FDR- a disgrace at Yalta

Lincoln was our greatest President. Roosevelt saved capitalist “democracy,” played a key role in rallying the country during the Great Depression, led the country to defeat fascism and win WWII, and set the U.S. on the road to becoming the predominant world power.

Only historical ignoramuses today denounce these two truly great (but imperfect as all humans are) U.S. politicians. There are certainly many ignoramuses and few if any great politicians around today!

Why did FDR speak so positively of Mussolini and fascism?
He liked how they governed

The nation would NOT have supported war against the Soviet Union in order to push them out of Europe. FDR supplied the Soviets and let them do most of the dirty work. Truman took over just before the Nazis capitulated and did what he could to end the wars and limit U.S. casualties.

Lincoln was our greatest President. Roosevelt saved capitalist “democracy,” played a key role in rallying the country during the Great Depression, led the country to defeat fascism and win WWII, and set the U.S. on the road to becoming the predominant world power.

Only historical ignoramuses today denounce these two truly great (but imperfect as all humans are) U.S. politicians. There are certainly many ignoramuses and few if any great politicians around today!

Why did FDR speak so positively of Mussolini and fascism?
He liked how they governed

Yes, FDR and many American leftists thought the fascist form of economics and governance was wonderful!

That scumbag was a disgrace at every turn.
2nd worse Prez evah
1st
naw. Lincoln got that title.

Lincoln preserved the Union. fdr threw Americans into concentration camps.
Preserved the Union by mass murdering 850,000 Americans and destroying half the nation...

Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the word "murder," and are ignorant of the causes and conditions of the American Civil War.
You ain't gonna win this one, Unk!! lmao

Go for it. Me? I've no skin in this one but I will say; 850000 dead to get rid of slavery when the Brits did it thirty years before with NO DEATHS.....something ain't right.

Greg

The nation would NOT have supported war against the Soviet Union in order to push them out of Europe. FDR supplied the Soviets and let them do most of the dirty work. Truman took over just before the Nazis capitulated and did what he could to end the wars and limit U.S. casualties.
I would have; cost my extended family a lot of lives and treasure. Even cost me(my dad) our country; why I now speak English.

Greg

I would have; cost my extended family a lot of lives and treasure. Even cost me(my dad) our country; why I now speak English.

Greg

We could have went to war with the Soviet Union. We would have probably had to drop some atomic bombs on them and kill millions of people and, for what? Stalin would have been overthrown and some other super-corrupt despot would have replaced him and at a staggering cost to the U.S. No thanks.

Every one of those deaths is on the traitorous rebels who started the war.

Abraham Lincoln was an ultranationalist and sent over 600,000 northerners to their deaths in order to retain the south.

Abraham Lincoln was an ultranationalist and sent over 600,000 northerners to their deaths in order to retain the south.

Ignorant bullshit. Lincoln was President of the UNITED States, and put down a rebellion by traitorous democrat dogs who sought to destroy the Union and preserve the abomination of slavery at any cost. Every life lost in that terrible conflict is on their heads.

Ignorant bullshit. Lincoln was President of the UNITED States, and put down a rebellion by traitorous democrat dogs who sought to destroy the Union and preserve the abomination of slavery at any cost. Every life lost in that terrible conflict is on their heads.

What did I say that is inaccurate?

What did I say that is inaccurate?
Everything you said was inaccurate.

Greg

We could have went to war with the Soviet Union. We would have probably had to drop some atomic bombs on them and kill millions of people and, for what? Stalin would have been overthrown and some other super-corrupt despot would have replaced him and at a staggering cost to the U.S. No thanks.
What you say is true up to a point....how many US soldiers have died fighting Communism post-WW2? How many OTHERS have died as a result of Communism SINCE WW2? About 100000 US soldiers according to Wiki. It has still been a heavy cost. How many have died because of Communism since WW2? Try TENS OF MILLIONS!!!!

It sits with one as one chooses. I do NOT blame the US for any of those deaths; I blame the Communists.

Greg

Greg

I would have reinstalled a Tsar quite frankly.

Greg

Everything you said was inaccurate

No. Everything I said is a fact; you're just emotional.

Everything you said was opinion ignorant of the facts.

