was determined to engage America in the war. Kent smuggled some of the documents out of the embassy, hoping to alert the American public — but was caught. With U.S. government approval, he was tried in a secret British court and confined to a British prison until the war's end.

During World War II's early days, the president offered numerous provocations to Germany: freezing its assets; shipping 50 destroyers to Britain; and depth-charging U-boats. The Germans did not retaliate, however. They knew America's entry into World War I had shifted the balance of power against them, and they shunned a repeat of that scenario. FDR therefore switched his focus to Japan. Japan had signed a mutual defense pact with Germany and Italy (the Tripartite Treaty). Roosevelt knew that if Japan went to war with the United States, Germany and Italy would be compelled to declare war on America — thus entangling us in the European conflict by the back door. As Harold Ickes, secretary of the Interior, said in October 1941: "For a long time I have believed that our best entrance into the war would be by way of Japan."

Much new light has been shed on Pearl Harbor through the recent work of Robert B. Stinnett, a World War II Navy veteran. Stinnett has obtained numerous relevant documents through the Freedom of Information Act. In Day of Deceit: The Truth about FDR and Pearl Harbor (2000), the book so brusquely dismissed by director Bruckheimer, Stinnett reveals that Roosevelt's plan to provoke Japan began with a memorandum from Lieutenant Commander Arthur H. McCollum, head of the Far East desk of the Office of Naval Intelligence. The memorandum advocated eight actions predicted to lead Japan into attacking the United States. McCollum wrote: "If by these means Japan could be led to commit an overt act of war, so much the better." FDR enacted all eight of McCollum's provocative steps — and more.

Pearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not

He actively implemented a plan to position Japan into attacking, knew it was coming, and purposely refused to warn anyone.

Government is a most heinous force.

Happy Pearl Harbor day.
If You've Heard of Someone, Don't Listen to Him

Don't believe what you're told anywhere. Conspiracy theories are plants meant to throw you off on a wild goose chase.
Conspiracy theories (really lies) is what government and it's many court jesters tell us.

Never believe what government tells you. It lies always which is why liars tend to be politicians...the worst among us.

gipper in his ranting does make a great case to reminds us that careful research and facts count. They shape the thesis, instead of being screwed onto the thesis as desired by Frank and gipper.

It is said truth is stranger than fiction...most certainly true when dealing with politicians. Sadly foolish statists and those brainwashed in government schools, don't want the truth.

Here is the truth...can you accept it?

Stinnett conclusively demonstrates with vast and incontrovertible documentary evidence that in order to precipitate an unwilling American public into supporting intervention in the Second World War, President Roosevelt oversaw the contrivance and deployment of a closely-guarded secret plot to goad the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor. The plan was set in motion in October 1940, and its development closely monitored through decoded intercepts of Japanese diplomatic and military radio communications. Knowledge of the plan was limited to 13 Roosevelt administration members and chief military officers, and 21 members of Naval Intelligence and related operations. Once it produced the intended result and the attack impended, the Pacific fleet’s modern naval vessels were sent to sea from Pearl Harbor, leaving seven antiquated World War One battleships as decoys. Meanwhile, the Japanese fleet was tracked with radio intercepts from its formation off the Kuril Islands on November 16, and its sailing for Hawaii on November 26; its course was cleared of all shipping with a Vacant Sea order on the 22nd; and Pearl Harbor naval patrols were ordered out of the area on the 25th. Intelligence of the impending attack was withheld from the officers (Admiral Kimmel and General Short) charged with defending Pearl Harbor, who were kept uninformed of the plan and intelligence of the impending attack, and scape-goated afterward.

“Previous accounts have claimed that the United States had not cracked Japanese military codes prior to the attack. We now know this is wrong. Previous accounts have insisted that the Japanese fleet maintained strict radio silent. This, too, is wrong. The truth is clear: FDR knew.” [5]

Pearl Harbor Facts and Proof

I guess it depends on the fiction.

When my son was old enough, I had to teach him the truth about politics and war. We sat down to watch a movie to broach the topic. It was a movie about how the establishment is interested in fooling the population to achieve it's own agenda.

You mean Roosevelt, (yes, both of them, remember, Teddy and his Rough Riders wanted war with Spain) would manipulate events to produce a war?

inconceivable.gif

Great movie to open young minds to the nature of reality.

Espionage, piracy, extraordinary rendition, torture, covert ops., special forces, false flags, clandestine arts, hell, it's got it all.

