Far from the Myth of 'Overpopulation'

...if morals can change then by definition t...

They can't.
but they do

By definition, they do not.
and you have not provided me any definition of morals that says morals are universal and absolute.

The very notion terrifies you, doesn't it? I've seen your type before kid. Closing your eyes doesn't change anything.
not at all. Why would I be terrified?

it's you who are hiding under your rock. You say I'm right, you're wrong and that's all there is to it.

it is you who is refusing to delve into the topic

how many other societal morals have changed?

Social mores are not morality writ large. They are at most a reflection of a given peoples fallible understanding of morality (which is universal).

Of course they are.

Humans have made up the idea of right and wrong and have defined it and have changed that definition as they go along

I showed you how to start learning something. If you'd rather wallow in ignorance because it justifies the rest of the easy narrative you use to calm your fears, that's up to you.
what fears?

Your deep and abiding fear that there is something more than whatever you might consider convenient at any given time. Arrested development.

Social mores are not morality writ large. They are at most a reflection of a given peoples fallible understanding of morality (which is universal).

Of course they are.

Humans have made up the idea of right and wrong and have defined it and have changed that definition as they go along

Don't bring it back to your inability to comprehend semantics and ontology. I showed you where to start learning, but you are unwilling or unable.

Of course they are.

Don't bring it back to your inability to comprehend semantics and ontology. I showed you where to start learning, but you are unwilling or unable.
and you assume I need to learn to agree with you.

I don't.

tell me humans didn't create the idea of right and wrong who did?

They can't.
but they do

and you have not provided me any definition of morals that says morals are universal and absolute.

The very notion terrifies you, doesn't it? I've seen your type before kid. Closing your eyes doesn't change anything.

Because your little ego has been conditioned to reject anything that suggests any truth or authority outside and above yourself (although you know there is). If you were caught in an avalanche, you wouldn't die of suffocation; you would die of impotent frustration. For perpetual children like you, every day in the real world is another stop-motion frame of the big avalanche. The only way a juvenile animal of your limitations can carry on is to pretend none of it is happening and you are in control of everything. Guess what, animal?

Of course they are.

and you assume I need to learn to agree with you.

I don't.

tell me humans didn't create the idea of right and wrong who did?

We've been through this. You lack the tools to discuss semantics at the level you need to understand.

They can't.
but they do

Because your little ego has been conditioned to reject anything that suggests any truth or authority outside and above yourself (although you know there is). If you were caught in an avalanche, you wouldn't die of suffocation; you would die of impotent frustration. For perpetual children like you, every day in the real world is another stop-motion frame of the big avalanche. The only way a juvenile animal of your limitations can carry on is to pretend none of it is happening and you are in control of everything. Guess what, animal?

wrong again.

You again assume that your position is the one and only right one.

If that's not a fragile ego speaking I don't know what is.

You can't even consider that you have been programmed to think that morality comes from some external source that is beyond humans.

I came at the subject of morals in my own self initiated course of inquiry. You just believe what you have been told all your life which is why you can't even consider any other point of view because it threatens your world view

I came at the subject of morals in my own self initiated course of inquiry. ...

In other words, you haven't actually studied any of the subjects underlying the issues in question. You pretend your feeeeeelings are anything more than what they obviously are.

I came at the subject of morals in my own self initiated course of inquiry. ...

In other words, you haven't actually studied any of the subjects underlying the issues in question. You pretend your feeeeeelings are anything more than what they obviously are.
actually I have and don't forget you're the one who specializes in ad hominem attacks not me.

That type of hostility over a conversation about a philosophical subject is more a sign of your fragile ego and outright immaturity as you have made it abundantly clear that you think anyone who holds a differing opinion that you is somehow intellectually inferior to you.

People who always have to be right are insecure.

and let's not forget I have attempted to give you examples to discuss that touch on the differences of morals of different societies you not only refuse to discuss anything but you have not given me anything that supports your position other than a definition of moral absolutism and you constantly telling me I'm wrong.

Good bye and Merry Christmas

Some people still insist on fomenting pointless panic over the idea of global 'overpopulation.' There is no such thing, never has been any such thing, and the world is trending strongly in the other direction (as I've been saying for years). Global fertility rates are converging around 1.7 children per woman of childbearing age. Remember, the 'break even' point for fertility is 2.1 children per. In South Korea, the population decline is so dramatic several sources calculate that if current trends remain unchanged, South Koreans will go extinct by 2750.

We have to start thinking creatively about boosting, or at least maintaining population levels, or plan with open eyes what a world with far fewer people might look like.

We could listen to you or the UN

Harrowing New UN Report Finds Humans Are The ‘Unequivocal’ Cause Of Climate Change​

The latest review of climate literature finds that the window to avert catastrophic warming with existing tools is rapidly closing.

A new United Nations report reaffirms what world governments have known and failed to deal with for decades: that climate change is our fault, is already causing devastation around the globe and will continue to get worse.
How much worse is entirely up to us.

We could listen to you or the UN

Harrowing New UN Report Finds Humans Are The ‘Unequivocal’ Cause Of Climate Change​

The latest review of climate literature finds that the window to avert catastrophic warming with existing tools is rapidly closing.

A new United Nations report reaffirms what world governments have known and failed to deal with for decades: that climate change is our fault, is already causing devastation around the globe and will continue to get worse.
How much worse is entirely up to us.
That report is not about the myth of 'overpopulation.'

The state of our environment and its continued decline are proof that there are already too many humans on this planet.

Forum List

Back