FB posts on Seizing/Redistributing funds: Is extreme Wealth a punishable moral offense

I am going to add posts on here I have been seeing from friends, insisting that exceptional wealth is justification for govt to redistribute this to save lives from poverty or lack of health care. As if there is no better solution?

I have posted the usual responses:
1. When is making or saving more money than other people a punishable offense?
2. Shouldn't the taxpayers affected by tax laws be able to consent?
Where is the DUE PROCESS to PROVE which people collected wealth by abusive means or incurred costs, damages or debts to others for which they owe payment?
3. Why isn't the focus on finding better, sustainable ways to provide health care or other lifesaving assistance WITHOUT abusing govt to seize wealth of people without their permission?
Where is the motivation to stop govt waste or to collect back money owed from corporate corruption by people PROVEN to have abused taxpayer resources? Why punish wealthy people "as a class" for political convenience instead of targeting the ACTUAL wrongdoers that can be PROVEN to have committed wrongs, received profits they didn't earn as payouts that other taxpayers paid, and incurred debts?

Isn't it wrongful to COVET the wealth of others, by ASSUMING such people must be "greedy" and have done something abusive that justifies demanding their money based solely on the amount they have saved or earned. Isn't that judging and discriminating by class?

Etc. Etc.

Is anyone else seeing posts like that from friends who are pushing to use the Liberal bias in Govt and Congress to demand policies like this, raising taxes based on wealth instead of going after the actual problems or parties responsible for abuse, waste or reimbursement of taxpayer funds?

View attachment 469150

I always keep hearing that the Rich never pay enough for the infrastructure that they use, even though the rich pay in more (not rate) money than most others do. But the poor since they dont pay taxes or very little use the same infrastructure that the middle class and rich do, but hardly come close to paying their fare share..

They pay more than their fair share

I am going to add posts on here I have been seeing from friends, insisting that exceptional wealth is justification for govt to redistribute this to save lives from poverty or lack of health care. As if there is no better solution?

Where is the DUE PROCESS to PROVE which people collected wealth by abusive means or incurred costs, damages or debts to others for which they owe payment?
3. Why isn't the focus on finding better, sustainable ways to provide health care or other lifesaving assistance WITHOUT abusing govt to seize wealth of people without their permission?
Where is the motivation to stop govt waste or to collect back money owed from corporate corruption by people PROVEN to have abused taxpayer resources? Why punish wealthy people "as a class" for political convenience instead of targeting the ACTUAL wrongdoers that can be PROVEN to have committed wrongs, received profits they didn't earn as payouts that other taxpayers paid, and incurred debts?

Isn't it wrongful to COVET the wealth of others, by ASSUMING such people must be "greedy" and have done something abusive that justifies demanding their money based solely on the amount they have saved or earned. Isn't that judging and discriminating by class?

Etc. Etc.

Is anyone else seeing posts like that from friends who are pushing to use the Liberal bias in Govt and Congress to demand policies like this, raising taxes based on wealth instead of going after the actual problems or parties responsible for abuse, waste or reimbursement of taxpayer funds?

View attachment 469150

Except they are talking about taxation of wealth. Not seizing it. THAT would be the fundamental definition of redistribution. No one's talking about that. The wealthy and corporations have been the beneficiaries of multiple tax cuts over the last four decades. Time to pay just a little more for them. They'll still have plenty of billions left. :)

Taxation is seizure of others property

unless they agree to it,, I do agree with some taxs,,

That being said above, I am still not for a wealth TAX.

I think changes need to be made but not after the billionaire's already took the worker's compensation for themselves....

This needs fixing, from the root.

What does God say about the issue of wealth building and power building through wealth? How can a nation claim to follow a God of Abraham and the Son of God Jesus Christ when both spoke on the subject and said it was not good to keep all that wealth that belongs to God in the first place, you should share the blessings of the planet that belongs to God. Wait, God is the original Marxist...stick that in yer soup and eat it.
God was no where close to a marxist.

You should learn some reading comprehension.

He never said build a system to tax others out of what is theirs he said to share what is yours.

b99f2eb748c5763d133ccdd7a8ec591f--i-lost-you-catholic-memes.jpg

The tax the rich people sound more jealous than compassionate to me. They seem mad at the rich
Wait a minute....say what? Aren't you Trumpets the ones who HATE THE ELITE? Hate all the big wig wealthy who over rule our deep state govt who are the Elite's pawns?????

:dunno:

Isn't it you lefties who have called conservatives and republicans the party of the wealthy for the last 40 years??? :dunno: Now we hate the rich?? lol

Etc. Etc.

View attachment 469150

Except they are talking about taxation of wealth. Not seizing it. THAT would be the fundamental definition of redistribution. No one's talking about that. The wealthy and corporations have been the beneficiaries of multiple tax cuts over the last four decades. Time to pay just a little more for them. They'll still have plenty of billions left. :)

Taxation is seizure of others property

Unless it is by consent.
The IRS and Federal Reserve system are argued as pseudo-constitutional.
And basically operate due to public consent and voluntary compliance until these can be reformed to resolve objections.

