Farming vids.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Been into watching farming videos for the last few months.
While I already knew a bit about it since I worked on a neighbors farm as a kid the new tech is crazy!!
My favorite three in no particular order.....

I would have loved to grow up like this!!!
You get to work on things which I enjoy,you're outside and you are your own boss.

I'm more into the giant farms where they harvest or work 1000's of acres.
They talk about their great Grandparents and Great Grandparents who were lucky to work 100 acres a day while today they work 10 times that due to the huge jump in tech.

those types of farms are only about 60-80 yrs old,,,

I'm into the smaller stuff done by human hands than millions of dollars of tractors

They talk about their great Grandparents and Great Grandparents who were lucky to work 100 acres a day while today they work 10 times that due to the huge jump in tech.

I'm into the smaller stuff done by human hands than millions of dollars of tractors

Nah...I know at least two of them are over 100 years old and have been owned by the same families.
Like I was saying,they talk about how their Grandparents did it back in the day.
And they still have some of the tractors they used way back when.
Cole the Cornstar,ya it's a Corny name pun intended, has been rebuilding his Grandfathers Huge farmhouse!!
If I remember correctly it was built in 1920.
The tech and the enormity of these of these farms is what gets me.
They're by no means the poor farmer. The Larsons in particular as well as the Millennial farmer.
These people are raking in the bucks!!

Nah...I know at least two of them are over 100 years old and have been owned by the same families.
Like I was saying,they talk about how their Grandparents did it back in the day.
Cole the Cornstar,ya it's a Corny name pun intended, has been rebuilding his Grandfathers Huge farmhouse!!
They're by no means the poor farmer. The Larsons in particular as well as the Millennial farmer.

of course some survived,,,but the fact is technology has caused most family farms to disappear and the ones that survived are one season away from losing everything,,,

the corp. farms are destroying everything about farming,,,

of course some survived,,,but the fact is technology has caused most family farms to disappear and the ones that survived are one season away from losing everything,,,

Oh I agree.
While it's sad It was bound to happen in today's world. From what I can tell all three of the farming channels I posted sell their corn to methanol plants.
They do however grow a lot of soybeans as well.
I plan on doing some small plot farming when the Wife retires and we move back to the boonies.
Maybe a couple of acres of our favorite veggies like sweetcorn, tomatoes,various peppers,maybe some watermelons and the Wife will insist on some squash.... :puke3:

I can definitely get into some small plot farming,the huge farms fascinate me just for the tech.

Oh I agree.
While it's sad It was bound to happen in today's world. From what I can tell all three of the farming channels I posted sell their corn to methanol plants.
I plan on doing some small plot farming when the Wife retires and we move back to the boonies.
Maybe a couple of acres of our favorite veggies like sweetcorn, tomatoes,various peppers,maybe some watermelons and the Wife will insist on some squash.... :puke3:

I can definitely get into some small plot farming,the huge farms fascinate me just for the tech.

from what I'm seeing is theres a movement to find a middle ground for tech and farming that can make a return to family farms and push back against the corp. farms,,,

time will tell,,

I have 12 acres inside the city and am working to make it back into a farm,,,

Oh I agree.

from what I'm seeing is theres a movement to find a middle ground for tech and farming that can make a return to family farms and push back against the corp. farms,,,

time will tell,,

Organic farming is definitely getting big.
We go to a farmers market about 30 miles from the house just for the tomatoes.
I feel sorry for todays youth who have never tasted a tomato other than what they get from the grocery store.
Same goes with yardbirds and eggs. There's just no comparison in the taste.

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

I feel sorry for todays youth who have never tasted a tomato other than what they get from the grocery store.

all the guys I posted and many more I know about arent worrying about organic certifications,,some of them call it beyond organic or sustainable farming and dont use any chems,,,

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

We found a place out by our lease that sells cleaned yardbirds and eggs as well as prepared rabbits.
And they're far cheaper than buying them at your local grocer and way better.

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

all the guys I posted and many more I know about arent worrying about organic certifications,,some of them call it beyond organic or sustainable farming and dont use any chems,,,

So basically what farming used to be. Totally organic is extremely hard to pull off even on a small scale.
We buy organic chickens at the grocery store and they do taste better but they still dont compare to yardbirds.

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

We found a place out by our lease that sells cleaned yardbirds and eggs as well as prepared rabbits.
And they're far cheaper than buying them at your local grocer and way better.

sure are,,the store has to get their cut,,a smart person finds the farm they come from and buys direct,,

birds and eggs are one of the things I can do in the city along with a lot of table veg,,,might do a few pigs for personal use,,,

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

So basically what farming used to be. Totally organic is extremely hard to pull off even on a small scale.
We buy organic chickens at the grocery store and they do taste better but they still dont compare to yardbirds.

all organic means is no chemicals,,,along with a bunch of stupid regs about processing,,,

most people go through the process of getting certified because they can charge more,,,but if you find a local farm and have a personal relationship you can determine if they use chems or not,,,and if so what they use and why,,,

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

all organic means is no chemicals,,,along with a bunch of stupid regs about processing,,,

most people go through the process of getting certified because they can charge more,,,but if you find a local farm and have a personal relationship you can determine if they use chems or not,,,and if so what they use and why,,,

I'm not opposed to using chemical to feed the plants and keep the critters off of em.
Just wash em like you do with your grocery veggies.
From what I've been able to glean our tomatoes suck due to the type they plant.
They look great but they lack the flavor of the less hardy types.

Oh I agree.

time will tell,,

I'm not opposed to using chemical to feed the plants and keep the critters off of em.
Just wash em like you do with your grocery veggies.
From what I've been able to glean our tomatoes suck due to the type they plant.
They look great but they lack the flavor of the less hardy types.

it depends on the chemicals,,,most of them get absorbed into the plant and cant be washed off or get absorbed through the soil,,,

Forum List

Back