Fact Check: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle

Why don't you just declare yourself the winner then?

488152_521206667905985_1161310051_n.jpg

so then someone else worked hard so the Obamas could be rich?

It's confirmed with me, you are a mouthpiece with nothing of value to add to any discussion. At least not any I've read yet!

Who's more wealthy romney or obama?

now when your hypocrisy is exposed you say "which one is more wealthy?"

if you are going to bash rich people bash them all.

don't pick and choose

You've been out of the country for a few years???

That's funny I was about to ask you the same.:badgrin:

Is that bs you posted what you consider as proof or supportive?

I post only the truth.

You can accept it or continue being a dunce.....I can't force you to be right.

It's obvious from your posts on just this one thread that you are not learning, even though you claim you are. Simply put, I fail to see how anyone can arrive at being a con or con lover after applying a fair amount of critical thinking combined with common sense. Unless, of course, one has another agenda they aren't sharing:cool: It really is no wonder why con's want to privatize (for-profit) education.:eusa_shhh:

Please do explain how you arrive at a decision when you only get one side of the argument?

It's confirmed with me, you are a mouthpiece with nothing of value to add to any discussion. At least not any I've read yet!

now when your hypocrisy is exposed you say "which one is more wealthy?"

if you are going to bash rich people bash them all.

don't pick and choose

I don't begrudge anyone who gets wealthy from being poor AND remembers what it is like to be poor or lower class and acts worthy of that wealth. I could give a rats ass about anyone born with a silver spoon in their yap as they did not earn there way and have no clue as to what it is like in the lower classes and acts accordingly. I personally know of no rich guyz galz who are nice and giving people and most if not all go to church.

Last edited:
Whatever source you think is providing you the upper hand!?!:confused:

What are you asking??

Would you like a list of books on economics??

Have you read Sowell or Ferrara or Walter Williams???

I make it my business to study every day...how about you?

I learn and have been learning all 53 years of my life which is EXACTLY why I now lean democratic. Not that it matters, but I also hold a Bachelor of Science and was one year away from a Master's.

One thing I have noticed in this thread is that most if not all con lovers here seem to have a hang up with ones appearance, as though it somehow matters in the grand scheme of things. Sad!!

Two of us right out of U of T. We smoke you. And? Now you want to say these people are stupitd?

You noticed? You think?
Go douche yourself

What are you asking??

I learn and have been learning all 53 years of my life which is EXACTLY why I now lean democratic. Not that it matters, but I also hold a Bachelor of Science and was one year away from a Master's.

One thing I have noticed in this thread is that most if not all con lovers here seem to have a hang up with ones appearance, as though it somehow matters in the grand scheme of things. Sad!!

Two of us right out of U of T. We smoke you. And? Now you want to say these people are stupitd?

You noticed? You think?
Go douche yourself

I see you conveniently ignored post 142.:clap2:

That's funny I was about to ask you the same.:badgrin:

Is that bs you posted what you consider as proof or supportive?

I post only the truth.

You can accept it or continue being a dunce.....I can't force you to be right.

It's obvious from your posts on just this one thread that you are not learning, even though you claim you are. Simply put, I fail to see how anyone can arrive at being a con or con lover after applying a fair amount of critical thinking combined with common sense. Unless, of course, one has another agenda they aren't sharing:cool: It really is no wonder why con's want to privatize (for-profit) education.:eusa_shhh:

Please do explain how you arrive at a decision when you only get one side of the argument?

so all conservatives march lock step on every issue?

yes, you are a dunce

To what source or fact do you refer?

What are you asking??

There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world.
Thomas Jefferson

I read every day. But unlike you PC, I read to gain knowledge and determine the truth. You study to accumulate ammunition that supports your dogma.

For you, logic is an enemy and truth is a menace

Last edited:
Why don't you just declare yourself the winner then?

488152_521206667905985_1161310051_n.jpg

A more pertinent question might be...who had made more OTHER people wealthy...Romney or Obama?

One has the skill set to take struggling entities and turn them into profitable entities...the other has the skill set to take public money and redistribute it. Which is what we need right now?

I'm gonna go with the guy who understands economics and how to create jobs...you can have the guy who doesn't have a clue about either subject.

A more pertinent question might be...who had made more OTHER people wealthy...Romney or Obama?

One has the skill set to take struggling entities and turn them into profitable entities...the other has the skill set to take public money and redistribute it. Which is what we need right now?

I'm gonna go with the guy who understands economics and how to create jobs...you can have the guy who doesn't have a clue about either subject.

Mitt Romney's tenure as Governor from 2003 through 2007: Massachusetts was 47th in job creation.

One guy knows how to liquidate entities solely for the benefit of a handful of wealthy stockholders.

The America people are shareholders in our economy. I'm gonna go with the guy who understands that vital distinction.

And I'm gonna go with the guy who will stand up to the liquidationists, the austerity blood letting crowd and the morally bankrupt GOP like FDR and Harry Hopkins did in the 1930's.

During the Great Depression conservatives raised the same objections to F.D.R.’s programs that today's conservatives chastise our President over. They said the economy must be left alone and it would correct itself in the long run. Commerce Secretary Harry Hopkins shot back: “People don’t eat in the long run. They eat every day.”

