Zone1 Excuse me?

Black Americans are like 13% of the populace, if we want to be fair and representative, fine. But all I get in the media is negros represented as if they are the majority and I am supposed to pretend that isn't happening?
Negros?

Listen olde white cracker…

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
It’s showing that liberals are making selections based on skin color, which of course is racist. But if we point that out, liberals call US racist.

The clear message is that it is OK to discriminate by race, as long as it it to the benefit of blacks and detriment of whites.
Why do you think it is liberals making these choices? Advertising companies and the businesses they work for do so and they base on their market research and the demographics they are trying to attract. Just as a thought…the more Black peop,e move up into the middle class, the consumer power they have. They represent a large untapped potential to attract. It isn’t discrimination unless you believe everything must represent exact racial proportions when it comes to Blacks and Whites.

If we’re talking about commercials and the like, yeah, who cares?

It’s not really about the talent of the actors. Lots of good black actors out there, obviously

My only issue is when classic white characters (superheroes, Disney characters, reboots, etc) are suddenly recast as people of color for no apparent reason

The double standard bugs me. If Marvel recast Falcon as a white guy or if Disney recast The Princess and the Frog movie with whites, people would lose their shit

Create new black characters instead of race changing preexisting white ones
Why do you have a problem with fictional characters recast as people of color? There is no double standard. Black characters were made because whites weren't incuding blacks as characters. Except things like the tar baby. So what if Superman is black? Do you know what a person from krypton really looks lie? And why can't spider man be black? Why can't a black person take the stuff that made him have spider like qualities? Batman? A man who is like a bat? Why can't a black woman be Catwoman or Batgirl? What about Wonder Woman? How do you now that there weren't any black Amazons on that island?

I can see you arguing about this if a black person plays George Wadhington or something, but a fictional character? C'mon!

Why do you think it is liberals making these choices? Advertising companies and the businesses they work for do so and they base on their market research and the demographics they are trying to attract. Just as a thought…the more Black peop,e move up into the middle class, the consumer power they have. They represent a large untapped potential to attract. It isn’t discrimination unless you believe everything must represent exact racial proportions when it comes to Blacks and Whites.
Check this out Coyote.

Blacks Watch More TV Than Any Other Group, Nielsen Says​

African Americans consume more TV than any other ethnic group, according to a new report released by Nielsen Media Research.

According to data collected in November, African Americans led all ethnic groups with seven hours, 12 minutes of television consumed each day, according to blackvoices.com. The U.S. average of TV consumption is five hours, 11 minutes daily,

You have hit the nail on the head. Since blacks watch the most TV, it stands to reason that more blacks will be shown in commercials by companies trying to sell products.

And for decades blacks were underrepresented in media.

So, now, if the media is overcorrecting a little, it’s pretty hypocritical to get your pantries in a bunch

Why? You just made the arguement that if it doesn’t effect you then it shouldn’t matter.
On the other hand, why do you care?

Does seeing a disproportionately large number of black folks in commercials really affect you?
Then what is the significance of white being over represented? It doesn’t matter Right? Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Why do you have a problem with fictional characters recast as people of color? There is no double standard. Black characters were made because whites weren't incuding blacks as characters. Except things like the tar baby. So what if Superman is black? Do you know what a person from krypton really looks lie? And why can't spider man be black? Why can't a black person take the stuff that made him have spider like qualities? Batman? A man who is like a bat? Why can't a black woman be Catwoman or Batgirl? What about Wonder Woman? How do you now that there weren't any black Amazons on that island?

I can see you arguing about this if a black person plays George Wadhington or something, but a fictional character? C'mon!

Im surprised they haven’t yet made the full multi-cultural version of the founding of this country. You know, where African Americans genocide the LGBT Native Americans at the behest of the evil white Overlords.
FCD01E49-B053-4AE0-8EB1-61A6445C558B.jpeg

“In the changed post COVID-19 business landscape, global market for Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) estimated at US$9.4 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$24.3 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 12.6% over the analysis period 2022-2030.”

Why? You just made the arguement that if it doesn’t effect you then it shouldn’t matter.

Then what is the significance of white being over represented? It doesn’t matter Right? Don’t get your panties in a bunch.
I don’t see anyone starting threads about white people being over represented

It’s always a certain group here complaining about blacks and gays in the media

I don’t see anyone starting threads about white people being over represented
You have never heard of diversity, equity and inclusion? It’s a pretty big thing at this point. Really weird you’ve never heard of it,

This.

I don’t understand why it should matter. There are some roles where race would matter, but these aren’t them.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
This.

I don’t understand why it should matter. There are some roles where race would matter, but these aren’t them.
Yes. I understood the outcry about Hamilton. Alexander Hamilton was not black, therefore a black person should not play Hamilton. But Batman? He's fiction. Therefore he had no real race.

Yes. I understood the outcry about Hamilton. Alexander Hamilton was not black, therefore a black person should not play Hamilton. But Batman? He's fiction. Therefore he had no real race.
what point is there in making Batman black?

I think it’s insulting to black people. It’s like saying black people are incapable of producing iconic characters of their own and have to appropriate white ones.

I think it’s insulting to black people. It’s like saying black people are incapable of producing iconic characters of their own and have to appropriate white ones.
Don't try that crap. That trifling shit gets old coming from whites considering just how much whites have taken from us and claimed as their own in regards to things like this. Batman was fiction, so he could be any race.

Well, his costume is black after all.....

Still, might be hard to pull off the whole Bruce Wayne thing.

Greatest black superhero of all time is the Black Hornet. Black Panther was a fascist who ruled over a strict ethno-state that was protected by a giant wall. Thats the real reason these liberals loved him.

And for decades blacks were underrepresented in media.

So, now, if the media is overcorrecting a little, it’s pretty hypocritical to get your pantries in a bunch
And now they're egregiously overrepresented.
Negros?

Listen olde white cracker…
You rang, shitbird? What you got to say to my cracker ass, boy?

I don't say "negro", I say "black people". Because that's how it is.

When you hear "cracker"? I'm the one they're talking about. I AM the cracker.

What you wanna do about it, boy?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back