Similarly with ACA mandates and the latest national election both disputed as unconstitutional, and in the meantime, relying on public good faith to comply voluntarily until objections are addressed.

Etc. Etc.

View attachment 469150

I always keep hearing that the Rich never pay enough for the infrastructure that they use, even though the rich pay in more (not rate) money than most others do. But the poor since they dont pay taxes or very little use the same infrastructure that the middle class and rich do, but hardly come close to paying their fare share..

They pay more than their fair share

Who pay more? The poor? No way. Most poor end up getting tax credits so they get back a refund more than they contributed, another progressive way to redistribute income.

What does God say about the issue of wealth building and power building through wealth? How can a nation claim to follow a God of Abraham and the Son of God Jesus Christ when both spoke on the subject and said it was not good to keep all that wealth that belongs to God in the first place, you should share the blessings of the planet that belongs to God. Wait, God is the original Marxist...stick that in yer soup and eat it.
Jesus told the rich man who asked, to give away all his riches, and follow Him.

Do you think Jesus would support the rich man being forced to do so at the end of a gun, or threat of imprisonment?

Not all wealth accumulation is created equal. Most of it is outright theft with little net benefit to society.

Look at all the millionaires in our government, let's start there.
Insisting that politicians be "business friendly" has been the worst thing ever for America. They get to Washington and give away the store to every big business lobbyist that walks through their door.

That being said above, I am still not for a wealth TAX.

I think changes need to be made but not after the billionaire's already took the worker's compensation for themselves....

This needs fixing, from the root.

Why do you feel that you, and those who think like you, get to decide what is 'fair'?
I would really love to see any one of them actually try and answer that question.

Well, kiss my grits. Moonie's back on the bus with his fellow mooners shinin' their moons for its shock value. <giggle>

He never said build a system to tax others out of what is theirs he said to share what is yours.

View attachment 469178
He must have because if you sin you get taxed to death in a lake of fire.

Etc. Etc.

View attachment 469150

Not from my friends. They are mostly normal people. You need to go on facebook and edit your friends list or dump it all together.

Jesus told the rich man who asked, to give away all his riches, and follow Him.
Care4all
And all that is voluntary by free will.
Even God does not force people to do this without free choice, or it isn't real faith and real charity.

How come liberals who normally preach separation of church from state, religion from govt, suddenly support FEDERAL govt mandating and forcing Christian principles nationally on the public as legally required? Really?
I'm guessing it's because they are not just Christian principles... But humanity's?

View attachment 469178
He must have because if you sin you get taxed to death in a lake of fire.
No he never did

View attachment 469178
Ummm, God taxed them....to take care of the poor and hungry, through tithing. MANDATORY TITHES.

That is why the Pharisee complained to Jesus about the Roman taxes they had to pay.....because they were already paying taxes/ tithes to their Jewish govt and having to pay Caesar as well was double taxation..... and Christ asked him who's head is on that coin? ....the guy answered Caesar....and Jesus told him to give unto God, what is God's and give unto Caesar, what is his.

Last edited:

View attachment 469178
Ummm, God taxed them....to take care of the poor and hungry, through tithing. MANDATORY TITHES.

That is why the Pharisee complained about the Roman taxes they had to pay.....because they were already paying taxes/ tithes to their Jewish govt and having to pay Caesar as well was double taxation..... and Christ asked him who's head is on that coin? ....the guy answered Caesar....and Jesus told him to give unto God, what is God's and give unto Caesar, what is his.
Wrong.

Tithes went to the church not the poor. By the standard jesus used all of our tax dollars should go to george washington as it is his picture on the dollar bill.

Etc. Etc.

View attachment 469150

You assumption that the wealthy "earned" their billions is based on the notion that the labour codes and tax codes of the USA aren't set up to allow them to keep that money in the first place.

Billionaires get to be billionaires by exploiting the labour of their workers. I have no problem with people keeping the money they "earned", but Jeff Bezos is now busy getting states and cities to cut him billions of dollars in tax breaks, to locate his distribution centres in their cities. New York City would have had to build roads, expand the subway, and spend billions to locate the Amazon Campus in New York. Why should the taxpayers of New York City pay for this infrastructure?

At the same time that Bezos is financially benefitting from the pandemic to the tune of billions of dollars, he's fighting the unionization of his workers in one of the Southern States.

Using a tax code that funnels 80% of the wealth of the nation to the top 20% of wealthy individuals and corporations has seen the number of billionaires who came up through the Reagan tax code years, substantially increase, but at the same time, American workers now receive the same percentage of the income of the nation as they did in the 1800's in the Gilded Age when the Robber Barons ruled.

The government uses the tax and labour codes to decide how much of the income generated goes to the wealthy, and how much goes to the workers. Republican fiscal and tax policies give most of the income to the rich.

Forum List

Back