Far from the Myth of 'Overpopulation'

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Some people still insist on fomenting pointless panic over the idea of global 'overpopulation.' There is no such thing, never has been any such thing, and the world is trending strongly in the other direction (as I've been saying for years). Global fertility rates are converging around 1.7 children per woman of childbearing age. Remember, the 'break even' point for fertility is 2.1 children per. In South Korea, the population decline is so dramatic several sources calculate that if current trends remain unchanged, South Koreans will go extinct by 2750.

We have to start thinking creatively about boosting, or at least maintaining population levels, or plan with open eyes what a world with far fewer people might look like.

Some people still insist on fomenting pointless panic over the idea of global 'overpopulation.' There is no such thing, never has been any such thing, and the world is trending strongly in the other direction (as I've been saying for years). Global fertility rates are converging around 1.7 children per woman of childbearing age. Remember, the 'break even' point for fertility is 2.1 children per. In South Korea, the population decline is so dramatic several sources calculate that if current trends remain unchanged, South Koreans will go extinct by 2750.

We have to start thinking creatively about boosting, or at least maintaining population levels, or plan with open eyes what a world with far fewer people might look like.

we are mold on the bread

Every person has 2 parents, 4 grand parents, 8 great grand parents, 16 great great grandparents, etc. etc. In view of all that, it seems that the world population is shrinking to an all time low.

Does this mean you will become a farmer to help feed all the new population explosion?

We're gonna have to figure out pdq how to manage an economy, a military, and a society with a rapidly declining population. Don't wanna drop this one on the doorstep of the next few generations.

Does this mean you will become a farmer to help feed all the new population explosion?

Can you read?

Global fertility rates are converging around 1.7 children per woman of childbearing age. Remember, the 'break even' point for fertility is 2.1 children per.
That's planned parenthood bullshit. That only counts the circumcised and birth-certificated children who aren't aborted or murdered at birth unaccounted for. Not to mention the doctors are ripping up the women's wombs with C-sections, hysterectomies, and other routine mayhem and mass murder.

Global fertility rates are converging around 1.7 children per woman of childbearing age. Remember, the 'break even' point for fertility is 2.1 children per.
That's planned parenthood bullshit. That only counts the circumcised and birth-certificated children who aren't aborted or murdered at birth unaccounted for. Not to mention the doctors are ripping up the women's wombs with C-sections, hysterectomies, and other routine mayhem and mass murder.

Do you have a point related to the topic?

... Not to mention the doctors are ripping up the women's wombs with C-sections, hysterectomies, and other routine mayhem and mass murder.

How are either of those things "mayhem and mass murder"? Do you even know what they are?

Am I understanding the OP correctly, that world population is going down?

Why do we have to boost population levels?

Why do we even have to maintain a population of 7 billion?

Sooner or later humanity will go extinct and nothing we do will stop this.

Growth and shrinkage of the World Population will happen over time and I have maintained that we have never been overpopulated when you can fit the entire World Population into Texas, so we are under populated still but the question for me do we have the resources to maintain the current status when it come to water and natural resources...?

As to your point I doubt South Koreans will go extinct and they will start a breeding program like Australia had once and offer to pay people to have kids, so the chances of extinction is rare and unlikely because of lack of breeding...

I don't buy it.

I see no reason to make any efforts to increase the population or even to keep it stable at a predetermined number.

The fact is the decline if it happens will be quite slow and I just don't think it will have drastic effects on any economy except for may be areas of extremely low population density and even in that case people will move to more prosperous areas as they have always done even when people were far less mobile than they are today.

And if population numbers as a whole decline it only makes sense that the size of the workforce will decline as the demand for mass produced junk declines.

georgiaguidestones4.jpg

I don't buy it.

Reality doesn't hit any less hard just because this one or that one "buys it."

I don't buy it.

Reality doesn't hit any less hard just because this one or that one "buys it."

It's conjecture.

What makes the author's version of reality credible?

....The fact is the decline if it happens will be quite slow .....

On the contrary, when a turning point is reached things happen fast and can't be turned around on a dime. Take a look at South Korea today. Take a look at China 30 years from now.

Forum List

Back