Far from the Myth of 'Overpopulation'

Morality is subjective ....

By definition, it is not.

and who made up the definition?

There are different words in different languages to describe things we experience in the course of living. The word "blue" does not make the sky blue. The word "time" did not 'invent' time just because the English language developed a word for it. If you suffered aphasia and forgot the word "mountain," would all mountains in the world suddenly vanish? Fish swim in the sea no matter what word in any language we use to describe it.

So once upon a time morals were called something else. That does not in any way mean that there is some moral absolute standard placed upon humans or inherent to human beings.

Do you breathe air?

Are you sitting in a chair?

No, I am not. Sitting in a chair is not an inescapable aspect of living as a sentient being in this plane of existence.
I can argue that you are not sitting on a chair even if you think you are.

I told you I was not.

If you were I could argue that you were not ......

For the third time, I was not. Let it go.
so you don't understand the word if?

You asked if I breathed air

It can be argued that I'm not and it is just my perception....

Yeah, yeah, I get that you are trying to be cute and cartesian. It is clumsy and amateurish, so I was magnanimously giving you a chance to let it go and save face. I guess you just can't help some people.
you asked me an irrelevant question about respiration.

you missed the point of my question

MY question was entirely relevant.
no it wasn't.

Yes, it was. I was demonstrating to you just how pointless your amateur attempts at semantics were.

it was you avoiding the argument on moral relativism

It was part of me proving that doesn't exist, and you struggling with the English language.

no it wasn't because you didn't prove that moral relativism doesn't exist

Just because you are incapable or unwilling to understand it doesn't mean it wasn't proven. Keep studying, and maybe some day you'll be equipped.

Please oh message board sage tell me how my respiration disproves moral relativism

I already told you. Go back and re-read all the posts from yesterday if you'd like to take another shot at understanding it.
no you gave a non-answer by claiming morals are absolute by definition.

yet no dictionary definition says morals are absolute

Maybe when you're a little older you'll understand.

Maybe you'll learn to think for yourself and not parrot whatever dogma you have been fed

What dogma have I been fed?
that morals are absolute.

You claim that they are by definition yet you have not provided the definition of morals that states that have you?

So I can only come to the conclusion that you are merely stating a belief and cannot provide any evidence of this absolute moral code you say exists

If you're really interested in beginning your education:

If ignorance is more comfortable for you, that's you shortcoming.

i can post writings that say morals are not universal.

and I have given example of how morals have changed over time.

You simply agree with this particular idea and as we have seen you really get peeved when people disagree with you.

As I expected, you are more comfortable with ignorance. Ah well, there are only so many tricks you can expect a farm animal to learn.
all you did was give me the definition of universal morality. You gave me no proof that morals are indeed universal and absolute.

all you did was give me a link that said what you particular belief was but no real proof that morals are absolute but rather that only some people think they are.

I gave you examples where morals have evolved as humans have evolved. if morals can change then by definition they are not absolute

You're a teacher right?

Do you let your students get away with the laziness you have shown here?

Overpopulation was the Left's fear tool 50 years ago.
Today's Left Wing fear tool is global warming.
The Left tells women that having children will increase global warming, so they decide to not have children.
This is Darwin in action.
Cultures that do not reproduce will go extinct.

View attachment 432587
I don't care if some cultures go extinct.

That's the way it has always been.

Nothing is permanent
The US government believes it’s permanent.
the US government in not an entity capable of thought.

Overpopulation was the Left's fear tool 50 years ago.
Today's Left Wing fear tool is global warming.
The Left tells women that having children will increase global warming, so they decide to not have children.
This is Darwin in action.
Cultures that do not reproduce will go extinct.

View attachment 432587
I don't care if some cultures go extinct.

That's the way it has always been.

Nothing is permanent
The US government believes it’s permanent.
the US government in not an entity capable of thought.

Kind of like you! :lol:

I gave you examples where morals have evolved as humans have evolved. ...

No, you didn't.

wow.

I did specifically give you an example where tribal societies would kill any stranger that came into their territory and how that the killing of interlopers was accepted and even promoted because any stranger was a threat to the tribe do you dispute that? Do you think these tribal societies had a prohibition on murder similar to ours?

Morals change as societies change. Just look at modern societies change of attitude on sex and sexuality.

Morals are a societal contract and that contract can and does change over time.

But let's get back yo your laziness.

I asked you to provide a definition of morals that said morals were absolute.

You provided a definition of moral absolutism not of morals.

Surely since you are the most intelligent poster here and the arbiter of all knowledge you must be able to see the difference

Having enough workers in the future will be a problem.
Having enough taxpayers in the future will also be a problem.
So get out there and make some babies.
Fertility rate: 'Jaw-dropping' global crash in children being born - BBC News
populationaaadada.JPG

poplationakjdhakjdha.JPG

I gave you examples where morals have evolved as humans have evolved. ...

No, you didn't.

wow.

I did specifically give you an example where tribal societies would kill any stranger that came into their territory...

Which would be immoral.
not to them it wasn't

in fact it was encouraged.

There are countless examples of moral relativism in modern society.

It's immoral to kill another for your own reasons but if the government tells you to kill that same person it's not immoral.

that is not an indication of humans possessing an absolute moral code.

It's immoral for you to kill a man that murdered your wife but it's not immoral for the government to kill the same man.

how many other societal morals have changed?

What about those concerning sex and sexuality what about drug use?

There in no absolute moral code.

Morals are nothing but societal rules that evolve as societies evolve.

I showed you how to start learning something. If you'd rather wallow in ignorance because it justifies the rest of the easy narrative you use to calm your fears, that's up to you.

View attachment 432673
View attachment 432674
we will make up for the smaller workforce with technology.

technology has allowed us to produce more of everything why can't that same tech make the productivity of a smaller workforce just as or more efficient as a larger workforce?

View attachment 432673
View attachment 432674
we will make up for the smaller workforce with technology.

Instantly? And that absolves you of facing the challenge and the work? You're mentally lazy and existentially insecure. An empty shell of a human being.

I showed you how to start learning something. If you'd rather wallow in ignorance because it justifies the rest of the easy narrative you use to calm your fears, that's up to you.
what fears?

See this is what you do. When a person disagrees with you you endlessly dodge the discussion .

You think you are right all the time and anyone that disagrees with you is somehow uneducated, ignorant or afraid.

you have not provided any evidence that there is a universal absolute moral code beyond posting a description of the philosophy of moral absolutism and that some people believe it to be true.

it's you who took the lazy way out

how many other societal morals have changed?

Social mores are not morality writ large. They are at most a reflection of a given peoples fallible understanding of morality (which is universal).

Forum List

Back