Favorite James Bond Actor

Timothy Dalton is my favorite James Bond. He was also the most accurate to the novels, making him the best.

Connery set the bar by simply playing the character most often during the hey day of these types of films. Craig has carried the mantle quite well. But...

Timothy Dalton was much better than he has ever been given credit for.

Roger Moore was always more of a caricature of the James Bond character to me, probably for the humorous tone his Bond movies had, they were almost parodies. Besides, Moore was Simon Templar.

Last edited:
Did they mention him being white?
Did they mention Uncle Remus being white? Sometimes things just are what they are and you should just accept them instead of banging your head into a brick wall repeatedly. :banghead:

Did they mention Uncle Remus being white? Sometimes things just are what they are and you should just accept them instead of banging your head into a brick wall repeatedly. :banghead:
I couldn't agree more. It makes no difference to me who plays the role, only how well they play it.

Everytime this question is asked.....and it is has been asked millions of times, I answer the same.

1663802857136.png

Connery set the bar by simply playing the character most often during the hey day of these types of films. Craig has carried the mantle quite well. But...

Timothy Dalton was much better than he has ever been given credit for.

Roger Moore was always more of a caricature of the James Bond character to me, probably for the humorous tone his Bond movies had, they were almost parodies. Besides, Moore was Simon Templar.
And he was the BEST Simon Templar! He was Mr. Charisma in that show.

Idris Elba will not be James Bond. Too old.

Tom Higgleston would be a good pick. So would Richard Madden. Maybe Taron Edgerton.

Can't wait for Godfather IV with Morgan Freeman as Vito, Rosie O'Donnell as Michael and Rachel Levine as Fredo

I thought that Pierce Brosnan was the most suited actor to the role, among those who have played it. However, he had the role during a time that they seemed to be scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as stories from which to make James Bond movies.

Timothy Dalton, to me, seemed like the least suitable actor, but in spite of him, License to Kill is, in my opinion, the best of all the James Bond movies. I think my gripe with him was that in The Living Daylights, he couldn't seem to make up his mind whether he was supposed to be playing Sean Connery or Roger Moore, and alternated between poor emulations of both of them. License to Kill put the James Bond character into a situation into which he hadn't previously been depicted; instead of a cold, professional government agent, he had gone rogue, and was on a passionate quest for revenge. Dalton couldn't copy his predecessors, as far as how to depict James Bond in this situation, so he was forced to play the character directly, rather than trying to play the parts of the previous actors to have played the same character.

Forum List

Back