Facebook Removes trump Post

It is a shame that we have to censor a President because he peddles in lies and misinformation. The presidency will unfortunately never be the same after Trump.
It’s a shame we have a ‘president’ so reckless and irresponsible, so dishonest and willing to lie that social media platforms must remove Trump’s ridiculous lies and misinformation.

What's worse is that his lies will cause more deaths.

What's worse is that his lies will cause more deaths.
I believe more people will die if we don't get the economy going again... I wish there was a way I could prove that. But I can't.

Think of it this way... America is just FULL of consumers. Greedy, selfish, gimmy gimmy kind of people. Other people even in poor third world countries make goods and sell them to us. They are also out of jobs until we get back to that.

Have a heart... Help those poor souls. Promote getting the economy going again... Think the of the children won't you?

It's good that Facebook is at least keeping the health of our nation as a priority. I'm glad someone is putting their foot down. Finally.

It's irresponsible for trump to lie about the virus.

Children aren't "almost" immune to the virus. That's just a flat out lie that will get more people killed.

You celebrating censorship is no surprise to me.

Trash

It's good that Facebook is at least keeping the health of our nation as a priority. I'm glad someone is putting their foot down. Finally.

Children aren't "almost" immune to the virus. That's just a flat out lie that will get more people killed.

Ummm wouldn't it be fairer to just allow the post to clarify the word "Almost" in it's context, so as to not show campaign bias spoken of in the recent Washington inquiry? This is clearly payback from Facebook or staff members of Facebook.
4alk5f.jpg

Illegal sensorship. defund Facebook NOW!!!

Why can't they just do as they're told?

When a troll is banned from USMB, is that also "illegal censorship"?

When a troll is banned from USMB, is that also "illegal censorship"?
No.

*ponders*

If the president can't speak to the people, is he president? I'm not suggesting anything here... Just a thought experiment. First thought as I try to work this out. People who control information, rather than report it... Freedom of press... But at the same time, if they are not acting within the good faith in which they hold that power....................

*contemplates*

This sucks.

Seeing that Dems did an about face on reopening schools due to people informing themselves about Trump's amazing true claim about children being virtually immune, I'd see Trump baited and slam dunked you commie punks once again.

Troll on, prez. You sure as fuck ain't nothin else going on.

Seeing that Dems did an about face on reopening schools due to people informing themselves about Trump's amazing true claim about children being virtually immune, I'd see Trump baited and slam dunked you commie punks once again.
That claim was not actually true. We don't know how well kids do or don't spread the virus, first off. There has been one tiny study, so obviously we need more information.

Second, the study was done in a place where the virus was much less prevalent than it is here in the US. Due to our abject failure in containing the virus, US children will have many more opportunities to catch and transmit the virus. An event can be rare, and yet happen all the time, if there are enough opportunities for the rare event to happen.

Facebook, Twitter, etc... can't prevent the president from speaking to the people. Should they be forced to help him?
A single one can't. I was doing an all media thought process. It's not what is happening, but I like to to do "what if's" sometimes.

Forced to help him? That's an odd statement. Is allowing the president on your platform helping him? If they want to ban him I'm all for it. I think that would be a stupid thing to do, but... I also think it's stupid to delete anything he says as well. I think it's dumber to delete something he says than outright banning him honestly.

Forced to help him? That's an odd statement. Is allowing the president on your platform helping him?
That's a matter of individual opinion. Clearly trump thinks it helps. And wants to post whatever he likes.

No, a law saying they can't ban him or remove his postings would be "forcing them". One could also argue that using executive power on other ways to weaken/attack them is a form of "forcing", through leverage and a form of extortion. Which is precisely what trump has done.

Ok, can you post the statistics of the fatality RATE of children vs healthy rate with COVID?

Trump's claim was that children are "almost immune". Immunity and fatality rate are not the same thing. In fact, the low fatality rate among children is exactly what makes it so dangerous to send them back to school. They can catch, and spread it to grandma, with no symptoms whatsoever.

I know you're a partisan "warrior" and you're required to leap into action if your dear leader is challenged, but please try to pay attention. If you can.
We have to go back to work. I know it sucks that it WILL kill some people. But we have to get our economy going again... Otherwise... What are we as a nation?

Sure, I get that. But it has nothing to do with Trump's lie.
Sooo, you consider a death rate high of kids of less than 1% to be considered more than almost immune?
Lefties have to. They support the deaths of half of unborn Americans. What would they say if they really cared?

Forced to help him? That's an odd statement. Is allowing the president on your platform helping him?
That's a matter of individual opinion. Clearly trump thinks it helps. And wants to post whatever he likes.

No, a law saying they can't ban him or remove his postings would be "forcing them". One could also argue that using executive power on other ways to weaken/attack them is a form of "forcing", through leverage and a form of extortion. Which is precisely what trump has done.
What if a publicly traded company couldn't ban anyone that wasn't breaking the law?

We know suppression of free speech is something you don't mind.

What if a publicly traded company couldn't ban anyone that wasn't breaking the law?

Same thing, as far as I see. Why shouldn't publicly trade companies be allowed to 'ban' people? (assuming that just means refusing to do business with them).

Forum List

Back