FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major American news network

People on the edge are being pushed OVER the edge by the general madness of our "political discourse".

This is a self-inflicted wound, and no one should be surprised.
Maybe not in all cases but it certainly adds fuel to the fire. And since the Democrats and their Media want division and anger we can't expect things to get better. Probably worse if anything.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

***ouch***

Uh oh. It looks as though teen climate activist Greta Thunberg momentarily did the very thing she’s fighting to combat — raising global temperatures — when she fixed President Donald “I believe there’s a change in weather” Trump with a red-hot glare of judgment on Monday at the United Nations. Fortunately, temperatures evened out thanks to the icy, disapproving clench of her jaw.

Margaret Kimberley on Twitter

Greta Thunberg Accidentally Warms Globe With Her Scorching Glare

The Far Right's turn to provide the clown of the day:

FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major news network

"The FBI has arrested a U.S. soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb a major American news network, planned to travel to Ukraine to fight with violent far-right group Azov Battalion and allegedly distributed information online on how to build bombs. He also allegedly suggested targeting Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

According to charging documents in the case, Jarrett William Smith, who transferred to Fort Riley, Kansas, in July, joined the U.S. military only after first expressing his desire to fight in Ukraine.
On Aug. 19, 2019, Smith allegedly spoke with an FBI informant in an online chat group and discussed a plan for an attack inside the U.S., his search for more "radicals" like himself, and the possibility of killing members of the group Antifa.

In suggesting that the headquarters of the major news network could be a target, Smith allegedly said: "A large vehicle bomb. Fill a vehicle full of [explosives] then fill a ping pong ball with [commonly available chemical] via drilling then injection. Put the ball in the tank of the vehicle and leave. 30 minutes later, BOOM.""

Then, in a Telegram conversation with an undercover FBI agent on Sept. 20, Smith allegedly had this exchange:

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death? SMITH: Outside of Beto? I don't know enough people that would be relevant enough to cause a change if they died.
Smith has allegedly been in communication with another American, Craig Lang, who traveled to Ukraine and fought with another far-right group, the Right Sector.

They were in contact since 2016. On Dec. 8, 2018, Smith allegedly led a group chat on Facebook with Lang that included discussing Smith's ability to build bombs.

Smith allegedly said, "Oh yeah, I got knowledge of IEDs for days. We can make cell phone IEDs in the style of the Afghans. I can teach you that."

Smith was arrested on Sept. 21, and he allegedly admitted to the FBI that he provides people online with instructions for building bombs.
According to charging documents, at least one of the instructions he allegedly provided in recent days would not have resulted in a viable explosive device.
He has been charged in Kansas with distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction.
He's a hero and a prisoner of war. He should be given a medal.

FBI arrests Army soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb major news network

"The FBI has arrested a U.S. soldier who allegedly discussed plans to bomb a major American news network, planned to travel to Ukraine to fight with violent far-right group Azov Battalion and allegedly distributed information online on how to build bombs. He also allegedly suggested targeting Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

According to charging documents in the case, Jarrett William Smith, who transferred to Fort Riley, Kansas, in July, joined the U.S. military only after first expressing his desire to fight in Ukraine.
On Aug. 19, 2019, Smith allegedly spoke with an FBI informant in an online chat group and discussed a plan for an attack inside the U.S., his search for more "radicals" like himself, and the possibility of killing members of the group Antifa.

In suggesting that the headquarters of the major news network could be a target, Smith allegedly said: "A large vehicle bomb. Fill a vehicle full of [explosives] then fill a ping pong ball with [commonly available chemical] via drilling then injection. Put the ball in the tank of the vehicle and leave. 30 minutes later, BOOM.""

Then, in a Telegram conversation with an undercover FBI agent on Sept. 20, Smith allegedly had this exchange:

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death? SMITH: Outside of Beto? I don't know enough people that would be relevant enough to cause a change if they died.
Smith has allegedly been in communication with another American, Craig Lang, who traveled to Ukraine and fought with another far-right group, the Right Sector.

They were in contact since 2016. On Dec. 8, 2018, Smith allegedly led a group chat on Facebook with Lang that included discussing Smith's ability to build bombs.

Smith allegedly said, "Oh yeah, I got knowledge of IEDs for days. We can make cell phone IEDs in the style of the Afghans. I can teach you that."

Smith was arrested on Sept. 21, and he allegedly admitted to the FBI that he provides people online with instructions for building bombs.
According to charging documents, at least one of the instructions he allegedly provided in recent days would not have resulted in a viable explosive device.
He has been charged in Kansas with distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction.
FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death?

