Fauci Dismisses Science From Mayo Clinic

Well, you are correct that the vaccines were designed to work with the earlier variants, which is why they aren't very effective and stopping the spread of Delta. But, there is all kinds of evidence that, even with Delta, the vaccines are greatly reducing the number of hospitalizations and deaths.
They don’t know the variant make up to begin that process. It’s all speculation

The weak nature of Delta has Far more to do with low death counts
But another variable is that a very huge majority of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated so that many of the Delta cases are among the more healthy crowd who do have less symptoms than those who died earlier on, such as tons of the elderly in nursing homes. So, that may be the reason and not that Delta is actually a less severe strain.

Lying COMMUNIST leftists in the USA only follow the science when it suits their goals for money and power.

THIS IS FROM THE WHO WEBSITE on 31 December 2020:

"Large scale physical distancing measures and movement restrictions, often referred to as ‘lockdowns’, can slow COVID‑19 transmission by limiting contact between people.
However, these measures can have a profound negative impact on individuals, communities, and societies by bringing social and economic life to a near stop. Such measures disproportionately affect disadvantaged groups, including people in poverty, migrants, internally displaced people and refugees, who most often live in overcrowded and under resourced settings, and depend on daily labour for subsistence."

What happened to FOLLOW THE SCIENCE????

Leftist Communist Biden voters are totalitarian LIARS.

Of course they're not but the CDC isn't going to change positions every time a pre print comes out either. That would be completely schizophrenic.

As I said, I only expect him to not dismiss it.

As I said, I only expect him to not dismiss it.
He didn't dismiss it. He was pretty diplomatic about it.

"That study … is a pre-print study, it hasn’t been fully peer-reviewed," Fauci said on CBS's "Face the Nation." "I don’t doubt what they’re seeing, but there are a lot of confounding variables in there, about when one was started, the relative amount of people in that cohort who were delta vs alpha – right now, if we get boosters … it’s clear we want to make sure we get people, if possible, to get the boost from the original vaccine."

He didn't shit on it, didn't say if it were true or not only that there are still questions and this is but one non-peer reviewed study. Sounds like a reasonable answer.

Quote his own words

Thanks to the poster above who did

When asked if this indicated that individuals should seek a Moderna dose for the booster shot, Fauci disagreed.

What if the study is correct?

When asked if this indicated that individuals should seek a Moderna dose for the booster shot, Fauci disagreed.

What if the study is correct?
It will be peer-reviewed and then if need be change directions based on that. I guess what you want Fauci to do is just agree to any and all pre-print studies that you deem correct even though your opinion and mine don't mean squat to the scientific community.

It will be peer-reviewed and then if need be change directions based on that. I guess what you want Fauci to do is just agree to any and all pre-print studies that you deem correct even though your opinion and mine don't mean squat to the scientific community.

No, I simply don't want to see him just dismiss it before having all the information.

Peer review is a fraud anyway.

why is peer review with people who agree with the presenter? why not invite someone with an opposing view in and have them bless the paper. Science isn't Peer Review. Sorry for all you stupid jamokes.

OP won't tell you from the article, that the study isn't peer reviewed.

Forum List

Back