Fake Republicans vote for anti-Christian "respect marriage" bill in House

Ironically (as I understand it), this new law will nullify the Defense of Marriage Act, another unconstitutional law that had the full support of such worthies as President Clinton, Harry Reid, Barry Soetoro and other Leftists.

Political posturing at its worst, presented entirely to provide ammunition for Democrats running in 2024, who will campaign that their Republican opponents are bigots, homophobes, racists, and so on.

The Constitutional facts are not in dispute. There is NO danger or real concern that anyone's existing marriage would be attacked NO MATTER WHAT any State legislature decides to do w/r/t marriage. (Do you think Mayor Pete or Mitch McConnell or Clarence Thomas are concerned?) This is fully covered by the Full Faith & Credit clause of the Constitution (Article IV Section 1).

The tiny crack of sanity in the IDEA of the law is the fact that some reputable personages have opined that the REASONING of Obergefell was flawed, since it was partly base on the non-existent "right of privacy" that was presumed to be in the Constitution. Nevertheless, there is no indication that any significant number of states would try to turn back the calendar on that matter, and those that would have no homosexuals in their population.

Marriage is no more a federal issue than abortion.
I know you want to attack everybody, everybody you disagree with. That's why the federal government stepped in now before you cretins could do more damage.
Marriage is no more a federal issue than abortion.
Do you even know why Roe versus Wade came into being. It came into being because the abortion laws the states were making were so egregious women were killing themselves left and right. It was actually a crisis. The welfare of the people of the United States is a concern of the federal government, they have the right to step in whenever States abuse their citizens. Perhaps you don't remember or you weren't alive when George Wallace stood on the steps of the Alabama Capitol building and screamed. " Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever. " The federal troops put a quick stop to that insanity.

Ironically (as I understand it), this new law will nullify the Defense of Marriage Act, another unconstitutional law that had the full support of such worthies as President Clinton, Harry Reid, Barry Soetoro and other Leftists.

Political posturing at its worst, presented entirely to provide ammunition for Democrats running in 2024, who will campaign that their Republican opponents are bigots, homophobes, racists, and so on.

The Constitutional facts are not in dispute. There is NO danger or real concern that anyone's existing marriage would be attacked NO MATTER WHAT any State legislature decides to do w/r/t marriage. (Do you think Mayor Pete or Mitch McConnell or Clarence Thomas are concerned?) This is fully covered by the Full Faith & Credit clause of the Constitution (Article IV Section 1).

The tiny crack of sanity in the IDEA of the law is the fact that some reputable personages have opined that the REASONING of Obergefell was flawed, since it was partly base on the non-existent "right of privacy" that was presumed to be in the Constitution. Nevertheless, there is no indication that any significant number of states would try to turn back the calendar on that matter, and those that would have no homosexuals in their population.
You don't understand what's happening to the human race. As the world becomes more overpopulated, the gay population ( which is always existed ) keeps increasing. Right now, many experts are saying it's closer to 10% then the old 5% rule. And that's not going to go away anytime soon, as long as heterosexuals keep breedng more and more their numbers will keep increasing. It's just how life is.

I know you want to attack everybody, everybody you disagree with. That's why the federal government stepped in now before you cretins could do more damage.

Do you even know why Roe versus Wade came into being. It came into being because the abortion laws the states were making were so egregious women were killing themselves left and right. It was actually a crisis. The welfare of the people of the United States is a concern of the federal government, they have the right to step in whenever States abuse their citizens. Perhaps you don't remember or you weren't alive when George Wallace stood on the steps of the Alabama Capitol building and screamed. " Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever. " The federal troops put a quick stop to that insanity.
Only a nitwit would compare segregation to abortion. I only attack the looney left and one party collectivist state types. Genuine liberals I can disagree respectfully with. There just are not many like that on this board or in DC.

Only a nitwit would compare segregation to abortion. I only attack the looney left and one party collectivist state types. Genuine liberals I can disagree respectfully with. There just are not many like that on this board or in DC.
I was pointing out that the federal government tries to protect people, and it's necessary to protect them from their own States also.

I don’t give a crap about the new legislation. I absolutely don’t believe it is needed to protect interracial marriage or gay marriage.

I also don’t believe marriage is in any way a federal issue.

The real problem is the Supreme Court, they never have the balls to say that abortion is a medical procedure and they aren't going to politicize it. Their rulings in all cases concerning abortion are the result of undue influence from different segments of the population. All other medical procedures are protected by a code of confidentiality by the medical profession. It is a breach of that confidentiality that has led to this made-up crisis.

I don’t give a crap about the new legislation. I absolutely don’t believe it is needed to protect interracial marriage or gay marriage.

I also don’t believe marriage is in any way a federal issue.
Coming from you that's kind of like putin saying, " These are just war games. " right before he invaded the Ukraine.

The way you worded this thread tells volumes about you as a person. You actually believe the secular right for gay couples and interracial couples to marry somehow affects you and / or your religion. Get a life, it doesn't. But discrimination in religion is nonetheless discrimination. In fact, I find it even more offending. Using GOD to enshrine old human hatreds that never made sense to begin with.
Right, gays haven't set up, ambushed and sued Christians into bankruptcy for refusing to bake them a damn cake. :talk2hand: Nobody gives a shit if they get married. Everybody knows that's not where it ends.

Coming from you that's kind of like putin saying, " These are just war games. " right before he invaded the Ukraine.
That makes even less sense than the shit you usually spew.

You probably haven’t figured out yet that you are fully retarded, Stain.

Your dishonest claims aren’t at issue anyway.

So, try to focus. In what way do you imagine that marriage is now or has historically ever been a matter under the purview of our Federal government?

Go ahead, you idiot. Bury yourself with more words.

The real problem is the supreme Court they never had the balls to say that abortion is a medical procedure and they aren't going to politicize it. They're rulings in all cases concerning abortion are the result of undue influence from different segments of the population. All other medical procedures are protected by a code of confidentiality by the medical profession. It is a breach of that confidentiality that has led to this made-up crisis.
Putting the my own hyperbole aside I have felt this way on abortion: The argument in many cases is a fetus a live human being or not. The medical and legal definition death is when heart and brain activity cease (unless the person is alive by artificial means) so it seems to me life begins in the same manner by legal and medical definition when heart and brain activity begin in a fetus which to means natural life support by the mother. Prior to that it is not. I may not be phrasing this in the best legal or medical terms since I am neither a Dr or lawyer., but this seems a reasonable point of discussion.

Forum List

Back