Yet you are unable to dispute that anything I said is inaccurate. You became emotional because I correctly said that Lincoln was an ultranationalist. You apparently view being called such a thing as an insult because you don't understand the concept of nationalism.

Kissing up to Uncle Joe Stalin, instead of using this ideal opportunity to give the Soviet Dictator a lecture on Freedom and to denounce communism.

Roosevelt would die a few months later, he was on his last legs, and he still maintained true to the Communists, refusing to denounce the the murders of millions of Ukrainians that Stalin slaughtered.

This was FDR's opportunity, he utterly failed.

And because of this, he should be cancelled, his monument dumped in the drink.

" Kissing up to Uncle Joe Stalin, instead of using this ideal opportunity to give the Soviet Dictator a lecture on Freedom and to denounce communism."

Ha ha ha... well that comment certainly has distracted me and stopped me in my tracks from my mid-day wank!
So what do you think Stalin would have said having received this 'good dressing down'?
Maybe - "Shut the fuck up you hypocritical spaz, so you've freed the slaves have you?
So when are you going to free them from enforced segregation? And when will they no longer need to cry out that Black Lives Matter 1968. 1990 maybe 2021? When are you going to give Women equal rights as we did in the USSR way back in 1923? And what sort of Freedom is it that denies a US State the right to secede if her people decide that is what they want?
"...refusing to denounce the the murders of millions of Ukrainians that Stalin slaughtered. "

Ha ha ha A great opportunity for Stalin to point out the State organised Genocide of millions of American Indigenous Peoples that you signed agreements with, then broke every one. Pushing them into inhospitable 'Gulags' whilst deliberately destroying their food source, the Buffalo. Freedom? The United States was never built on freedom but slavery of black peoples stolen from Africa and mass murder of the original American peoples.
As for the Ukrainian fascists they suffered under a natural famine - the so-called Holodomor. They welcomed the Nazis with flowers, formed many of the Einsatzgruppen death squads that murdered over a million Jews. Manned many of the posts guarding the Jews at Sobibor and Treblinka death camps and even after the Nazi's fled, the
Ukrainians massacred thousands of Poles. They deserved everything they got and more.
Stalin was too soft - every Ukrainian man over 16 should have been given a one-way ticket to the Gulags.
Poland that three times had been used by the west as a corridor to attack Russia - Napolian, Gernany 1914 and Hitler 1939 should have made no bones about it and told both FDR and Churchill that both it and the whole of Germany would be permanently occupied under Soviet rule indefinitely and as his troops were already there.

What Stalin should have also said. " I have agreed to help you and declare war against Japan but if my other terms are unacceptable to you I think you need to go and tell your peoples that the war will not be over with the defeat of Germany and Japan but you have decided to declare war on we the Soviet Union to take back the land our troops have given blood to win - maybe your people will agree!
O and by the way FDR I hope you will soon be giving full details and asking our agreement on how and where you intend to use that 'superbomb' you've developed and I'm sure Prime Minister Churchill knows all about, you haven't forgotten there are three members of this alliance and I'm sure you wouldn't want me to feel left out!

Yea, Stalin went into Asia and cleared out the Japanese. I think the U.S. did it right and did it smart, for the most part.

That scumbag was a disgrace at every turn.
2nd worse Prez evah
1st
naw. Lincoln got that title.

Lincoln preserved the Union. fdr threw Americans into concentration camps.
Preserved the Union by mass murdering 850,000 Americans and destroying half the nation...

Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of the word "murder," and are ignorant of the causes and conditions of the American Civil War.
You ain't gonna win this one, Unk!! lmao

Go for it. Me? I've no skin in this one but I will say; 850000 dead to get rid of slavery when the Brits did it thirty years before with NO DEATHS.....something ain't right.

Greg
Not just the Brits. The entire western world eliminated slavery without a murderous war. The exception was because of Dishonest Abe and his crazed instance the tariff be paid to enrich his wealthy donors.

The dumb poster hates FDR for imprisoning Japanese Americans. That’s a good reason to hate the asshole. But then the dummy admits to admiring Dirty Abe. Well the dummy doesn’t know dirty Abe imprisoned lots of people unjustly. He committed numerous unconstitutional actions. He shut down newspapers and arrested journalists. To say nothing of his treasonous war.

Forum List

Back