Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids (here we go again wow)

Samson, our intrinsic differences lie in the fact that you view gay people doing this as a "choice" I see.

There's really no reconciliation to be had here, and I can understand if you truly believe homosexuality is a choice how you could believe that.

However, I know you are very logical, and despite our disagreements we do have to come to the following conclusions:

1. The school was involved with using taxpayer funds to discriminate based on gender. Not sex, but the gender. This is illegal. Had the parents started with a private and public prom it would have been different, but the initial prom was scrapped and then a poorly, reinstated version was constructed. Once again, even if you don't like homosexuality, I can't really see how one could reconcile the freedoms provide in our constitution with a ruling like this.

2. Reports are varied on whether the school was involved with the private prom or not. Whether this is true or not is beyond me, but the school was involved in discriminating against mentally handicapped kids here too. This is the larger problem to me. Sure some people in Miss. may think homosexuality is a choice, but surely they didn't think that mental disorders were too? Why were the mentally disorder kids diverted there?

WE can have our differences samson, but I don't think we should jump the gun on deciding whether the private prom was moral or not. Like I said dude, I'm not even trying to argue the moral side. I don't really "approve" of homosexuality, especially being a former Southern Baptist christian, but I've come to slowly start defeating my societal basis. As a black man, discriminating against others to me is tantamount to hypocrisy, so maybe we'll just have to agree to have fundamental differences about this one mate.

I'm actually relatively satisfied at how this thread has progressed though, solid discussion without too much nonsensical stuff.

Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids (here we go again wow)

Where are the pictures of lesbians making out? We need pictures!

olivia_munn_lesbian_kiss.jpg

Those are not the lesbians in question

these girls are;
216cbf9b.jpg

They are just kids
it's so evil what the school did

out here where I live people don't care about lesbians. Hopefully that town will evolve someday too

While I appreciate all the outrageous outrage, I think some people might be forgetting that the event wasn't canceled until AFTER the school got a letter from the ACLU. IOW, the little girl created controversy and the school responded by opting out.
NEMS360.com - UPDATE McMillen attends sparse Itawamba prom

It's fairly evident that her interest wasn't about attending the prom so much as it was about making a statement. Otherwise, she'd have obeyed the same rules for dress code and decorum set out as standard for everyone else.

last time i check the court rule in favor of her. school violated her civil rights

there nothing wrong being gay, you can accpet them the way they are. there telling her that she would of had to bring a guy and wear a dress in that theory there forcing there opioion on her. nice try it does not worth both ways.

WTF are you babbling about this AM.

Of course there's nothing wrong with being gay.

And YOU can accept them the way the are.

But there's no reason that I MUST accept them. Nor is there any reason anyone else should, outside of Federal Law.

you haven't even accpted her in the law from the start. and your forcing your views on her. she ot forcing anyone to believe in what you may not like. outside the fedreal law? ok... so i guess if you go on my property i can shoot you right?

Amazing. They even revealed that in their opinions the learning disabled are shameful and unequal.

agreed

That town is a town of everything that is wrong with Americans.

What did you expect? This is Mississippi, Ground Zero of the Republican Party.

being as old as them it does not surprise me what party there in most older folks are going to vote for R. there are some that will vote for D though and others that don't care.

Samson, our intrinsic differences lie in the fact that you view gay people doing this as a "choice" I see.

There's really no reconciliation to be had here, and I can understand if you truly believe homosexuality is a choice how you could believe that.

However, I know you are very logical, and despite our disagreements we do have to come to the following conclusions:

1. The school was involved with using taxpayer funds to discriminate based on gender. Not sex, but the gender. This is illegal. Had the parents started with a private and public prom it would have been different, but the initial prom was scrapped and then a poorly, reinstated version was constructed. Once again, even if you don't like homosexuality, I can't really see how one could reconcile the freedoms provide in our constitution with a ruling like this.

2. Reports are varied on whether the school was involved with the private prom or not. Whether this is true or not is beyond me, but the school was involved in discriminating against mentally handicapped kids here too. This is the larger problem to me. Sure some people in Miss. may think homosexuality is a choice, but surely they didn't think that mental disorders were too? Why were the mentally disorder kids diverted there?

WE can have our differences samson, but I don't think we should jump the gun on deciding whether the private prom was moral or not. Like I said dude, I'm not even trying to argue the moral side. I don't really "approve" of homosexuality, especially being a former Southern Baptist christian, but I've come to slowly start defeating my societal basis. As a black man, discriminating against others to me is tantamount to hypocrisy, so maybe we'll just have to agree to have fundamental differences about this one mate.

I'm actually relatively satisfied at how this thread has progressed though, solid discussion without too much nonsensical stuff.

