Facts About Judaism

Ditch the absolutist approach.
Prayers don't "work"in of their own, they don't heal - only G-d gives the sickness and heals.

Neither I'm sure people were praying for the virus to just stop.
It's all too one-dimentional they way You put it.

There's currently a great awakening among the Jewish community in the world.
People see, intuitively feel, and know there's something BIG going on way beyond.

Some may remain in denial, or choose out of fear.

Infinately big, and although I know this would sound impolite, or non- PC, but I'll anyway say this - infinately connected to them as a nation in the most direct manner possible, than to any other, many see what only the words of the prophets had the capacity to convey.

"And enough for the wise a clue" - Rabbi Zveida on Mishley
Since when the Jewish community is interested in what is going on with goyim around the world?

In their care, is this Jewish community asking for donations?

Since inception as a family and then as a nation.
The responsibility for Tikkun 'Olam involves all humanity.

Isn't the issue of prayer to be in secret. like when you do good to others?
It depends on the type of prayer, of course. We see Jesus off in the wilderness during his personal prayer time. We see him gathered with people when he is at the Synagogue or Temple and involved in community prayer. I don't burst into personal prayer when I am in a crowd, and by the same token, praying alone while watch a church service on TV also seems off to me because it seems there should be more than me present.
Do you think God listens to multitudes without their repentance first?
This is why the Catholic Mass begins with a penitential rite, and why we are encouraged to make any personal amends before worship. God judges the heart. I have every reason to believe God listens to all who have good intentions.

Please, let's be respectful.

There're already a ton of threads about Christianity.
This one is about Judaism.

Please, let's be respectful.

There're already a ton of threads about Christianity.
This one is about Judaism.
As you wish. I thought I was responding to someone of the Jewish faith who brought up these issues. I apologize, and will delete my posts and leave the thread.

Watch: God Has Removed All Our Excuses to Stay in Galut

Rabbi Menachem Penner is the Max and Marion Grill Dean of Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary at Yeshiva University and the Men’s Undergraduate Torah Studies programs at Yeshiva University.

Rabbi Penner also the Rabbi Emeritus at the Young Israel of Holliswood in Queens.

Rabbi Penner received his semikha from RIETS in 1994 and his BA from Yeshiva College in 1991. The parent of a child with special needs, he speaks across the country on issues of children with disabilities.

Now watch him provide the most optimistic and Jewish commentary on the coronavirus infestation. It might just blow your mind.

Comment:

Look, I know... already told this to some of You, and this is not easy to hear.
But again just look at the situation - for the last several days since last week, HaShem has been clearly collecting the leaders of the Galut one after another - France, England, the US...

We're all 'Arevim Ze L'ze (responsible for each other), want it or not all connected,
what happens here and there and everywhere, eventually directly influences Klal Yisrael.
Everything happening now with Klal Yisrael is highly meaningful, we see things develop faster and faster.

Especially if You look at the latest developments in Israel - the formation of the Unity Govt.,
and after seeing all the mess that started long before the world crisis, all mostly given up on long ago, and most unexpectedly, against all odds the biggest coalition in all modern history of the state - on the day of Rosh Hodesh Nisan.

All the collective prayers initiated worldwide
If there's a collective Tshuvah - this is it.

And the country as if stands open, with open hands to receive her children -special airlifts from Peru where El-Al flew for the first time, India, with may more rescue missions being planned as we speak

And in-spite all, each month additional Olim arrive by hundreds, last Jewish families from Ethiopia before it totally sealed its borders, others apply for repatriation and renewal of their Israeli citizenship.

But most importantly - all around the country, hotels and guest houses all standing empty as if waiting just for that purpose. Everything is ready to accommodate.

And now Rabbis start urging the communities...

We are all 'Arevim Ze Lze!

Since inception as a family and then as a nation.
The responsibility for Tikkun 'Olam involves all humanity.

Nor Tikum 'Olam neither Beelzebub Balaam, the chosen people was supposed to learn the law, observe the law and teach it to the rest so the name YHWH will be known by all nations.

In the whole history of Israel after receiving the law of God, there is not a single record they did fulfill any of the three things mentioned above.

God is not listen to Jews, because repentance is the first step and that is the common failure of all religious denominations -including the religion denomination called Judaism- which are not repenting first before asking God for mercy.

It was said they prayed to "stop" the virus and didn't work.

I guess there is nothing more to say about this point.

