FDR- a disgrace at Yalta

1612123669979.png

Kissing up to Uncle Joe Stalin, instead of using this ideal opportunity to give the Soviet Dictator a lecture on Freedom and to denounce communism.

Roosevelt would die a few months later, he was on his last legs, and he still maintained true to the Communists, refusing to denounce the the murders of millions of Ukrainians that Stalin slaughtered.

This was FDR's opportunity, he utterly failed.

And because of this, he should be cancelled, his monument dumped in the drink.

The country had enough of war.. FDR did the right thing.

...started a war merely to enrich his donors .....

LIE x 2
Yeah you’re so dumb you think he started the war to end slavery. LOL.

"He" didn't start the war, you anti-American, anarchist asshole.
Proof again you know nothing.

Your ignorance is on display here, not mine. I actually know something about history. You only know how much you hate America.

LIE x 2

Your ignorance is on display here, not mine. I actually know something about history. You only know how much you hate America.
Stick to the little you know and stay out of intellectual debates. You’re not up to it.

It is not unexpected that the lunatic who argues that the traitorous assassin who killed Abraham Lincoln after the Civil War ended “did America a favor” should also rate the worst Presidents in this way:

“Lincoln FDR and Reagan were the worst 3. In that order.”
TNHarley

Booth did america a favor.

Your words reveal your character (or lack thereof).
It is not unexpected that the lunatic who argues that the traitorous assassin who killed Abraham Lincoln after the Civil War ended “did America a favor” should also rate the worst Presidents in this way:

“Lincoln FDR and Reagan were the worst 3. In that order.”
TNHarley
3 tyrants who thought they had unlimited power.

Tom Paine 1949 says this : I style myself a people’s patriot and propagandist fighting for the ideals of liberty everywhere.
While defending people who threw citizens in jail for having opinions and the color of their skin. Sent mobs to burn down womens homes. Killed their livestock.
You can't make this shit up.

Lincoln was our greatest President. Roosevelt saved capitalist “democracy,” played a key role in rallying the country during the Great Depression, led the country to defeat fascism and win WWII, and set the U.S. on the road to becoming the predominant world power.

Only historical ignoramuses today denounce these two truly great (but imperfect as all humans are) U.S. politicians. There are certainly many ignoramuses and few if any great politicians around today!

Why did FDR speak so positively of Mussolini and fascism?

Criticism of Franklin D. Roosevelt - Wikipedia
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki › Criticism_of_Franklin_D._Roosevelt

After 1945, the term "fascist" conjured up images of Nazi death camps, but in the 1930s it had a very different connotation, meaning the centralization of political power as in Benito Mussolini's Italy and of a "third way" between communism and capitalism. While most American businessmen thought Roosevelt was hostile to them, critics on the left said he was too friendly. Comparisons of American domestic programs to fascist economics are not necessarily pejorative as one of the motives behind the Interstat…

LIE x 2

Stick to the little you know and stay out of intellectual debates. You’re not up to it.

I have been teaching history for 27 years. How about you, big mouth? Why on earth would you expect anyone to accept you as a self-declared “intellectual”?

LIE x 2

I have been teaching history for 27 years. How about you, big mouth? Why on earth would you expect anyone to accept you as a self-declared “intellectual”?
Apparently you’ve learned nothing. You’ll have to start from the beginning. Sorry but you’ve wasted 27 years.

Tom Paine 1949 says this : I style myself a people’s patriot and propagandist fighting for the ideals of liberty everywhere.
While defending people who threw citizens in jail for having opinions and the color of their skin. Sent mobs to burn down womens homes. Killed their livestock.
You can't make this shit up.
It is amazing that anyone can claim to be an advocate for liberty, while finding Dishonest Abe and Stalin’s Stooge admirable. It just boggles the mind. The two beliefs are entirely at opposing ends to each other.

LIE x 2

Apparently you’ve learned nothing. You’ll have to start from the beginning. Sorry but you’ve wasted 27 years.

Who are you again? What possible reason is there for anyone to give you the benefit of the doubt that you could so much as tell your ass from your elbow?

Was Winston Churchill, who also signed the Yalta agreements, equally a “communist sellout”?
Nobody has bothered to answer my challenge here or tried to put the whole question of the Yalta Conference in a new but reasonable historical context. By the way, I don’t argue Yalta was in any way earthshakingly important.

