"Fact is, Clinton can't handle the truth"

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
The Hidden Anger Of Bill Clinton
BY Paul Sperry, Investor's Business Daily
9/25/2006

While asking Bill Clinton a legitimate question about his terror-fighting record, "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace brought out the belligerent bully in the former president, a side rarely seen in public but always simmering just beneath that aw-shucks persona.

Wallace asked Clinton if he'd done enough to hunt down Osama bin Laden before 9/11, and the ex-president — in the middle of a humanitarian tour to repair, a la Nixon, his scandal-tarnished image — went ballistic.

He's "a very big man," a stunned Wallace reportedly said after the encounter. "As he leaned forward — wagging his finger in my face — and then poking the notes I was holding — I felt as if a mountain was coming down in front of me."

I can commiserate with Wallace. Several years ago, as the Washington bureau chief of this newspaper, I also got full frontal Clinton—in my case, for daring to ask him about the Chinagate scandal.

for full article:
http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1502&status=article&id=244076609944389

Forum List

Back