Well said, and i agree with the last end of it, though it take awhile for all school to move forward...

there nothing wrong being gay, you can accpet them the way they are. there telling her that she would of had to bring a guy and wear a dress in that theory there forcing there opioion on her. nice try it does not worth both ways.

WTF are you babbling about this AM.

Of course there's nothing wrong with being gay.

And YOU can accept them the way the are.

But there's no reason that I MUST accept them. Nor is there any reason anyone else should, outside of Federal Law.

Who says you, or anyone, should accept gays? We keep hearing that time and time again yet see no evidence of it.
You do have to accept them as having equal rights as everyone else. Equal rights are not "special" rights as the religous right calls it. Equal means equal.
True liberty and the very foundation of this great nation is you have to accept and protect the equal rights of those you may despise the most.
Nothing more, nothing less.
We are a nation of laws, not of men and their differing opinions. You are entitled to have them but they have no basis in the law.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :clap2:

The self-interest and entitlement mentality here by people claiming their personal opinion gives them an absolute "right" to be bigoted not only in their words and opinions (which is protected speech) but in a public school's policy and allocation of resources is something I find revolting.

And I still fail to see the problem with a young woman wearing a man-tailored formal pantsuit (otherwise known as a tuxedo) instead of a cocktail dress to an event in the first place, but maybe that's just me. It's not like moral people that they are they'd have to worry about her boobs and butt cheeks hanging out. Of course, maybe they'd prefer that so they could administer the spankings. I haven't seen a picture, is she cute? :eusa_whistle:

While I appreciate all the outrageous outrage, I think some people might be forgetting that the event wasn't canceled until AFTER the school got a letter from the ACLU. IOW, the little girl created controversy and the school responded by opting out.

It's fairly evident that her interest wasn't about attending the prom so much as it was about making a statement. Otherwise, she'd have obeyed the same rules for dress code and decorum set out as standard for everyone else.

If I may, it says the issue 'came under scrutiny' after the ACLU wrote a letter asking them to change their 'no gays' policy. The letter did not create the problem.

Who made a complaint to the ACLU, I wonder? :eusa_whistle:
The article states that the letter demanded that "the district must allow McMillen to attend the dance with her girlfriend and to wear a tuxedo or it could face legal action". So, it certainly seems that they were working with specific information.

The Itawamba AHS prom came under scrutiny after the ACLU sent a letter to the Itawamba County School District demanding it change the school rule forbidding same-sex dates at the Itawamba AHS prom. The letter said the district must allow McMillen to attend the dance with her girlfriend and to wear a tuxedo or it could face legal action.

Eight days later, the district announced it would not hold a prom, sparking an international story that landed McMillen on the CBS Early Show, The Joy Behar Show and The Ellen Degeneres Show, among others.

You guys are all pretty busy wringing your hands in sympathy for this girl... but the reality is that she CHOSE to try to intimidate her school by threatening legal action, and the school chose to stand down rather than to accept legal intimidation.

There are rules set down regarding dress code and decorum for every student event, but somehow... this one girl is "special" and none of that applies to her? :rolleyes:

This isn't about homosexuality so much as it is about school discipline. And this kid's parents have done her a disservice to allow her to make a pariah of herself in her obstinacy. EVERYBODY is "special", and none more so than the next. By her rules, the Goth kids get to show up in grungy, black T-shirts with spikes through their noses... and every other little clique makes its statement as well. The traditional prom is cast away and becomes nothing more than a social free-for-all. And if the school doesn't want to host it when rules can't be imposed, why should it be obliged to?

We, taxpayers, don't OWE these kids a social life. We owe them an education.

Democrats talk a good game about gay rights but here is the truth;

Largest NJ gay rights group will no longer give to Democrats | Raw Story

"The largest gay-rights advocacy group in New Jersey has announced it will no longer give money to the Democratic Party.

“No longer will we let any political party take our money and volunteers with one hand, and slap us in the face with the other when we seek full equality," Goldstein added.

Garden State Equality's declaration comes amid mounting frustration in the gay community over President Barack Obama's approach to gay-rights issues.

While the president has repeatedly promised to repeal the gay military ban and has opposed the Defense of Marriage Act, activists are growing disillusioned with the administration's slow-paced approach to enacting legislation that would advance gay rights."

Last edited:
Hmm, I think Lesbians from around the area should hold a massive impromptu event in the middle of town, where they play music, dance suggestively, and make-out for an entire day.

But only the hot Lesbians.

That'll teach those bastards!

And they should tell me when it is, so I can go ogle them :)

Oh, sorry... I mean... so I can go support their rights!