A good case might be made that “The Declaration of Liberated Europe” that came out of it was hardly worth the paper it was written on. Nevertheless, while the Declaration’s call for “the earliest possible establishment through free elections of governments responsive to the will of the people” was of course not realized in Eastern Europe, it did provide what was to become the West’s own standard in Western Europe, and it set a standard that was to be used against Stalin himself in the future Cold War.

Furthermore, the agreement of Stalin to at least join the UN, and to continue to negotiate issues of Berlin and Germany’s division, was to carry over to certain important “real politic” understandings concerning other issues like Austrian neutrality and no Russian aid to the Greek Civil War ... that also helped prevent “exporting” revolution, all-out war, or later possible misunderstandings in Europe. In a way, the very lack of such “real politic” recognition of “red lines” and “spheres of interest” makes our present competition and interaction with modern China highly problematic, and potentially more liable to explode over misunderstandings concerning Taiwan, etc.

Last edited:
Kissing up to Uncle Joe Stalin, instead of using this ideal opportunity to give the Soviet Dictator a lecture on Freedom and to denounce communism.

Roosevelt would die a few months later, he was on his last legs, and he still maintained true to the Communists, refusing to denounce the the murders of millions of Ukrainians that Stalin slaughtered.

This was FDR's opportunity, he utterly failed.

And because of this, he should be cancelled, his monument dumped in the drink.

IF the following two sources were from honest men, FDR was a true warmongering scallywag ....as they said back in that day:

1. "Ten days before the attack on Pearl Harbor", Henry L. Stimson, United States Secretary of War at the time "entered in his diary the famous and much-argued statement – that he had met with President Roosevelt to discuss the evidence of impending hostilities with Japan, and the question was 'how we should maneuver them [the Japanese] into the position of firing the first shot without allowing too much danger to ourselves.'"[28] However Stimson, in reviewing his diary after the war, recalled that the commanders at Pearl Harbor had been warned of the possibility of attack, and that the poor state of readiness that the attack had revealed was a surprise to him."

2. " Another "eye witness viewpoint" akin to Beatty's is provided by Roosevelt's administrative assistant at the time of Pearl Harbor, Jonathan Daniels; it is a telling comment about FDR's reaction to the attack – "The blow was heavier than he had hoped it would necessarily be. ... But the risks paid off; even the loss was worth the price. ..."[27]

The above is from Wiki-with a recent change of the heading, formerly "Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge debate" to now: Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge conspiracy theory. Lovely.

Relatedly confounding question: why was a second A-bomb dropped? Can anyone say: going mega-overboard in a demonstration of might? Here's the answer I received using Microsoft search engine: Why the US Deployed the Second A-Bomb- The explicit reason was to swiftly end the war with Japan. But it was also intended to send a message to the Soviets. I see, so one A-bomb causing major death and major destruction wasn't enough. Right.

Big picture as many well-read readers already know: Are we going to have anything left that was actually truthful about our history? Will all primary sources be burned if not glossing over our historic facts? Are current writers rushing to change every single thing that doesn't match with their own limited knowledge base? All writers who attempt to whitewash historical records need to be called out individually to lose business. Sweeping our historical dirt under the rugs only encourages deception.

Cancel culture backers are the real criminals if one wants to talk about deceptive actions and tactics. The only outcome will be a dumbed-down populace at-large, living collectively without room for individual thought. Unfortunately, cancel culture was alive and well when FDR had the reigns with his acts of subterfuge.

After reading these posts, it seem as if history, by historians
has little value when discussing American politics.

Lincoln was our greatest President. Roosevelt saved capitalist “democracy,” played a key role in rallying the country during the Great Depression, led the country to defeat fascism and win WWII, and set the U.S. on the road to becoming the predominant world power.

Only historical ignoramuses today denounce these two truly great (but imperfect as all humans are) U.S. politicians. There are certainly many ignoramuses and few if any great politicians around today!
The OP apparently isn`t aware of that thing known to history as WW2. FDR should have given Stalin a lecture on communism? :laughing0301:
OP sees capitalism on shaky ground apparently. Is OP a closet commie?

Forum List

Back