. . . oh, and love. :puke:

He actively implemented a plan to position Japan into attacking, knew it was coming, and purposely refused to warn anyone.

Government is a most heinous force.

Happy Pearl Harbor day.
If You've Heard of Someone, Don't Listen to Him

Don't believe what you're told anywhere. Conspiracy theories are plants meant to throw you off on a wild goose chase.
Conspiracy theories (really lies) is what government and it's many court jesters tell us.

Never believe what government tells you. It lies always which is why liars tend to be politicians...the worst among us.
quote-my-first-rule-i-don-t-believe-anything-the-government-tells-me-george-carlin-85-75-38.jpg

Purple[edit]
The Japanese code dubbed "Purple", which was used by the Foreign Office and only for diplomatic (but not for military messages), was broken by Army cryptographers in 1940. A 14-part message using this code, sent from Japan to its embassy in Washington, was decoded in Washington on 6 and 7 December. The message, which made plain the Japanese intention to break off diplomatic relations with the United States, was to be delivered by the Japanese ambassador at 1 p.m. Washington time (dawn in the Pacific). Colonel Rufus S. Bratton, then serving as an aide to Marshall, took this to mean that the Japanese intended to attack at dawn somewhere in the Pacific. Marshall ordered a warning message sent to American bases in the area, including Hawaii. Due to atmospheric transmission conditions the message was sent out via Western Union rather than the usual signal channels and was not received until the attack was already underway.[27]
Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

It is said truth is stranger than fiction...most certainly true when dealing with politicians. Sadly foolish statists and those brainwashed in government schools, don't want the truth.

Here is the truth...can you accept it?

Stinnett conclusively demonstrates with vast and incontrovertible documentary evidence that in order to precipitate an unwilling American public into supporting intervention in the Second World War, President Roosevelt oversaw the contrivance and deployment of a closely-guarded secret plot to goad the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor. The plan was set in motion in October 1940, and its development closely monitored through decoded intercepts of Japanese diplomatic and military radio communications. Knowledge of the plan was limited to 13 Roosevelt administration members and chief military officers, and 21 members of Naval Intelligence and related operations. Once it produced the intended result and the attack impended, the Pacific fleet’s modern naval vessels were sent to sea from Pearl Harbor, leaving seven antiquated World War One battleships as decoys. Meanwhile, the Japanese fleet was tracked with radio intercepts from its formation off the Kuril Islands on November 16, and its sailing for Hawaii on November 26; its course was cleared of all shipping with a Vacant Sea order on the 22nd; and Pearl Harbor naval patrols were ordered out of the area on the 25th. Intelligence of the impending attack was withheld from the officers (Admiral Kimmel and General Short) charged with defending Pearl Harbor, who were kept uninformed of the plan and intelligence of the impending attack, and scape-goated afterward.

“Previous accounts have claimed that the United States had not cracked Japanese military codes prior to the attack. We now know this is wrong. Previous accounts have insisted that the Japanese fleet maintained strict radio silent. This, too, is wrong. The truth is clear: FDR knew.” [5]

I guess it depends on the fiction.

When my son was old enough, I had to teach him the truth about politics and war. We sat down to watch a movie to broach the topic. It was a movie about how the establishment is interested in fooling the population to achieve it's own agenda.

You mean Roosevelt, (yes, both of them, remember, Teddy and his Rough Riders wanted war with Spain) would manipulate events to produce a war?

inconceivable.gif

Great movie to open young minds to the nature of reality.

Espionage, piracy, extraordinary rendition, torture, covert ops., special forces, false flags, clandestine arts, hell, it's got it all.

. . . oh, and love. :puke:
War is the health of the state...and this is absolutely true for all US wars.

The Spanish American war began with a false flag, just as most US wars. The sinking of the USS Maine...which lying corrupt criminal US politicians used to start the war. Just as FDR sacrificed those young men at Pearl, McKinley sacrificed those sailors on the USS Maine.

