Fauci will say anything

He didn’t actually say anything of the sort. I’ve seen the interview you’re alluding to and I’ve seen people distort it.

He said that we aren’t going to have evidence of reduced transmission from the vaccine for a while. The trials at the time simply weren’t designed for it. They were designed to demonstrate efficacy at preventing death. Before the election, he had no idea what the trials would show. After the election, the trials showed the vaccine was highly efficacious and that was clearly a way to end the pandemic.

The problem has rarely been what Fauci has said and typically just how people distort it to suit their own personal or partisan agendas. Or just to satisfy a deep seated hatred or anger. Who knows. Fauci is a punching bag for all kinds of assholes. But I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t founded in the current science, which changes over time.
Phase 3 trials were not complete when he said that.

Phase 3 trials were not complete when he said that.
I don't know what you mean by "that" and I'd prefer not to rely on your memory.

We've all known that the vaccines were the way to end the pandemic. That goes without saying.

I don't know what you mean by "that" and I'd prefer not to rely on your memory.

We've all known that the vaccines were the way to end the pandemic. That goes without saying.
You said "before the election he had no idea what the trials would show" The trials werent done when he said "the end is in sight"
A COMPLETE 180 from what he said a few days before.

You said "before the election he had no idea what the trials would show" The trials werent done when he said "the end is in sight"
Produce the two clips you’re talking about. I don’t trust your memory. People have a tendency to remember things how they want.

Maybe you’re referring to this.

I’m right.

From the article:
Fauci spoke after Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE reported earlier this week that the vaccine they’re developing is more than 90% effective, according to preliminary results of a broad study. Findings from the trial of a similar shot, developed by Moderna Inc., are expected soon.

Produce the two clips you’re talking about. I don’t trust your memory. People have a tendency to remember things how they want.
I checked my dates :)
Fauci said it on november 11th.
Phase 3 ended a week later

I checked my dates :)
Fauci said it on november 11th.
Phase 3 ended a week later
From the article:
Fauci spoke after Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE reported earlier this week that the vaccine they’re developing is more than 90% effective, according to preliminary results of a broad study. Findings from the trial of a similar shot, developed by Moderna Inc., are expected soon.

I win. You lose.

I explained twice why the claim that Dr. Fauci was a liar. It's worthless to do it again for you, but for other readers I will post it again:

He's a scientist, science has Laws (a few), many theories and hypothesizes. As a scientist Dr. Fauci orates hypothesizes and the data at hand &from his education and experience; this hypothesis is evaluated as more data is exposed. As a scientist he will correct anything which the data suggests is wrong.

Instead of calling him a liar, you ought to explain to the readers what he stated was an effort to mislead the public.

He didn’t actually say anything of the sort. I’ve seen the interview you’re alluding to and I’ve seen people distort it.

He said that we aren’t going to have evidence of reduced transmission from the vaccine for a while. The trials at the time simply weren’t designed for it. They were designed to demonstrate efficacy at preventing death. Before the election, he had no idea what the trials would show. After the election, the trials showed the vaccine was highly efficacious and that was clearly a way to end the pandemic.

The problem has rarely been what Fauci has said and typically just how people distort it to suit their own personal or partisan agendas. Or just to satisfy a deep seated hatred or anger. Who knows. Fauci is a punching bag for all kinds of assholes. But I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t founded in the current science, which changes over time.
So when Lil’ Anthony stated emphatically Americans should NOT wear masks at this time. Than later admitted he lied because he feared HC workers wouldn’t have enough masks, he wasn’t actually lying. WTF!

Last edited:
So when Lil’ Anthony stated emphatically Americans should NOT wear masks at this time, than later admitted he lied because he feared HC workers wouldn’t have enough masks. He wasn’t actually lying. WTF!
Asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread was not well known early on, which is why we would have universal mask wearing.

Things change. That’s life.

So when Lil’ Anthony stated emphatically Americans should NOT wear masks at this time, than later admitted he lied because he feared HC workers wouldn’t have enough masks. He wasn’t actually lying. WTF!
You need to post the entire comment, in context. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't.

Asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread was not well known early on, which is why we would have universal mask wearing.

Things change. That’s life.
He even admitted he lied. How many people listened to him and didn’t mask, only later to die. Oh my! Yet you forgive him. Why?

You need to post the entire comment, in context. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't.
Look it up. It’s not hard. If you don’t know my post is accurate you haven’t paid attention.

Do you get all your information from government approved sources? This would explain why you’re uninformed.

He even admitted he lied. How many people listened to him and didn’t mask, only later to die. Oh my! Yet you forgive him. Why?
If you were in the hospital when we couldn't get PPE, you might understand.

I explained twice why the claim that Dr. Fauci was a liar. It's worthless to do it again for you, but for other readers I will post it again:

He's a scientist, science has Laws (a few), many theories and hypothesizes. As a scientist Dr. Fauci orates hypothesizes and the data at hand &from his education and experience; this hypothesis is evaluated as more data is exposed. As a scientist he will correct anything which the data suggests is wrong.

Instead of calling him a liar, you ought to explain to the readers what he stated was an effort to mislead the public.
You have never so much as set a foot inside an upper level science class, I'm sure.

Science is all about asking questions. You are an ultraconformists who asks no questions, but merely repeats rhe prevailing orthodoxy you have been spoon-fed.

Your temperament and behavior is the complete antithesis of scientific. You are the epitome of the true believer, instead.

Look it up. It’s not hard. If you don’t know my post is accurate you haven’t paid attention.

Do you get all your information from government approved sources? This would explain why you’re uninformed.
You must get all of your information from Internet sources, tabloids, the social media, AM
Radio and directly from waves from outer space.

You have never so much as set a foot inside an upper level science class, I'm sure.

Science is all about asking questions. You are an ultraconformists who asks no questions, but merely repeats rhe prevailing orthodoxy you have been spoon-fed.

Your temperament and behavior is the complete antithesis of scientific. You are the epitome of the true believer, instead.
LOL. One doesn't need to have taken upper division science courses; the Scientific Method was driven into us in an 8th grade General Science Course, and in Geometry in the 10th grade.

Science is all about asking questions, seeking answers and establishing a hypothesis; then testing the hypothesis' each time working toward a theory.

My temperament has much to do with the people I respond to, I don't like bullies and can't stand damn liars or the same bullshit posted over and over and ... without posting any semblance of a hypothesis.

Forum List

Back