Fair & Balanced My Ass

LOL

greatest excuse evah...unfortunately for dogbert, reality doesn't comport with his wussy whiny excuse

others create enough posts about fox all the time too, yet you still create threads about posts about fox

As I just said to House, this thread wasn't originally serious. YOU along with others turned into a "BUT FOX IS NOT BIASED, CNN AND MSNBC IS!" thread. Which proves my point.

As long as you want to defend Fox, threads like these will be created and piss people like you off.

Me? I'm on here to have fun, not get into bitchfests with you where you'll go off and complain about me again.

you're lying, i never said one word about fox not being biased and i never said one word about the other stations being baised. i merely pointed out that there is not one single talking point in the picture you captured, yet you claimed there are 8.

you claim you're here just to have fun and not get into bitchfests, but then you say you created this thread just piss "people like me" off.

the only thing you proved in this thread is 1. you're a liar, 2. you're a hack

you're lying, i never said one word about fox not being biased and i never said one word about the other stations being baised. i merely pointed out that there is not one single talking point in the picture you captured, yet you claimed there are 8.

you claim you're here just to have fun and not get into bitchfests, but then you say you created this thread just piss "people like me" off.

1.) Find where I said I created this thread to piss you off. I said threads like these will piss people like you off.

2.) There are clearly GOP talking points in that picture.

But keep trying. :thup:

LOL

greatest excuse evah...unfortunately for dogbert, reality doesn't comport with his wussy whiny excuse

others create enough posts about fox all the time too, yet you still create threads about posts about fox

Yeah DOGbert, you hypocritical sack of SHIT!!! You partisan hack!!!

Maybe you should follow a good, BIPARTISAN example like YURT and write threads that bash both the LIBERAL media and the CONSERVATIVE media.

I will give you some examples of Yurt's MSNBC-bashing and FNC-bashing posts in a few minutes....

Fox "news" spouts lies daily.

They change clips and label Rs Dems when they get cuaght doing somnething.

The other stations could have whatever bias they want as long as they dont spout lies like fox does.
They dont.
You people on the right dont care about the lies.

You seem to defend the lies every time they are outed as liars.

That is why Fox is comepletely by its self on the side of lies.

Well that's not very fair and balanced of you is it?

Still doesn't explain the constant whining about FNC from the left...

To your credit, there's just not enough interest in other stations to warrant their own threads... Even most on the left know this...

Sure is fair and balanced of me. My opinion about MSNBC, CBS, CNN, etc are all well known on this board. Never mind the fact I don't watch any of them. That should probably clue you in.
I've been here a while now and I didn't know your feelings about the LMSM, butonly the foolish believe the only biased chanel is FNC... Still, would be nice if one of the lefties here would post a thread criticizing them...

I'm one of those people who get my national and international news from the internet.
me too... Obviously people are watching FNC though... Ratings gold...

As for my so called whining? Alas, no. I created a lighthearted thread that was turned into a bicker "BUT MSNBC! CNN!" thread.
You call it lighthearted, but there's no denying the outright whinefest regarding FNC that comprises much of this Media subforum - lets be brutally honest...

I just called out the unfair and unbalancedness of it...

1.) Find where I said I created this thread to piss you off. I said threads like these will piss people like you off.

2.) There are clearly GOP talking points in that picture.

But keep trying. :thup:

1. i never said you did it just to piss me off, i said you created this thread just piss people like me off....your words are in quotes...."threads like these will be created and piss people like you off." you created this thread, so you in fact created it just to piss people like me off.

2. yet you still can't point out a single one. simply saying so doesn't make it so. you made the claim, now back it up.

3. you claimed: YOU along with others turned into a "BUT FOX IS NOT BIASED, CNN AND MSNBC IS!" thread. Which proves my point....yet i never said one word about fox being biased or the other stations being biased. why don't you man up and admit you lied or made a mistake.

LOL

Maybe you should follow a good, BIPARTISAN example like YURT and write threads that bash both the LIBERAL media and the CONSERVATIVE media.

I will give you some examples of Yurt's MSNBC-bashing and FNC-bashing posts in a few minutes....

I really don't know where the guy gets off trying to play hypocrite cop.

I think he just has a crush on Dogbert and wants attention.

LOL

I really don't know where the guy gets off trying to play hypocrite cop.

I think he just has a crush on Dogbert and wants attention.

so then when people post to other posters, it is because they have a crush and want attention. i had no idea you were so jealous of others debating with dogbert. if you like, i will put him back on ignore. i took him off after talking with another mod, but since you view it as problem, let me know.

LOL

As I just said to House, this thread wasn't originally serious. YOU along with others turned into a "BUT FOX IS NOT BIASED, CNN AND MSNBC IS!" thread. Which proves my point.

As long as you want to defend Fox, threads like these will be created and piss people like you off.

Me? I'm on here to have fun, not get into bitchfests with you where you'll go off and complain about me again.

Who here says FNC isn't biased? Who's defending FNC? Most here recognize it and don't give a shit...

LOL

wow, dumbest thread of the week...

apparently dogbert can't fend for himself and has to send his boyfriends xotoxi and A15 to his rescue when he is shown that his excuses are bullshit.

i had no idea dogbert was so sensitive and in need of protection. perhaps i should put him back on ignore, because it obviously bothers you guys.

Jane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox-owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to knowingly include false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Company's production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk. They successfully sued under Florida's whistle-blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a "law, rule, or regulation", and so the whistle-blower law did not apply.[1]

The court agreed with WTVT's (Fox) argument "that the FCC's policy against the intentional falsification of the news -- which the FCC has called its "news distortion policy" -- does not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102.[...] Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute."[2]

In 2001, Akre and Wilson won the Goldman Environmental Prize as a recognition for their report on RBGH

i had no idea you were so jealous of others debating with dogbert. if you like, i will put him back on ignore. I took him off after talking with another mod, but since you view it as problem, let me know.

$attention_whore.jpg

From your thread title, the question is begged, "Fair & Balanced" compared to who/what.

From your OP, there is no link to the actual stories so it's not possible to judge weather there were any "talking points" at all in the substance of the articles.

I don't claim you defend the other networks there is not enough in the OP to say much about at all. Why you took the cartoon I posted as a defense of Fox I could not say. It's a simple case of pot(s) calling the kettle black. All in all there is not enough substance so far to make any arguments of note.

No, that's a assumption on your part. There is a clear definition of what fair and biased is, Fox does not match it.

Just like MSNBC, CNN, etc don't. Though these days, CNN seems more like TMZ than anything.

People don't trust most of the media and for good reason. Though I'm an Independent, the divide is clear between Democrats and Republicans on who they trust more.

Public Policy Polling: Fox leads for trust

Predictably there is a lot of political polarization in which outlets people trust. 74% of Republicans trust Fox News, but no more than 23% trust any of the other four sources. We already knew that conservatives don't trust the mainstream media but this data is a good prism into just how deep that distrust runs.

For Democrats the numbers are a complete opposite- a majority trust all of ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC while only 30% have faith in Fox News. Continuing the trend in our polling over the last few months that independents hate everything, a plurality of them distrust all five outlets we looked at.

These numbers suggest quite a shift in what Americans want from their news. A generation ago Walter Cronkite was the most trusted man in the country because of his neutrality. Now people trust Fox the most precisely because of its lack of neutrality. It says a lot about where journalism is headed.

I could not agree with that last statment more.

PDF of full results...

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_126.pdf

Forum List

Back