You may wish to regard the following: Messianic Life

huge_avatar

See...that's exactly what I'm talking about,
missionaries have not the least integrity to be straightforward,
trolling around seeking to disconnect Jews from their heritage, always sneaky.

What is that about Islam and Christianity that makes them so unsure
of themselves that they absolutely must try and turn everyone to be like them?
What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
The Kohanim were not known for being shy.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

Last edited:
What I've read is that Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem when they realized that the 12 year old Jesus was missing from among the relatives and friends with whom they were traveling. Joseph and Mary found Jesus in the Temple days later astounding the learned men there with HIS knowledge of scripture. That is hardly barging in anywhere. We are not told of exactly where in the Temple complex this occurred. There was also a women's court.

God didn't gave his ordinances in a way that only the erudite will understand.

On the contrary, the Scriptures purpose is to be learn the same by a child and by an adult.

The play of the priests was mostly as guidance in this aspect of knowing the Scriptures, and they themselves learned while teaching.

When you start to learn the several laws and why they were given, for example the days of purification of a woman who delivered a boy or a girl, and being absent for a week or two, the reason for the difference is so easy to understand and is based in common sense. Perhaps today the same week nor two weeks of being absent can be applied successfully.

And in order to find out easily the meaning behind the laws, you really won't need anything but open hearth, open mind, and a simple condition not many can decipher because they never understood what God really wants from man.

If "Jesus" being a child was surprising the erudite at the Temple, is because the erudite wasted their lives trying to understand the word of God the wrong way.

I have been filled up with so much mysticism from Judaism, that at the end my conclusion is that they really have a huge reading comprehension problem. In many aspects they have not understood the scriptures.

And there is no reason to lean on excuses, like saying "old Hebrew" is really hard to decipher, which is partially true, however, when you have the "key" then you dance the Macarena while reading the Torah.

That individual known as "Jesus" had the key, no doubt about it. He taught Torah in a way that orthodox priests were piss off when their teachings were exposed as erroneous.

This individual "Jesus" included lots of legends from times of Abraham, Jacob, and more, in order to attract the multitudes so they can learn from God the way God wanted to be known.

Today, this religion denomination known as Judaism, still following their "tradition" in all aspects, when learning and when applying and obeying the doctrines given, and this is why they have not grown in knowledge.

Judaism still learning and teaching the thoughts of former rabbis as their base foundation, when such an expired knowledge have been over passed hundreds and thousands of times by others who are studying the Torah and are receiving new insight.

Shulchan Aruch For Bnei Noach Set To Be Published

The “Shulchan Aruch” is a halachic rulebook which contains all the daily routines, and also the practices for holidays and the life cycle. What is permitted and what is forbidden? This book will be a collection of halacha specifically for Noahides.

The “Shulchan Aruch” will be written by the Director of Brit Olam – Noahide World Center – Rav Oury Cherki. a result of many years of mutual efforts with many Noahides. It is being written with the advice and guidance of a forum of rabbis who are experts in the subject of Bnei Noach and the universal message of Judaism.

You provided an interesting link. What I liked the most is mentioning of the commandment not to murder in regard with prohibition to embarrass someone in public.

Of course, embarrassment of a fellow is considered murder.

And it's multifaceted, aside from what seems today as apparent moral digression,
as much as with murder today, there's a physiological explanation to why embarrassment is considered murder as well, but it doesn't end there as well.

There's a method to Jewish law, and the Rabbinic argumentation is infinitely complex and meticulous , way beyond what can possibly expanded in such a forum.

Only to start grasping the initial thread of a single debate on a single subject on one page of the Gmara, which can be centered at a single phrase or even word of the law, on its initial literal level- can take at best several months (and I'm being large here), even that is virtually impossible without prior grasp of some minimal basis.

But that's if I'm being large here, in reality, if after 3-4 months You grasp 20% that's a significant intellectual achievement. And a person will know this on his own, once that's starts rolling, the feeling of growing up to a rigorous intellectual challenge, as it's commonly expressed - 'it starts tasting like honey'.

Anyway, as already said this is not the platform capable enough of containing such a detailed discourse in the correct way, and I'm certainly not the one fit to take the position.

But to go back to what You've previously pointed out, I'll conclude with another simple example- there're many kinds of theft, as with murder explained above, some are not as obvious initially, namely - there's whats called 'theft of mind' as well, which I think fits more for the example You've previously given.

