Fact Checking Debate #2

I do my own fact checking since I know the facts.

So what about that list is not right ? What does YOUR fact checking say .
Norman already laid it out.

Norman isnt a fact checker but he is your human shield

You libs always need an authority to tell you what to think, what is right and what is wrong. Yet you think you should be able to make the rules for everyone... it is comical... Drones don't make rules or think, their comments and thoughts are worthless, as are yours.

Now, go listen some more CNN like a mindless zombie. Let them do your fact checking / thinking for you.

Cool Story bro...When you get the name of the fact checker you trust let us know. Until then you have 36 more name calling posts to go

Something completely impossible to a regressive liberal:

Independent thought.

4. “It has not been debunked. I was against the war in Iraq.” — Trump

He has been against the war, there are many quotes.

He was initially FOR the war. So he changed his mind and denies. Hillary changed her mind and regretted it. She doesn't lie and say she was never for it.

This is Factcheck again but it gives a decent accounting of his position, first in support, and then against. He's lying if he says he was never for it, because his words are on record. What I don't get is why didn't he just say so instead of over and over denying he ever supported it? He could have said - ya, I initially supported it, but then changed my mind before it even started. That would have been accurate, and won him points - but he couldn't.

FactChecking the Second Presidential Debate
Donald Trump has repeated throughout his presidential campaign that he opposed the Iraq war before the March 19, 2003 invasion, often taking credit for his judgement and vision — claiming he knew it would destabilize the Middle East.

On Feb. 13, in the most recent debate, Trump said: “I said it loud and clear, ‘You’ll destabilize the Middle East.'” In the Sept. 16, 2015 debate, Trump claimed that he “fought very, very hard against us … going into Iraq,” saying he could provide “25 different stories” to prove his opposition.

Trump has even said that he was “visited by people from the White House” in attempt to silence him, because, he said, he was getting “a disproportionate amount of publicity” for his opposition to the war.

There is no evidence that we could find, however, that he spoke against the war before it started, although we did find he expressed early concerns about the cost and direction of the war a few months after it started.

Others have looked, but no one else — including PolitiFact and the Washington Post Fact Checker — has been able to find any evidence to support his claims, either. Now, BuzzFeed reports that Trump indicated his support for war in a radio interview with shock jock Howard Stern on Sept. 11, 2002 — a little more than six months before the war started.

Stern asked Trump directly if he supported going to war with Iraq, and Trump hesitantly responded, “Yeah, I guess so.”​

5. “She is raising everybody's taxes massively.”

Oh come on, do we really have to pull up her record? Obamacare for one...
So how is she raising everyone's taxes massively so far? Specifically? Obamacare is a huge generality to put forth. I haven't seen any specific tax plan initiatives from her campaign involving it.

Politico said this:
Hillary Clinton has promised not to raise taxes on Americans earning less than $250,000. She has also proposed a series of measures that increase taxes—but only on the rich. In fact, one score of her plan from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that most Americans would receive a tax cut under her plan.

Generally speaking the Tax Policy Center is a reliable source. Now...this is only words and promises from her, so who knows what really happens. But there is no indication of her "raising taxes massively" from what she has proposed.

7. “We have no growth in this country,” – Trump

Stupid...

Why?

According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, we've had growth: News Release: Gross Domestic Product

8. “A lot has to do with the fact that our taxes are so high. About the highest in the world.” — Trump

The corporate tax is.

Yes, but that isn't what Trump said. Our personal taxes are actually quite low for a developed country. I do disagree with Clinton's proposals on increasing corporate taxes...I think they should be lower, and with fewer loopholes. The thing is though - corporate taxes are quite high, but with all the deductions they can claim - is the amount they REALLY pay, that high?

9. “We have the slowest growth since 1929.” – Trump

Interpreted in a certain way... true.

How?

10. “But she wants to go to single payer, which means the government basically rules everything. Hillary Clinton has been after this for years.” — Trump

Hillary has been for single payer.