The Spanish-American War

Immediately after the “Civil War” the U.S. government waged a twenty-five-year war of genocide against the Plains Indians “to make way for the railroad corporations,” as General Sherman declared (See my Independent Review article, “Violence in the American West: Myth versus Reality”). Then by the late 1880s American imperialists wanted to kick the Spanish out of Cuba where American business interests had invested in sugar and tobacco plantations. An American warship, the U.S.S. Maine, was sent to Havana in January of 1898 to supposedly protect American business interests from an insurrection. On February 15, 1898, a mysterious explosion sunk the ship, killing 270 sailors. The Spanish were blamed for the explosion despite a lack of incriminating evidence. “You furnish the pictures and I’ll furnish the war,” newspaperman William Randolph Hearst famously said to the artist Frederic Remington, implying that, armed with the artist’s illustrations, his newspapers would generate war propaganda. The U.S. government waged war with Spain occupied Cuba for the next four years, making the world safe for American sugar and tobacco corporations.

The US False Flag - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Can't understand why Republicans in the Congress did not investigate Pearl Harbor, if they had, some of these charges might have some validity.
They would STILL be investigating

Silly...because the Rs are statists just like Ds and just like YOU. If you don't know that at your advanced age, you never will.

Any military planner worthy of the term, looking at the pre-Dec. 1941 map of the Pacific and familiar with the previous thirty years' history, would not have been 'surprised' that Japan did what it did.
That US military planners claim to have been surprised is, therefore, not believable. However, that does not clarify much in the way or any conspiracy theories. It may merely reflect incompetence.

Last edited:
Purple[edit]
The Japanese code dubbed "Purple", which was used by the Foreign Office and only for diplomatic (but not for military messages), was broken by Army cryptographers in 1940. A 14-part message using this code, sent from Japan to its embassy in Washington, was decoded in Washington on 6 and 7 December. The message, which made plain the Japanese intention to break off diplomatic relations with the United States, was to be delivered by the Japanese ambassador at 1 p.m. Washington time (dawn in the Pacific). Colonel Rufus S. Bratton, then serving as an aide to Marshall, took this to mean that the Japanese intended to attack at dawn somewhere in the Pacific. Marshall ordered a warning message sent to American bases in the area, including Hawaii. Due to atmospheric transmission conditions the message was sent out via Western Union rather than the usual signal channels and was not received until the attack was already underway.[27]

Best not to cite government jester websites...

Have you bothered to read Churchill's comments on the matter?...well go to this cite and learn something.

PEARL HARBOR:
FDR KNEW

Churchill wrote in his Nobel Prize winning series on WWII that FDR knew about the Japanese plans to attack Pearl Harbor. The following is from pages 602-603 of THE GRAND ALLIANCE, c1950. Churchill makes these points about his good friend and colleague FDR, accusing him of treason while knowing that the facts would eventually come out:
  1. Hawaii's commanders did not get proper warning.
  2. Churchill was not going to judge what FDR did at Pearl Harbor.
  3. FDR and he were very afraid that the US could not come into the war unless Japan attacked the U.S.
  4. Pearl Harbor was worth the price.
  5. FDR "knew the full and immediate purpose" of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor.
  6. FDR welcomed the attack.
  7. And this amazing statement: "Nor must we allow the account in detail of diplomatic interchanges to portray Japan as an injured innocent..." That is an admission, granted forced by the facts, that Japan WAS the injured innocent, maneuvered into firing the first shot, as Secretary of War Stimson put it. Cabinet Minister Sir Oliver Lyttelton, expressed the same point on June 20, 1944, to the American Chamber of Commerce: "Japan was provoked into attacking the Americans at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty on history ever to say that America was forced into the war. Everyone knows where American sympathies were. It is incorrect to say that America was ever truly neutral even before America came into the war on a fighting basis." - See PH VERDICT OF HISTORY, Prange, pp 39-40.
PEARL HARBOR: FDR KNEW

Any military planner worthy of the term, looking at the pre-Dec. 1941 map of the Pacific and familiar with the previous thirty years' history, would not have been 'surprised' that Japan did what it did.
That US military planners claim to have been surprised is, therefore, not believable. However, that does not clarify much in the way or any conspiracy theories. It may merely reflect upon competence.
They knew it was coming and helped it happen...

Knowledge of the plan was limited to 13 Roosevelt administration members and chief military officers, and 21 members of Naval Intelligence and related operations. Once it produced the intended result and the attack impended, the Pacific fleet’s modern naval vessels were sent to sea from Pearl Harbor, leaving seven antiquated World War One battleships as decoys. Meanwhile, the Japanese fleet was tracked with radio intercepts from its formation off the Kuril Islands on November 16, and its sailing for Hawaii on November 26; its course was cleared of all shipping with a Vacant Sea order on the 22nd; and Pearl Harbor naval patrols were ordered out of the area on the 25th. Intelligence of the impending attack was withheld from the officers (Admiral Kimmel and General Short) charged with defending Pearl Harbor, who were kept uninformed of the plan and intelligence of the impending attack, and scape-goated afterward. A coverup of the entire operation was maintained through eight official and Congressional investigations between 1941 and 1946, and down to Strom Thurmond’s inquiry in 1995.