Last edited:
looked up the wiki article on it. Yes Yes I know wikipedia sucks as a source. But it is at least a starting point. Other items can be brought into refute it. I would post by my post count is too low.

From what I see is that the school did hold a sponsored or at least advertised prom. Then several individuals held a seperate private prom. Constance and several others attended the advertised prom, everyone else went to the private event.

Seems the school did as it was told by the courts. The event was held, and people who wanted to attend could attend as they wanted to.

Was it a dick move by the others? Sure. But legally it met the intent of the lawsuit. Interesting tactic used by the people opposed to the couple attending. I dont think the other side anticipated this. Dick moves done in private are still legal in most cases.

So I have violated the wikipedia rule in message boards, now I need a nazi reference to Godwin it and really be a message board idiot.

Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids - Broadsheet - Salon.com

McMillen told the Advocate that the special ed kids "had the time of their lives ... That's the one good thing that came out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them."

Props to this girl for doing her best to do the right thing. It looks like she and her girlfriend got snubbed in the end but were able to see the bright side. Sounds like the special ed kids had the best prom of all.

If I may, it says the issue 'came under scrutiny' after the ACLU wrote a letter asking them to change their 'no gays' policy. The letter did not create the problem.

The article states that the letter demanded that "the district must allow McMillen to attend the dance with her girlfriend and to wear a tuxedo or it could face legal action". So, it certainly seems that they were working with specific information.

The Itawamba AHS prom came under scrutiny after the ACLU sent a letter to the Itawamba County School District demanding it change the school rule forbidding same-sex dates at the Itawamba AHS prom. The letter said the district must allow McMillen to attend the dance with her girlfriend and to wear a tuxedo or it could face legal action.

Eight days later, the district announced it would not hold a prom, sparking an international story that landed McMillen on the CBS Early Show, The Joy Behar Show and The Ellen Degeneres Show, among others.

You guys are all pretty busy wringing your hands in sympathy for this girl... but the reality is that she CHOSE to try to intimidate her school by threatening legal action, and the school chose to stand down rather than to accept legal intimidation.

There are rules set down regarding dress code and decorum for every student event, but somehow... this one girl is "special" and none of that applies to her? :rolleyes:

This isn't about homosexuality so much as it is about school discipline. And this kid's parents have done her a disservice to allow her to make a pariah of herself in her obstinacy. EVERYBODY is "special", and none more so than the next. By her rules, the Goth kids get to show up in grungy, black T-shirts with spikes through their noses... and every other little clique makes its statement as well. The traditional prom is cast away and becomes nothing more than a social free-for-all. And if the school doesn't want to host it when rules can't be imposed, why should it be obliged to?

We owe them equal protection under the law. You included.
If you do not like the US Constitution, then elect politicians that back an amendment to Constitution that bans gays and taking same sex dates to public school proms.
We are a nation of laws. If she was my kid I would be proud of her. You support her being open and honest about who she is and what she planned to do is against school discipline.That is the most absurd argument I have heard to date. Her actions were more disciplined than the adults at the school and on the school board.
You allow them to discriminate against her, next time it is your ass they will run in.

Last edited:
Sure it's not against the law, but these people are just generally fucked up.

First they discriminate against these two teenage girls, and then, when they're called on it, they discriminate against all the special ed and disabled kids, just to show us all how fucking ignorant they are.

Way to show the world what a crappy little town you all live in. Bunch of trailer trash assholes.

McMillen told the Advocate that the special ed kids "had the time of their lives ... That's the one good thing that came out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them."

Props to this girl for doing her best to do the right thing. It looks like she and her girlfriend got snubbed in the end but were able to see the bright side. Sounds like the special ed kids had the best prom of all.

If that were the case then why is she labeling the prom she attended as a fake prom? Is she not also buying into the stereotype of what a real prom is?

If you do not like the US Constitution, then elect politicians that back an amendment to Constitution that bans gays and taking same sex dates to public school proms.
We are a nation of laws. If she was my kid I would be proud of her. You support her being open and honest about who she is and what she planned to do is against school discipline.That is the most absurd argument I have heard to date. Her actions were more disciplined than the adults at the school and on the school board.
You allow them to discriminate against her, next time it is your ass they will run in.

The case isn't being argued as a "discrimination" case. It's being argued as case of "free speech/expression". Which means essentially that it argues that the school cannot set rules for dress and decorum.

And... if she was my kid, I would have insisted that she either follow the prescribed rules or not attend the event. I don't know about you, but I actually do have children in this age group, and I don't allow them to make their own rules or to manipulate other people to their own will.

