FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major American news network

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
The Far Right's turn to provide the clown of the day:

FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major news network

"The FBI has arrested a U.S. soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb a major American news network, planned to travel to Ukraine to fight with violent far-right group Azov Battalion and allegedly distributed information online on how to build bombs. He also allegedly suggested targeting Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

According to charging documents in the case, Jarrett William Smith, who transferred to Fort Riley, Kansas, in July, joined the U.S. military only after first expressing his desire to fight in Ukraine.
On Aug. 19, 2019, Smith allegedly spoke with an FBI informant in an online chat group and discussed a plan for an attack inside the U.S., his search for more "radicals" like himself, and the possibility of killing members of the group Antifa.

In suggesting that the headquarters of the major news network could be a target, Smith allegedly said: "A large vehicle bomb. Fill a vehicle full of [explosives] then fill a ping pong ball with [commonly available chemical] via drilling then injection. Put the ball in the tank of the vehicle and leave. 30 minutes later, BOOM.""

Then, in a Telegram conversation with an undercover FBI agent on Sept. 20, Smith allegedly had this exchange:

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death? SMITH: Outside of Beto? I don't know enough people that would be relevant enough to cause a change if they died.
Smith has allegedly been in communication with another American, Craig Lang, who traveled to Ukraine and fought with another far-right group, the Right Sector.

They were in contact since 2016. On Dec. 8, 2018, Smith allegedly led a group chat on Facebook with Lang that included discussing Smith's ability to build bombs.

Smith allegedly said, "Oh yeah, I got knowledge of IEDs for days. We can make cell phone IEDs in the style of the Afghans. I can teach you that."

Smith was arrested on Sept. 21, and he allegedly admitted to the FBI that he provides people online with instructions for building bombs.
According to charging documents, at least one of the instructions he allegedly provided in recent days would not have resulted in a viable explosive device.
He has been charged in Kansas with distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction.

Last edited:
This guy reads like a mental case..bragging on-line and being the keyboard warrior..until FBI snaps him up. We should poll some of our posters and see who is missing.

iu

FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major news network

"The FBI has arrested a U.S. soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb a major American news network, planned to travel to Ukraine to fight with violent far-right group Azov Battalion and allegedly distributed information online on how to build bombs. He also allegedly suggested targeting Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

According to charging documents in the case, Jarrett William Smith, who transferred to Fort Riley, Kansas, in July, joined the U.S. military only after first expressing his desire to fight in Ukraine.
On Aug. 19, 2019, Smith allegedly spoke with an FBI informant in an online chat group and discussed a plan for an attack inside the U.S., his search for more "radicals" like himself, and the possibility of killing members of the group Antifa.

In suggesting that the headquarters of the major news network could be a target, Smith allegedly said: "A large vehicle bomb. Fill a vehicle full of [explosives] then fill a ping pong ball with [commonly available chemical] via drilling then injection. Put the ball in the tank of the vehicle and leave. 30 minutes later, BOOM.""

Then, in a Telegram conversation with an undercover FBI agent on Sept. 20, Smith allegedly had this exchange:

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death? SMITH: Outside of Beto? I don't know enough people that would be relevant enough to cause a change if they died.
Smith has allegedly been in communication with another American, Craig Lang, who traveled to Ukraine and fought with another far-right group, the Right Sector.

They were in contact since 2016. On Dec. 8, 2018, Smith allegedly led a group chat on Facebook with Lang that included discussing Smith's ability to build bombs.

Smith allegedly said, "Oh yeah, I got knowledge of IEDs for days. We can make cell phone IEDs in the style of the Afghans. I can teach you that."

Smith was arrested on Sept. 21, and he allegedly admitted to the FBI that he provides people online with instructions for building bombs.
According to charging documents, at least one of the instructions he allegedly provided in recent days would not have resulted in a viable explosive device.
He has been charged in Kansas with distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction.

Why bother?...the news agencies are killing themselves...

And as if Beto would be relevant enough to waste time on? Fruitcake.

People on the edge are being pushed OVER the edge by the general madness of our "political discourse".

This is a self-inflicted wound, and no one should be surprised.
Maybe not in all cases but it certainly adds fuel to the fire. And since the Democrats and their Media want division and anger we can't expect things to get better. Probably worse if anything.

People on the edge are being pushed OVER the edge by the general madness of our "political discourse".

Maybe not in all cases but it certainly adds fuel to the fire. And since the Democrats and their Media want division and anger we can't expect things to get better. Probably worse if anything.
I see plenty of it across the spectrum. Which "side" is "worse" is irrelevant when it's coming out from everywhere like water through a fire hose.

This guy reads like a mental case..bragging on-line and being the keyboard warrior..until FBI snaps him up. We should poll some of our posters and see who is missing.
iu
They ought to put the man in a war zone to put his obsession to good use. And he should not be allowed back in American society until he grows up and can discern war from civilization. I agree the guy's a mental case, and chances are he got it from shell shock.

PTSD is a hellish disease. :(

And as if Beto would be relevant enough to waste time on? Fruitcake.
Beto reminds me of someone who is destined for the world's greatest footshoot of all time.

Since Antifa is endorsed by the media to harm police and law abiding citizens it seems only fair that they take what they dish out.

Of course, it's the fault of the Left.

Thanks for the link.

I found it interesting that this guy was dishonorably discharged from the Army for wanting to kill his wife. Not only that, but because he couldn't get a steady job, he was also considering going to the Ukraine to fight with a far right militia group.

Nope, this guy deserves to be in jail. And, if the media is going to say that he was in the military, they also need to report that he was dishonorably discharged for wanting to murder his wife.

Of course, it's the fault of the Left.

By definition. White conservative innocence demands it.

Thanks for the link.

I found it interesting that this guy was dishonorably discharged from the Army for wanting to kill his wife. Not only that, but because he couldn't get a steady job, he was also considering going to the Ukraine to fight with a far right militia group.

Nope, this guy deserves to be in jail. And, if the media is going to say that he was in the military, they also need to report that he was dishonorably discharged for wanting to murder his wife.

Thanks for the link.

NP.....I gotta toss in a correction.....Smith is currently active duty..the attempted wife killer is Lang..the traitor who is in the Ukraine serving with a ultra-right militant group:

"According to Levine, Jarrett William Smith discussed his bomb-making ability on a Facebook group chat with Craig Lang, an American who previously traveled to the Ukraine in order to fight with another far-right organization.

Lang was dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Army after attempting to murder his wife. He received a seven-month jail sentence. After losing a series of jobs after that, Lang eventually went to fight with the fascist-adjacent Right Sector in Ukraine.

Smith and Lang had allegedly been in contact since 2016. In December 2018, Smith allegedly told Lang: “Oh yeah, I got knowledge of IEDs for days. We can make cell phone IEDs in the style of the Afghans. I can teach you that.”"

Forum List

Back