FDR cow towed to Stalin and the Russians.

But with zero thought to the post war situation.

The postwar situation where the US emerged with the worlds strongest economy and a military Super Power?

And with the soviet ruling a commie alliance that stretched from the Elbe to South China Sea.

Not exactly a great End Game there.

The Soviets paid 20 million lives for that territory
What do you propose FDR should have done to remove the Red Army?

My advice, if he had asked, would have been to declare the Soviets cobelligerents, not allies.

That would have made it clearer to the people that the Soviets were not friends. And no lend lease for them.

When the war ended, with the nuking of Berlin, the Iron Curtain would have ended up being a few miles outside of Moscow. The Cold War would have been like a still breeze, instead of 80 years of nuclear terror.
We did not have a nuke until three months after the war with Germany was over.

Any war with the Soviets was going to be bloody. Hard to sell on the home front. For what purpose?
They eventually collapsed in 40 years and it cost us no lives

Well, would have avoided A. the Korean War. B. the Vietnam War. C generations of fear of nuclear holocaust. and D. generations of oppression of Eastern Europe.

The postwar situation where the US emerged with the worlds strongest economy and a military Super Power?

And with the soviet ruling a commie alliance that stretched from the Elbe to South China Sea.

My advice, if he had asked, would have been to declare the Soviets cobelligerents, not allies.

That would have made it clearer to the people that the Soviets were not friends. And no lend lease for them.

When the war ended, with the nuking of Berlin, the Iron Curtain would have ended up being a few miles outside of Moscow. The Cold War would have been like a still breeze, instead of 80 years of nuclear terror.

Any war with the Soviets was going to be bloody. Hard to sell on the home front. For what purpose?

Well, would have avoided A. the Korean War. B. the Vietnam War. C generations of fear of nuclear holocaust. and D. generations of oppression of Eastern Europe.

Actually, it was our fear of Communism that led to those wars.

We did not realize that many of those countries hated the Red Chinese.

Stalin was a murderous dictator, far worse than Hitler.
Stalin did not invade Western Europe
Hitler did
But Stalin killed many more people, most of them Russian and Eastern Europeans.
20 million
Major Soviet Paper Says 20 Million Died As Victims of Stalin

I doubt if the US would have gotten into the war if it was about Eastern Europe.

Liberating France, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Denmark were different stories

They hated Japan too and we were allied with Japan

After WWII

I thought this was a thread about FDR's cow.....and how he was towed to Stalin....:rofl:

I know, that's exactly what the title says. Plus it's in "Current Events" so it looks like it just happened.

OP not deal with full deck.

I thought this was a thread about FDR's cow.....and how he was towed to Stalin....:rofl:

I know, that's exactly what the title says. Plus it's in "Current Events" so it looks like it just happened.

Our relations with other countries is current.

Look up.....”History”

FDR is not "current". Stalin is not "current". However, cows do still exist so you're OK there.

Know what else isn't "current"?

--- Any answer to post 11. Or post 15.

Because he was tired of bearing the brunt of the fighting and dying by himself.
The US delayed for 2 1/2 years before D Day

The D-Day invasion could not have happened sooner. We needed to manufacture millions of weapons and our troops needed battle experience. We also needed time to train millions of troops.

Because he was tired of bearing the brunt of the fighting and dying by himself.
The US delayed for 2 1/2 years before D Day

The D-Day invasion could not have happened sooner. We needed to manufacture millions of weapons and our troops needed battle experience. We also needed time to train millions of troops.
It could have happened if we were willing to suffer the number of casualties that the Soviets endured.

The seeds of the Vietnam war were planted during the Wilson administration when we chose to ignore Ho Chi Minh and shoved him aside in favor of French imperialists. From there it festered until LBJ blew the fucking top off of it however every president between Wilson and LBJ had a hand in escalating that mess and sucking up to the friggin frogs.
Or problem in Vietnam was backing the wrong horse from the get go. Ho was more of a nationalist than he was anything else. He was however desperate for help and we turned him down first. Some folks think it odd that he even based Vietnam's constitution on ours.

LOL!!! Typical you blame US for it, and not the Empire that had a stated ideology of world conquest and sent men and materials to kill our people.

The seeds of the Vietnam war were planted during the Wilson administration when we chose to ignore Ho Chi Minh and shoved him aside in favor of French imperialists. From there it festered until LBJ blew the fucking top off of it however every president between Wilson and LBJ had a hand in escalating that mess and sucking up to the friggin frogs.
Or problem in Vietnam was backing the wrong horse from the get go. Ho was more of a nationalist than he was anything else. He was however desperate for help and we turned him down first. Some folks think it odd that he even based Vietnam's constitution on ours.

IF not for the global threat of communism, we would not have been involved.

Forum List

Back