The human brain is not fully mature until about age 25. The pre-frontal cortex is the seat of judgment and still immature. So, if my kid wanted to be a "gay activist", sure... I'd support him/her. But not until they're mature enough to make that decision, to fully understand the implications of it, and to take personal responsibility for the consequences of it.

This case isn't about "honesty". It's about dishonesty. Because it wasn't about the prom... it was about activism. And you're not arguing for "equal protection". You're arguing for "special protection".

Wow. As an American who believes in the freedom of all our citizens, this is outrageous.

Why?

Everyone was invited to the school sponsored event, including the Lesbian.

There was another PRIVATE event planned on the same evening.

Most kids using their individual freedom made the choice to go to the PRIVATE event.

Would you have been happier had eveyone been rounded up at the end of bayonets so they could be forced to dance with a lesbian?
According to the article, she wasn't invited to the other prom.

So because people choose not to go to the school sponsored event and have another party they are obligated to invite everyone?

They were allowed to go to the prom. You can't force the other kids to go with them.

The case isn't being argued as a "discrimination" case. It's being argued as case of "free speech/expression". Which means essentially that it argues that the school cannot set rules for dress and decorum.

And... if she was my kid, I would have insisted that she either follow the prescribed rules or not attend the event. I don't know about you, but I actually do have children in this age group, and I don't allow them to make their own rules or to manipulate other people to their own will.

The human brain is not fully mature until about age 25. The pre-frontal cortex is the seat of judgment and still immature. So, if my kid wanted to be a "gay activist", sure... I'd support him/her. But not until they're mature enough to make that decision, to fully understand the implications of it, and to take personal responsibility for the consequences of it.

This case isn't about "honesty". It's about dishonesty. Because it wasn't about the prom... it was about activism. And you're not arguing for "equal protection". You're arguing for "special protection".

Yeaaaaah I'm going to call bullshit on that.

Let's say this were a mixed race couple, and the school did the same thing, which is, cancel the prom rather than have that couple taint their children, and then hold a private event where the mixed race couple wasn't invited..

That is the DEFINITION of discrimination.

Last edited:

You just don't get it. god... the fact of the matter public school cannot make a rule agasint the Constitution they did and they the ones who cancel the prom they there runs who promoted hate and they rhere runs to tell the school that was her fault.

this is what bullies do. you just don't get through your think skull. In as for the dress code did not violet anything.

looked up the wiki article on it. Yes Yes I know wikipedia sucks as a source. But it is at least a starting point. Other items can be brought into refute it. I would post by my post count is too low.

From what I see is that the school did hold a sponsored or at least advertised prom. Then several individuals held a seperate private prom. Constance and several others attended the advertised prom, everyone else went to the private event.

Seems the school did as it was told by the courts. The event was held, and people who wanted to attend could attend as they wanted to.

Was it a dick move by the others? Sure. But legally it met the intent of the lawsuit. Interesting tactic used by the people opposed to the couple attending. I dont think the other side anticipated this. Dick moves done in private are still legal in most cases.

So I have violated the wikipedia rule in message boards, now I need a nazi reference to Godwin it and really be a message board idiot.

We already knew something was fishy about the private prom people already saw it coming.

The years will get better... in time... i like to see how many more "private proms" they school going to hold in the next couple years...

Sure it's not against the law, but these people are just generally fucked up.

First they discriminate against these two teenage girls, and then, when they're called on it, they discriminate against all the special ed and disabled kids, just to show us all how fucking ignorant they are.

Way to show the world what a crappy little town you all live in. Bunch of trailer trash assholes.

Pretty much but this is not the only city and state that does stuff like this.

So because people choose not to go to the school sponsored event and have another party they are obligated to invite everyone?

They were allowed to go to the prom. You can't force the other kids to go with them.

You're right, it isn't against the law.

It's just fucking despicable.

Like I said, Lesbians and disabled people should descend on that town like locusts. Maybe stage a giant sit in in the middle of town, with as much public display of affection as possible.

They'll just be exercising their right to free speech too, now won't they?

in one instance the other students are protected from having other kids' religious beliefs imposed upon them. in the other, the kids are entitled to be treated like every other kid in school.

don't like that whole separation of church and state thing, eh? if your kid can't go 8 hours without organized prayer, your kid should go to parochial school. :thup:

The "fake prom" was not a school event.
According to this, it was:

In an apparent compromise, school district officials said parents would organize a private event with school chaperones that McMillen could attend, tuxedo and all

The Associated Press: Miss. lesbian student's prom night falls short

Yeah. That event was the prom that she went to and which you guys are upset about because most of the rest of the class didnt go.

oh please this is discrimination as much as you don't want to admit it. are you part of the school? if that was true... than why did she win her court???? they violated her rights

Forum List

Back