Family Rollercoaster

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Raising children is a roller coaster of ups and downs.

I noticed over the years that each is different. I have 1 that presents the white knuckle ride at times, high ..highs and low ..lows.

I have one that presents a lot of twists and turns, unpredictable and you just never know where it's going.

Yet another is like a pleasant water ride with a few shocking splashes.

Then finally, the youngest that seems to be holding her powder for now but she's one spicy little squirt that has the potential to include all 3.

One thing is for sure, when they fly the coop it doesn't end...

The Bill Cosby quote of the Paren'ts Curse:

May your children be Exactly Like You

Lord .. help me....having 3 daughters and I love them, is some sort of payment for my past indiscretions.. I'm almost certain.. karma I'm guessing..:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
The Bill Cosby quote of the Paren'ts Curse:

May your children be Exactly Like You

Just issued that threat to my daughter recently.

Something I *swore* I would never do when I was a teen.

My mother did it to me...and I got twins. She got her wish...in spades.

One of them *exactly* like me....in personality and she looks like me too (and my grandmother, RIP--who I looked just like and my mother HATED).

At any rate...careful what you say to your kids..... :D

I don't see parenthood that way at all. I like it. Not being a parent would be the so called payback or curse

I don't see parenthood that way at all. I like it. Not being a parent would be the so called payback or curse

You get me wrong, I love being a parent, I love my kids, their great but they do present unexpected challenges, concerns and great heart warming and proud times. I wouldn't change them, it's just the way it is..

As far as payback.. I'm just kinda kidding about that..

As a father of daughters I recall how I was as a guy on the hunt and when guys show up at the door at times it's a little or a lot disconcerting, due to my past and the look they have,.. that's all.

I was such a brat growing up, my mother also said that I would be repaid in kind with a daughter just like me. I instead got a daughter who was and is an absolute joy.

Go figure..

You get me wrong, I love being a parent, I love my kids, their great but they do present unexpected challenges, concerns and great heart warming and proud times. I wouldn't change them, it's just the way it is..

As far as payback.. I'm just kinda kidding about that..

As a father of daughters I recall how I was as a guy on the hunt and when guys show up at the door at times it's a little or a lot disconcerting, due to my past and the look they have,.. that's all.

Lumpy I wasn't speaking of your post but a post of another :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back