Where?

According to Trump wrongly says Clinton wants single-payer - it's completely false.

4. “It has not been debunked. I was against the war in Iraq.” — Trump

He has been against the war, there are many quotes.

He was initially FOR the war. So he changed his mind and denies. Hillary changed her mind and regretted it. She doesn't lie and say she was never for it.

This is Factcheck again but it gives a decent accounting of his position, first in support, and then against. He's lying if he says he was never for it, because his words are on record. What I don't get is why didn't he just say so instead of over and over denying he ever supported it? He could have said - ya, I initially supported it, but then changed my mind before it even started. That would have been accurate, and won him points - but he couldn't.

FactChecking the Second Presidential Debate
Donald Trump has repeated throughout his presidential campaign that he opposed the Iraq war before the March 19, 2003 invasion, often taking credit for his judgement and vision — claiming he knew it would destabilize the Middle East.

On Feb. 13, in the most recent debate, Trump said: “I said it loud and clear, ‘You’ll destabilize the Middle East.'” In the Sept. 16, 2015 debate, Trump claimed that he “fought very, very hard against us … going into Iraq,” saying he could provide “25 different stories” to prove his opposition.

Trump has even said that he was “visited by people from the White House” in attempt to silence him, because, he said, he was getting “a disproportionate amount of publicity” for his opposition to the war.

There is no evidence that we could find, however, that he spoke against the war before it started, although we did find he expressed early concerns about the cost and direction of the war a few months after it started.

Others have looked, but no one else — including PolitiFact and the Washington Post Fact Checker — has been able to find any evidence to support his claims, either. Now, BuzzFeed reports that Trump indicated his support for war in a radio interview with shock jock Howard Stern on Sept. 11, 2002 — a little more than six months before the war started.

Stern asked Trump directly if he supported going to war with Iraq, and Trump hesitantly responded, “Yeah, I guess so.”​

5. “She is raising everybody's taxes massively.”

Oh come on, do we really have to pull up her record? Obamacare for one...
So how is she raising everyone's taxes massively so far? Specifically? Obamacare is a huge generality to put forth. I haven't seen any specific tax plan initiatives from her campaign involving it.

Politico said this:
Hillary Clinton has promised not to raise taxes on Americans earning less than $250,000. She has also proposed a series of measures that increase taxes—but only on the rich. In fact, one score of her plan from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that most Americans would receive a tax cut under her plan.

Generally speaking the Tax Policy Center is a reliable source. Now...this is only words and promises from her, so who knows what really happens. But there is no indication of her "raising taxes massively" from what she has proposed.

7. “We have no growth in this country,” – Trump

Stupid...

Why?

According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, we've had growth: News Release: Gross Domestic Product

8. “A lot has to do with the fact that our taxes are so high. About the highest in the world.” — Trump

The corporate tax is.

Yes, but that isn't what Trump said. Our personal taxes are actually quite low for a developed country. I do disagree with Clinton's proposals on increasing corporate taxes...I think they should be lower, and with fewer loopholes. The thing is though - corporate taxes are quite high, but with all the deductions they can claim - is the amount they REALLY pay, that high?

9. “We have the slowest growth since 1929.” – Trump

Interpreted in a certain way... true.

How?

10. “But she wants to go to single payer, which means the government basically rules everything. Hillary Clinton has been after this for years.” — Trump

Hillary has been for single payer.

Where?

According to Trump wrongly says Clinton wants single-payer - it's completely false.

So basically, if you interpret his claims in a way he didn't mean them, they are lies.

That's brilliant! This way anyone can be painted a liar...

And now you understand one reason why the fact-checkers are hogwash. But it is indeed only one reason...

It is biased...

However, whether the claims are true or not is a other matter...

Do you have another source that factchecked that you are more comfortable with? Feel free to add it :)

He pointed out the lies published by factcheck.org. You are a lying douche bag who is trying so hard to get us to swallow leftwing propaganda.

