Expanded playoffs proposed as a "cure" for low ratings for the College Football Championship.

And the two or three teams vying for the championship never played each other. It was not decided on the field.
The logic there is severely flawed. Cincinnati didn’t play Georgia this year. Michigan didn’t play Alabama this year. Guess you can’t count the National Championship, right?

I was speaking in favor of an expanded playoff before this season even started. It is not because of one loss.
You seem to be confused thinking that I was basing any of this off of you. I assure you, I’ve been saying this stuff for more than 5 years now.

It’s actually mostly Ohio State fans who have done the most crying. They lose, they get eliminated, and then they cry for an expanded playoffs so they can have more chances.

Like I said…we’ve had the greatest playoff system from the very beginning. The entire regular season was one large playoff. Lose and you’re done. Doesn’t get any better than that.

You seem to be confused thinking that I was basing any of this off of you. I assure you, I’ve been saying this stuff for more than 5 years now.

It’s actually mostly Ohio State fans who have done the most crying. They lose, they get eliminated, and then they cry for an expanded playoffs so they can have more chances.

Like I said…we’ve had the greatest playoff system from the very beginning. The entire regular season was one large playoff. Lose and you’re done. Doesn’t get any better than that.

And if you have more than one unbeaten team...what then? How do you decide who is better?

The logic there is severely flawed. Cincinnati didn’t play Georgia this year. Michigan didn’t play Alabama this year. Guess you can’t count the National Championship, right?

But at least we had the teams playing in some sort of tournament. How many team sports have no tournament to determine the champion? Basketball, baseball, hockey and the rest all have tournaments.

But at least we had the teams playing in some sort of tournament. How many team sports have no tournament to determine the champion? Basketball, baseball, hockey and the rest all have tournaments.
Now let’s break this down “logically”. Basketball (NBA) plays best-of-seven. Baseball (MLB) plays best-of-seven. Hockey (NHL) plays best-of-seven.

Guess what Chief. The NFL does not play best-of-seven in the playoffs or the Super Bowl. See, football is a totally different beast. If you want basketball, baseball, or hockey, go watch those sports.

Furthermore, as I previously pointed out, College Football had a tournament. It was the biggest and longest tournament in all of sports. It was called “the regular season” and every game counted.

And if you have more than one unbeaten team...what then? How do you decide who is better?
Uh…with your eyes. If you can’t look at two teams and tell who is better, something is wrong.

I mean, one game, sure that’s hard to tell. But if you watched 2 teams play 12 times (plus a 13th in a bowl game) and you can’t tell who is better, something is really wrong.

Now let’s break this down “logically”. Basketball (NBA) plays best-of-seven. Baseball (MLB) plays best-of-seven. Hockey (NHL) plays best-of-seven.

Guess what Chief. The NFL does not play best-of-seven in the playoffs or the Super Bowl. See, football is a totally different beast. If you want basketball, baseball, or hockey, go watch those sports.

Furthermore, as I previously pointed out, College Football had a tournament. It was the biggest and longest tournament in all of sports. It was called “the regular season” and every game counted.
WTF are you talking about. I don’t think you understand what a playoff system is. I’m fart I don’t think it. I know it.

And yes, the season was taxing because of covid.
You’ve also got Netflix, Hulu, and Prime.

It’s not that College Football is less popular, it’s that there are other things for people to watch.

Ratings are also a poor indicator of how popular something is, particularly given the fact that viewers can watch events on media not reflected in ratings.

It’s not that College Football is less popular, it’s that there are other things for people to watch.
Hahahahahahahaha!!! Holy fucking shit. If you loved college football, you wouldn’t skip it to watch Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. :lmao:

Which literally proves it is less popular thanks to the idiocy.

God damn, every time CCJ opens mouth, something so profoundly stupid comes out, it’s hard to believe it happened.

Uh…with your eyes. If you can’t look at two teams and tell who is better, something is wrong.

I mean, one game, sure that’s hard to tell. But if you watched 2 teams play 12 times (plus a 13th in a bowl game) and you can’t tell who is better, something is really wrong.
My eyes tell me Biden is a better president than Trump. So that settles it right?

Ratings are also a poor indicator of how popular something is, particularly given the fact that viewers can watch events on media not reflected in ratings.

That is probably true but I also think the season is too long. I don't mean the # of games...I mean the season. Between the SEC championship and the Cincy game...27 days without playing for Alabama. Or put another way---27 days between games that mattered (same calculation more or less for Cincy, Michigan and Georgia). The Pinstripe bowl isn't going to keep anyone's attention...

The point of going to College is to get an education; not play football. But if we're going to ignore that fact for the better part of 4 months, why do we get so touchy about it and say that the kids have to study for finals in December (if that is the reason for the 4 weeks of dead space on the schedule)?

If I don't have anything other than a rooting interest in the outcome...I lose interest.

My eyes tell me Biden is a better president than Trump. So that settles it right?
Except that you know that you’re lying (and so do we). :laugh:

Every metric shows that President Trump was by far the superior President:
  • Record-low unemployment
  • Record market-highs
  • Secured border
  • Defeated ISIS
  • Made US #1 in the world in oil production
  • Lower taxes
  • Increased wealth across the US and across all classes
And on and on and on. Literally unprecedented prosperity. Thankfully the AP voters had infinitely more integrity than you do!

If I don't have anything other than a rooting interest in the outcome...I lose interest.
But that is just you. Some of us (some) are football fanatics who will watch any game at any time with genuine exuberance.

Which is what makes CCJ’s post so absurd. Actual football fans aren’t skipping football because they now have the “option” of Hulu :rolleyes:

Except that you know that you’re lying (and so do we). :laugh:

Every metric shows that President Trump was by far the superior President:
  • Record-low unemployment
  • Record market-highs
  • Secured border
  • Defeated ISIS
  • Made US #1 in the world in oil production
  • Lower taxes
  • Increased wealth across the US and across all classes
And on and on and on. Literally unprecedented prosperity. Thankfully the AP voters had infinitely more integrity than you do!
Biden is a superior man to the blob and a superior President.... so I guess that settles it.

This is why we have elections...or do you want to get rid of them too? Trump did.

Biden is a superior man to the blob
Even if that were true (and even you know it’s not), that’s irrelevant to the conversation. We were talking about their performance in a job (ie President).

And in that capacity, every single metric overwhelmingly shows President Trump as superior and Crazy Uncle Joe as a catastrophic failure.

Even COVID!! Joe even had the fucking advantage of the “vaccine” and has DOUBLE the deaths (400,000) of Trump (200,000). 🎤 drop! :laugh:

Biden is…a superior President.

This is why we have elections...
As usual, you make zero fucking sense. :eusa_doh:

See, the election came before Joe Biden served a single solitary minute as President. So how the fuck do you figure that Biden being the “superior President” is “why we have elections”?

Absolutely nobody could possibly know how he would perform. He was elected because the left is a bunch of welfare queens looking for handouts from the government. Democrats buy votes by promising those handouts.

Cool, right?
Not cool

you seem to look at college football the same way university presidents and TV executives see it - just a cash cow that is worth nothing if it does not make billions of dollars for the schools, networks and advertisers

but that is very shortsighted

college football us about tradition and love

22 million viewers is ok with me and I dont see why we need more

Last edited:

Forum List

Back