Hope I didn't confuse it, or made it overly complicated.
We can always take back, and expand as we proceed with the conversation.

Thanks for your input. Frankly, my knowledge is too low for meaningful conversations, to say nothing about discussions. I tried several times to read the Bible (both OT and NT), but have never managed to get it through completely.

Though, during this period significant shift in my mind happened. I no longer consider Judaism as primitive and purely tribal religion compared with Christianity. The contrary is true, it seems.

I am not a religious person. And I think that never will be. There are some aspects of religious life I can't accept (they are common to all religions). Though, it should be interesting to read the book mentioned when it appears. And follow the rules it provides which get along with my feelings and mind.

I am fascinated. What led you to believe that Judaism is primitive
and tribal?

Primitive? No

Tribal? 100%. That’s understandable until they put the tribe above G-d.

What do you mean by 'tribal'?

By the way, it's G-d who prescribes, with exception of 3 conditions,
that the life of a single member of His tribe takes precedent over His entire Torah.

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

Too much contempt clouds your ability to form thoughts
that go beyond shallow infantile projection.

But I'll answer anyway - the 3 exceptional conditions are:

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder
Not specifically in that order.
G-d gave Torah to Israel, to live in it, not otherwise.

Except for the above, value of life takes precedent over any Torah law.

I have no contempt but I agree that contempt is one of the things that can cloud objectivity just as unplaced loyalty to a tribal member can cloud objectivity which is what I was referring to in my prior post.

Man’s original sin was worshipping created things instead of the creator. It’s a little more than gold calf’s.

That has nothing to do with a tribe.
Rather a natural human trait, or for that matter of living creatures.

I'm not going to discus the subject of sin,
with a person who thinks G-d of Israel was "born".

It's just not of potential depth, let alone intellectually interesting.

I'm sorry, but move on.

Being looked down upon by Jews for my religious beliefs isn’t anything new. But it is still surprising and ironic each time it happens.

The “Shulchan Aruch” is a halachic rulebook which contains all the daily routines, and also the practices for holidays and the life cycle. What is permitted and what is forbidden? This book will be a collection of halacha specifically for Noahides.

The “Shulchan Aruch” will be written by the Director of Brit Olam – Noahide World Center – Rav Oury Cherki. a result of many years of mutual efforts with many Noahides. It is being written with the advice and guidance of a forum of rabbis who are experts in the subject of Bnei Noach and the universal message of Judaism.

You provided an interesting link. What I liked the most is mentioning of the commandment not to murder in regard with prohibition to embarrass someone in public.

And it's multifaceted, aside from what seems today as apparent moral digression,
as much as with murder today, there's a physiological explanation to why embarrassment is considered murder as well, but it doesn't end there as well.

There's a method to Jewish law, and the Rabbinic argumentation is infinitely complex and meticulous , way beyond what can possibly expanded in such a forum.

Only to start grasping the initial thread of a single debate on a single subject on one page of the Gmara, which can be centered at a single phrase or even word of the law, on its initial literal level- can take at best several months (and I'm being large here), even that is virtually impossible without prior grasp of some minimal basis.

But that's if I'm being large here, in reality, if after 3-4 months You grasp 20% that's a significant intellectual achievement. And a person will know this on his own, once that's starts rolling, the feeling of growing up to a rigorous intellectual challenge, as it's commonly expressed - 'it starts tasting like honey'.

Anyway, as already said this is not the platform capable enough of containing such a detailed discourse in the correct way, and I'm certainly not the one fit to take the position.

But to go back to what You've previously pointed out, I'll conclude with another simple example- there're many kinds of theft, as with murder explained above, some are not as obvious initially, namely - there's whats called 'theft of mind' as well, which I think fits more for the example You've previously given.

Thanks for your input. Frankly, my knowledge is too low for meaningful conversations, to say nothing about discussions. I tried several times to read the Bible (both OT and NT), but have never managed to get it through completely.

Though, during this period significant shift in my mind happened. I no longer consider Judaism as primitive and purely tribal religion compared with Christianity. The contrary is true, it seems.

I am not a religious person. And I think that never will be. There are some aspects of religious life I can't accept (they are common to all religions). Though, it should be interesting to read the book mentioned when it appears. And follow the rules it provides which get along with my feelings and mind.

and tribal?

Primitive? No

pic------how do you say "tribe" in Hebrew?

