Favorite Knife?

One word - Emerson

Pictures.....or it didn't happen.:eusa_shifty:

emersonknives.com/shop/discontinued-models/reliant-wave-bt/#!prettyPhoto]RELIANT WAVE | Emerson Knives Inc.Emerson Knives Inc.

I love this knife. The "quickdraw" option, as I personally call it, makes this knife perfect for 'defense'. But it's also durable and reliable enough to double as a work knife.

Attachments

• $Snapshot_20140629_2.jpg
    $Snapshot_20140629_2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 76
yep , looks solid and big but I think I can carry it well enough . Maybe loose in the back pocket or use the clip or sheath . Cost was 100 dollars including shipping . My wife is going to have to start packing a SWISS ARMY [corkscrew] for her wine bottles for when we go traveling .

plus here --- TOPS Knives.com --- nice survival type knife . Course all these knives just collect dust if you buy them . I like and remember when a simple quality jack knife and a quality fixed blade was all that was needed .

I used to always carry the basic Buck knife. A Buck knife was the first knife I ever owned. Bought it when I was 8 years old.

Nowadays, a lot of people think it is crazy to give an 8 year old a knife. Those people are idiots. Every boy should have a knife. I teach kids that knives are tools, not weapons.

I carry an automatic knife now because I like being able to take it out of its sheath and open it with one hand.

I have to disagree with you here, every child, boy and girl, should have a knife.

Agreed! But most girls don't want a knife.

The more I look at this knife, the more I want it: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-0277RWS1-Folding-Hunter/dp/B00BN0M3HY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404858843&sr=8-2&keywords=S30V+knife]Buck Knives Alpha Hunter Knife[/ame]

Last edited:
I used to always carry the basic Buck knife. A Buck knife was the first knife I ever owned. Bought it when I was 8 years old.

Nowadays, a lot of people think it is crazy to give an 8 year old a knife. Those people are idiots. Every boy should have a knife. I teach kids that knives are tools, not weapons.

I carry an automatic knife now because I like being able to take it out of its sheath and open it with one hand.

I have to disagree with you here, every child, boy and girl, should have a knife.

Agreed! But most girls don't want a knife.

They will, even if it just a knife to cut their vegetables. Knives are a tool, everyone should learn how to use them. I am amazed every time I see a chef slice a cucumber into nice, even, thin slices in the time it would take me to peal one of those fucking things. I wish I had spent more time concentrating on that particular knife skill.

I received my CSAR-T last week and its a nice knife . As far as girls go , my daughter always had a 3 blade Sears Craftsman stockman style from about 5 years old . It was made by Case I think and the biggest blade was almost 4 inch . She mostly kept it in her room on her dresser and handled it on occasion until she was about 9 - 10 and then she could tale it outside when she wanted . That BUCK looks to be a big knife G5000 , I like it . Recently I found a small no brand axe with wood handle and have been cleaning it up . OH , and I think I already mentioned but I recently sent each of my 4 year old boy and girl Grandkids a CASE mini trapper with scrolled bolsters . Its up to the parents to decide when to give it to the kids .

KERSHAW , I have a Kershaw Blur , its a nice knife but I scratched up the black coating on it as I stupidly cut an aluminum can . Eventually I may remove the entire finish on the blade . Now I go to a more natural steel finish when I can and my favorite blade steels are unfinished old style carbon steel that will develop a patina over time .

The more I look at this knife, the more I want it: Buck Knives Alpha Hunter Knife

Pictures.

That link was screwed.

23msknc.jpg

3.5" modified wide drop point S30V stainless steel blade, 5" closed, Weight 8 oz.

Rugged construction, smooth one-handed opening that locks open with a strong liner lock and a flat top edge for positioning index finger

Comfortable ergonomic Rosewood Dymondwood handle with stainless steel frame and generous lanyard hole

Advanced Edge2x blade technology, Includes genuine leather sheath

Forever Warranty, Made in the USA

Last edited:

Forum List

Back