Contemplating in retrospect the wreck of his country’s economy and his own presidency, Herbert Hoover wrote bitterly in his memoirs about those who had advised inaction during the downslide:

The ‘leave-it-alone liquidationists’ headed by Secretary of the Treasury Mellon…felt that government must keep its hands off and let the slump liquidate itself. Mr. Mellon had only one formula: ‘Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate’.…He held that even panic was not altogether a bad thing. He said: ‘It will purge the rottenness out of the system. High costs of living and high living will come down. People will work harder, live a more moral life. Values will be adjusted, and enterprising people will pick up the wrecks from less competent people’.

Last edited:
Well, it seems that it is not only the Republicans, that can put their own spin on a story not matter what the facts are.

by Joel B. Pollak

First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

“elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

EDITED PER BOARD COPYRIGHT RULES

"First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie."

Actually, Michelle Obama grew up on the south side of Chicago in a middle-class home, and haven't we ALL had to struggle in our lives to get where we are or aren't?? Struggle is good. It builds character.

Last edited:
"So Michelle Obama says she came from nothing? Fraser Robinson, Michelle’s dad, was a pump operator at the Chicago city water plant. Back in the 70′s he was earning a salary of about $50,000 a year. That’s equivalent to $282,000 today when you adjust for inflation. Michelle’s mother, Marian Robinson, was a secretary at the Spiegel’s catalog store. So no, Michelle Obama didn’t come from a rich family, but she sure as hell didn’t come from a struggling family like she wants you to believe."

Seems that all concerned started out pretty well in life....

If wages were TRULY adjusted for inflation the minimum wage would be well over $10/hr, and poverty wouldn't be increasing, but we don't live in a perfect world or a country.

Your source is not independent and is far right/radical. This makes it credible how?

The Robinsons grew up on the upper floor of a house built in the Twenties. Number 7436 South Euclid Avenue (check it out in google maps or look up Mrs O: The truth about Michelle Obama's 'working class' credentials, to see the actual house, since I am new and can't post links.
"However, he was a good deal more than the labourer that many seem to imagine.
Indeed, according to family friends, Michelle's father was a volunteer organiser for the city's Democratic Party, a by-word for machine politics in America, and his loyalty was rewarded with a well-paid engineering job at Chicago's water plant. Even before overtime, he earned $42,686 - 25 per cent more than High School teachers at the time.
Michelle's mother stayed at home and devoted her energies to her and her older brother Craig. Marian Robinson nurtured great ambitions for both her children, along with the traditional values which are now serving Michelle so well."
from that article I referenced as well.
On another note, Mitt Romney gave away all his inheritance. Notice the media pretty much ignores that.
And why in the world does it matter who had what growing up as long as they show success in life? Is that not what we want for our country? Someone that has the gonads to make hard decisions, who has experience in managing well? Someone that actually knows what it is like out in the business world dealing with budgets, etc. Does our country not need someone that knows how that works, and can make it work? As a country can we continue the out of control spending that has been going on for decades?

"So Michelle Obama says she came from nothing? Fraser Robinson, Michelle’s dad, was a pump operator at the Chicago city water plant. Back in the 70′s he was earning a salary of about $50,000 a year. That’s equivalent to $282,000 today when you adjust for inflation. Michelle’s mother, Marian Robinson, was a secretary at the Spiegel’s catalog store. So no, Michelle Obama didn’t come from a rich family, but she sure as hell didn’t come from a struggling family like she wants you to believe."

If wages were TRULY adjusted for inflation the minimum wage would be well over $10/hr, and poverty wouldn't be increasing, but we don't live in a perfect world or a country.

Your source is not independent and is far right/radical. This makes it credible how?

The Robinsons grew up on the upper floor of a house built in the Twenties. Number 7436 South Euclid Avenue (check it out in google maps or look up Mrs O: The truth about Michelle Obama's 'working class' credentials, to see the actual house, since I am new and can't post links.
Indeed, according to family friends, Michelle's father was a volunteer organiser for the city's Democratic Party, a by-word for machine politics in America, and his loyalty was rewarded with a well-paid engineering job at Chicago's water plant. Even before overtime, he earned $42,686 - 25 per cent more than High School teachers at the time.
Michelle's mother stayed at home and devoted her energies to her and her older brother Craig. Marian Robinson nurtured great ambitions for both her children, along with the traditional values which are now serving Michelle so well."
On another note, Mitt Romney gave away all his inheritance. Notice the media pretty much ignores that.
And why in the world does it matter who had what growing up as long as they show success in life? Is that not what we want for our country? Someone that has the gonads to make hard decisions, who has experience in managing well? Someone that actually knows what it is like out in the business world dealing with budgets, etc. Does our country not need someone that knows how that works, and can make it work? As a country can we continue the out of control spending that has been going on for decades?

Please learn how to use the quote function.

That is not my quote.

I would like to second what you have written....re: the fact that Michelle's father was a precinct captain for the Democrat Party....and, his income, combined with his wife's would place them in what Obama defines as wealthy.

The reason that the above is important, is that an earlier post claimed that the Robinson's 'earned' their money while Romney did not.

Clearly, this is not the case.

What are you asking??

I've found that DH's regularly talk around an issue, rather than confront posted facts....and can never refute same.

DH, designated half-wits.

Would that apply to you?

Go ahead, raise your paw.

Please learn how to use the quote function.

That is not my quote.

I apologize, being new I am not allowed to include any url's for my first 15 posts , it seems, even if they are within other quotes, thus I must have messed up, trying to remove them.

This struggles argument is bullshit. Everyone, rich or poor has struggles.

The Bush's lost their 4 year old little girl to cancer. So all the money or healthcare in the world can't stop struggles

Forum List

Back