Like this. It’s ok to look the other way when a member of the tribe does the wrong thing, the wrong way, for the wrong reason.

Who or what decides what is wrong?

Reality

sunday school reality-------like----who puts the jelly beans in
the basket

Reality such as is.

and tribal?

Primitive? No

that the life of a single member of His tribe takes precedent over His entire Torah.

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I have no contempt but I agree that contempt is one of the things that can cloud objectivity just as unplaced loyalty to a tribal member can cloud objectivity which is what I was referring to in my prior post.

Man’s original sin was worshipping created things instead of the creator. It’s a little more than gold calf’s.

I'm sorry, but move on.

Being looked down upon by Jews for my religious beliefs isn’t anything new. But it is still surprising and ironic each time it happens.

I am fascinated. Can you describe some incident in your life which
involved "Being looked down upon by Jews for...{your} religious
beliefs......" ??? Did it happen in school, on the 'playground' -----
in the street?

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

in the street?

No. I never had any contact with Jews until I joined USMB. So imagine my surprise.

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

So, that's the way you feel. :dunno:

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

in the street?

No. I never had any contact with Jews until I joined USMB. So imagine my surprise.

About what?

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

in the street?

I gee----I have had extensive contact with Christians of several flavors
since age 5 (kindergarten) You imagine that your "beliefs" are
"looked down upon" by jews? Have you had much contact with
"other Christians" or hindus or muslims or Taoists ....etc....?

You may wish to regard the following: Messianic Life

huge_avatar

See...that's exactly what I'm talking about,
missionaries have not the least integrity to be straightforward,
trolling around seeking to disconnect Jews from their heritage, always sneaky.

What is that about Islam and Christianity that makes them so unsure
of themselves that they absolutely must try and turn everyone to be like them?
What heritage are you concerned about? I note that Mary and Joseph were a Jewish couple. Jesus was raised Jewish. He was dedicated at the Temple at Jerusalem... All the prophetic heritage of the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah who I firmly believe has come and will return again (likely sooner than later). The Messiah/Christ fulfilled every requirement of the Mosaic/GOD's Law. I note that many Jews are still seeking the Messiah's coming. Yet if indeed He came this day would Jews be anymore receptive than they were 2000 years ago? Would they not expect things to change at His revelation?

I see true Christianity as the pinnacle, or fruition of the history of the nation of Israel, and its part of bringing the SAVIOR to the ENTIRE world (the gentiles) --- and not just so it (Israel) can wallow in exclusive "traditions" for tradition sake... I as an evangelical christian love the Jewish people and their traditions, but I also realize that most of these traditions point to the Messiah. This is something I personally feel many Jews miss. They see them as family gatherings and shinning a spotlight upon themselves. But believers should be shining the light upon HIM who save us an not fret that we will somehow lose traditional identity. This is because we are all made whole when we spotlight G-D's grace to everyone.
If the episode of Mary barging her way onto the Temple Mount actually occurred, the Kohanim would have executed her or had her executed by the Romans.
The Kohanim were not known for being shy.
If you actually studied the Torah you would know how preposterous this "episode" sounds.
And where exactly does that episode appear in any of the Gospel narratives? I've never read of it. If you are speaking of some Hollywood movie, where have they ever stuck to the Bible without "artistic license". Look at NOAH and also the Ten Commandments. There are problems and I read the Bible and do not depend on even the best that Hollywood has to offer as sticking to the original script.
Luke?
The fact is that you have not read the NT at all if you don’t even know about this episode.

you got a specific PART of the NT for that story? I read the NT
(long ago) and I remember the incident simply as being something
like "Jesus was in a synagogue talking to "grown up" educated
people and EXPOUNDING on scriptures in a manner beyond his years. I do not recall this incident as taking place in the central temple
in Jerusalem. I think your problem here is a matter of TRANSLATION

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

in the street?

I gee----I have had extensive contact with Christians of several flavors
since age 5 (kindergarten) You imagine that your "beliefs" are
"looked down upon" by jews? Have you had much contact with
"other Christians" or hindus or muslims or Taoists ....etc....?

Actually I have. They were very pleasant.

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

in the street?

About what?

How arrogant and rude they behave.

and tribal?

Primitive? No

Cliquish.

it’s the conditions.

1. Sexual immorality
  2. Idol worship
  3. Murder

I'm sorry, but move on.

So, that's the way you feel. :dunno:

No. That’s the way they behaved.

Forum List

Back