Purple[edit]

Best not to cite government jester websites...

Have you bothered to read Churchill's comments on the matter?...well go to this cite and learn something.

PEARL HARBOR:
FDR KNEW

Churchill wrote in his Nobel Prize winning series on WWII that FDR knew about the Japanese plans to attack Pearl Harbor. The following is from pages 602-603 of THE GRAND ALLIANCE, c1950. Churchill makes these points about his good friend and colleague FDR, accusing him of treason while knowing that the facts would eventually come out:
  1. Hawaii's commanders did not get proper warning.
  2. Churchill was not going to judge what FDR did at Pearl Harbor.
  3. FDR and he were very afraid that the US could not come into the war unless Japan attacked the U.S.
  4. Pearl Harbor was worth the price.
  5. FDR "knew the full and immediate purpose" of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor.
  6. FDR welcomed the attack.
  7. And this amazing statement: "Nor must we allow the account in detail of diplomatic interchanges to portray Japan as an injured innocent..." That is an admission, granted forced by the facts, that Japan WAS the injured innocent, maneuvered into firing the first shot, as Secretary of War Stimson put it. Cabinet Minister Sir Oliver Lyttelton, expressed the same point on June 20, 1944, to the American Chamber of Commerce: "Japan was provoked into attacking the Americans at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty on history ever to say that America was forced into the war. Everyone knows where American sympathies were. It is incorrect to say that America was ever truly neutral even before America came into the war on a fighting basis." - See PH VERDICT OF HISTORY, Prange, pp 39-40.
PEARL HARBOR: FDR KNEW
Yet it does not explain what they mean by provoking Japan to attack the US..Nor does it specify that FDR knew the time, date and place of the attack.
Historian and acclaimed Reagan biographer Craig Shirley, author of the just releasedDecember 1941, doesn't blame FDR for blowing it, but instead tells Whispers that it "does suggest that there were more pieces to the puzzle" that the administration missed. The 70th anniversary of the attack is next month.

.Via the link given...In fact it is very general in it's explanation, unless you buy the book.
The promotional article also state that he does not blame FDR for possibly missing signals of an attack , but you are outright saying FDR did know ,and thus calling him names to assert your disgust which is not made specific in the article available..

That US military planners claim to have been surprised is, therefore, not believable. However, that does not clarify much in the way or any conspiracy theories. It may merely reflect upon competence.

Knowledge of the plan was limited to 13 Roosevelt administration members and chief military officers, and 21 members of Naval Intelligence and related operations. Once it produced the intended result and the attack impended, the Pacific fleet’s modern naval vessels were sent to sea from Pearl Harbor, leaving seven antiquated World War One battleships as decoys. Meanwhile, the Japanese fleet was tracked with radio intercepts from its formation off the Kuril Islands on November 16, and its sailing for Hawaii on November 26; its course was cleared of all shipping with a Vacant Sea order on the 22nd; and Pearl Harbor naval patrols were ordered out of the area on the 25th. Intelligence of the impending attack was withheld from the officers (Admiral Kimmel and General Short) charged with defending Pearl Harbor, who were kept uninformed of the plan and intelligence of the impending attack, and scape-goated afterward. A coverup of the entire operation was maintained through eight official and Congressional investigations between 1941 and 1946, and down to Strom Thurmond’s inquiry in 1995.

When asserting such charges, real evidence is needed, like a copy of the orders or memos regarding the actions There are none in this blog review..There are no direct citations with visible evidence...Only what someone writing the book claims...In other words, you, the reader,, are just to assume what is said is the truth...

When asserting such charges, real evidence is needed, like a copy of the orders or memos regarding the actions There are none in this blog review..There are no direct citations with visible evidence...Only what someone writing the book claims...In other words, you, the reader,, are just to assume what is said is the truth...
My post was not in reference to anything other than what was apparent at the time. Japan had the biggest navy in the world, by far the most aircraft carriers, an absolute dependence upon imported resources, a history of 'surprise' attacks, and a radical, out-of-control militarist, fascist, right wing government in charge.

Forum List

Back