Ah so the FBI stopped one of their OWN as usual terrorist attacks...no surprise. Hope a good lawyer gets him off,this is entrapment pure and simple.

LOL!

He's a loser keyboard warrior who chatted his hate. A lot like some here. This should be a lesson--the FBI is here as well...hunting for the next loon--I applaud their efforts.

I'm sure the boys in Leavenworth are preparing an appropriate welcome as we speak!

iu

Last edited:

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death?

Ah so the FBI stopped one of their OWN as usual terrorist attacks...no surprise. Hope a good lawyer gets him off,this is entrapment pure and simple.
He's charged with giving instruction on making bombs...he's not getting off...believe that!

This happened to a dude I knew in the Navy. We were the three non-rated seamen in our Battilion. One got sent up to Adak air station in Alaska, I got sent eventually to NMCB 75 in Gulf Port Mississippi, and the other was told he was going on a boat. He was to go off someplace in long beach CA and they have some facility where they store all the munitions for the ships. He stated that he was going to blow it up because they sent him on a cruze. He disappeared completely about three days after that. He was NOT far right or left, he just doesn't want to go on a boat.

LOL!

He's a loser keyboard warrior who chatted his hate. A lot like some here. This should be a lesson--the FBI is here as well...hunting for the next loon--I applaud their efforts.

I'm sure the boys in Leavenworth are preparing an appropriate welcome as we speak!
It was an FBI set up aka entrapment. FBI does it a lot,they like to make themselves seem better than they really are. Stopping their OWN terrorist attacks...its not that hard. He is an American Hero and there are THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS more like him. The system did this and the system in the end will reap the whirlwind...I will enjoy the show. It amazes me the amount of morons who think the US is some great place when its so corrupt,evil,and just pure dead for the vast majority of Americans. Ya pissed off the wrong people. Blacks shoot each other over "turf" pissed off white guys are smarter than that and eventually even the FBI won't be able to set people up to stop their own bullshit terrorist attacks. Take note folks! DON'T TALK ABOUT ILLEGAL SHIT ONLINE! Wish for it to happen? Legal. Be happy when it happens? Legal. Talk about ACTUALLY doing something illegal with details. ILLEGAL!

He's charged with giving instruction on making bombs...he's not getting off...believe that!

Depends who mommy and daddy are.

Lol...ANY idiot literally can figure that out. Oh and DUH he is in the military of course he knows how to make and probably disarm bombs!

The FBI did good work here. It sounds like its agents prevented acts of terrorism. It found:
  • Discussion of how to build bombs
  • Discussion of potential targets (news facility, political candidate) for acts of violence within the U.S.
  • Potential conspiracy regarding two other men who had traveled abroad extensively for purposes of participating in political violence and who have been indicted on charges here in the U.S.
It is particularly abhorrent that this guy is under an oath of loyalty to the U.S., which he took of his own free will.

What would Smith's motives possibly be? How could any decent American appear to defend him?

He
The FBI did good work here. It sounds like its agents prevented acts of terrorism. It found:
  • Discussion of potential targets (news facility, political candidate) for acts of violence within the U.S.
  • Potential conspiracy regarding two other men who had traveled abroad extensively for purposes of participating in political violence and who have been indicted on charges here in the U.S.
It is particularly abhorrent that this guy is under an oath of loyalty to the U.S., which he took of his own free will.

What would Smith's motives possibly be? How could any decent American appear to defend him?

He's in the military of course he has know how of building bombs...NEVER NEVER NEVER make a list,discuss shit online with people you don't trust or know and even then don't do it. People break some of the most BASIC fucking fundamentals of being a guerilla soldier.

Kind of goes against the narrative that President Trump is against the free press, this attack was thwarted under his watch. So much for the idea that President Trump supports violence against the media.

Lol...ANY idiot literally can figure that out. Oh and DUH he is in the military of course he knows how to make and probably disarm bombs!

He

He's in the military of course he has know how of building bombs...NEVER NEVER NEVER make a list,discuss shit online with people you don't trust or know and even then don't do it. People break some of the most BASIC fucking fundamentals of being a guerilla soldier.

Hey Odium, not everyone who is in, or has been in the military has experience with explosives. In the Navy, that is generally taken care of by the Gunner's Mates, or Aviation Ordnance personnel, or someone who is specifically trained in explosives. Hate to tell you, but that is a small portion of the military. Most of your other rates like Boatswain's Mate, Quartermaster, Signalman, etc. have zero experience in explosives and bombs, unless of course, they qualify for SEAL's (and those 3 rates listed are SEAL eligible). In the general course of their duties, they won't have to even fire a weapon.

Forum List

Back