You libs always need an authority to tell you what to think, what is right and what is wrong. Yet you think you should be able to make the rules for everyone... it is comical... Drones don't make rules or think, their comments and thoughts are worthless, as are yours.

Now, go listen some more CNN like a mindless zombie. Let them do your fact checking / thinking for you.

Cool Story bro...When you get the name of the fact checker you trust let us know. Until then you have 36 more name calling posts to go

Something completely impossible to a regressive liberal:

Independent thought.

35 more posts to go. Who is a fact checker you trust or will you go for your 3rd insult post to avoid answering?

Do you have another source that factchecked that you are more comfortable with? Feel free to add it :)

He pointed out the lies published by factcheck.org. You are a lying douche bag who is trying so hard to get us to swallow leftwing propaganda.

No, he accused them of lying and the proof of it only lies in his ability to type it.

Who do you trust as a fact checker? This is the 4th time I'm asking

Anyone who trusts some "news" outlet to determine what "facts" he believes is an imbecile who is terminally naive.

No, he accused them of lying and the proof of it only lies in his ability to type it.

Who do you trust as a fact checker? This is the 4th time I'm asking

Only naive morons like you trust so-called "fact checkers."

Anyone who trusts some "news" outlet to determine what "facts" he believes is an imbecile who is terminally naive.

So you dont agree with anyone on anything and that makes me an imbecile. Didnt I tell you that when it comes to taking a stand for or against something you always opt for name calling.

Now you're trying to present your ignorance as strength. Funny stuff. But you trust Norman to determine what is a fact or not :badgrin:

:2up: What time does Norman come on to give you these facts?

Those "fact checking" are full of shit.
I remember on the last debate, Kaine said Trump was going to raise taxes on the middle class... Not a fucking word...

So you dont agree with anyone on anything and that makes me an imbecile. Didnt I tell you that when it comes to taking a stand for or against something you always opt for name calling.

Now you're trying to present your ignorance as strength. Funny stuff. But you trust Norman to determine what is a fact or not :badgrin:

:2up: What time does Norman come on to give you these facts?

I don't agree with leftwing propaganda organs simply because they claim to be "fact checkers." Only imbeciles like you do that. And, yes, it does make you an imbecile.

Logic and facts are wasted on you, so name calling and ridicule is what you deserve. You've been told multiple times why your demands are absurd, yet you keep coming back for more. If you don't want to be insulted, then quite insulting me with your imbecile questions.

I didnt say left wing or right wing. I simply asked you a wide open question of who do you trust as a fact checker and you so far trust this Norman guy and no one else.

But to pretend you're smart for only trusting this person on a Message Board named Norman is hilarious....in like that sad way.

I didnt say left wing or right wing. I simply asked you a wide open question of who do you trust as a fact checker and you so far trust this Norman guy and no one else.

But to pretend you're smart for only trusting this person on a Message Board named Norman is hilarious....in like that sad way.

They're all leftwing, douche bag. I never said I relied on Norman to "fact check" anything for me. I read what he wrote and I'm satisfied with it because it agrees with what I know.

They're all leftwing, douche bag. I never said I relied on Norman to "fact check" anything for me. I read what he wrote and I'm satisfied with it because it agrees with what I know.
Why do you think none of the right-wing news sites fact check? Because it wouldn't make their guy look good.

You are a lying douche bag who is trying so hard to get us to swallow leftwing propaganda.

Yeah! You're too busy voluntarily swallowing the Donald's old, decrepit shriveled nut sack. No time to swallow propaganda!

Last edited:

Why do you think none of the right-wing news sites fact check? Because it wouldn't make their guy look good.
Wrong. It's because they aren't sleazy propaganda sites.

What does that have to do with fact checking or....do they even want to know the facts?

BWAHAHAHA

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying.

BWAHAHAHA

Fools often laugh at the facts.

BWAHAHAHA

Fools often laugh at the facts.

But you can't identify where you get your facts! Pointing at your fat belly doesn't count.

Forum List

Back