Excellent

Affirmative Action has become a code word used by racists to claim reverse discrimination. It is not used commonly and has been replaced by legal decisions called consent decrees, agreements which support an effort to recruit a diverse work force which represents the demographics of the community (town, city, county, parish, local subdivisions of those and the States).

Critics of consent decrees argue that the courts gave too much power to the protected classes. They contend that these conditions imposed on local and state governments usurp the power of the states.

I wonder how many White Males would feel if their community had only black police officers?

Consent degrees...

Janitor became custodian

garbage man became sanitation engineer

etc, etc

change the name all you want, it's still the same thing

Consent degrees...

Janitor became custodian

garbage man became sanitation engineer

etc, etc

change the name all you want, it's still the same thing

Bullshit.

There are no imposed quota on the number of women or minorities the employing agencies are required to meet. The agreement is all about fairness and the moral principle of equal rights and equal opportunity to all American Citizens.

Affirmative Action has become a code word used by racists to claim reverse discrimination. It is not used commonly and has been replaced by legal decisions called consent decrees, agreements which support an effort to recruit a diverse work force which represents the demographics of the community (town, city, county, parish, local subdivisions of those and the States).

Critics of consent decrees argue that the courts gave too much power to the protected classes. They contend that these conditions imposed on local and state governments usurp the power of the states.

I wonder how many White Males would feel if their community had only black police officers?

Positions should be on merit and not because of the colour of someone's skin, handing positions out based on the criteria of someone's skin colour is racist.

This Affirmative Action situation is a racist and discriminating programme, it deliberately awards people positions because of the colour of their skin and nothing else.

Affirmative Action is twenty years overdue for disposal.

Protected classes are unconstitutional.

Positions should be on merit and not because of the colour of someone's skin, handing positions out based on the criteria of someone's skin colour is racist.

This Affirmative Action situation is a racist and discriminating programme, it deliberately awards people positions because of the colour of their skin and nothing else.

A little background on the issue of AA might provide some perspective:

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke

So you are advocating that people should not be awarded positions on merit, they should just be handed things because of the colour of their skin.

Why would you support such a blatantly racist and discriminating programme? Why do Blacks need helping up a ladder like this programme helps them? Without Affirmative Action are you saying that Blacks wouldn't be able to achieve anything solely on merit?

So you are advocating that people should not be awarded positions on merit, they should just be handed things because of the colour of their skin.

Why would you support such a blatantly racist and discriminating programme? Why do Blacks need helping up a ladder like this programme helps them? Without Affirmative Action are you saying that Blacks wouldn't be able to achieve anything solely on merit?

That is not what I wrote or what I believe, and it's pretty clear you didn't read the link or understand it. Your premise in the first paragraph is untrue, and in the second a clear example of a Straw Man logical fallacy.

One of my many jobs was to manage the recruitment and background checks of prospective LEO's. In that capacity I had the responsibility to make the final decision as to who would advance in the process and who would not. Color, race, ethnicity, religion had zero influence on my decision, since most were weeded out before I saw them and before their first interview (Written applications have a tear off section asking their race / ethnicity which remained with HR and I did not see, nor did my staff).

On average, of the 100 apps received, only three made it to the streets, and even then they were on Probation for a full 12 months. As part of the consent decree I did speak on High School and Jr. college campuses on a career in Law Enforcement and encouraged women and colored men and women how important it is for those they would encounter - victims, witnesses and suspects - who looked like them.

That is not what I wrote or what I believe, and it's pretty clear you didn't read the link or understand it. Your premise in the first paragraph is untrue, and in the second a clear example of a Straw Man logical fallacy.

One of my many jobs was to manage the recruitment and background checks of prospective LEO's. In that capacity I had the responsibility to make the final decision as to who would advance in the process and who would not. Color, race, ethnicity, religion had zero influence on my decision, since most were weeded out before I saw them and before their first interview (Written applications have a tear off section asking their race / ethnicity which remained with HR and I did not see, nor did my staff).

On average, of the 100 apps received, only three made it to the streets, and even then they were on Probation for a full 12 months. As part of the consent decree I did speak on High School and Jr. college campuses on a career in Law Enforcement and encouraged women and colored men and women how important it is for those they would encounter - victims, witnesses and suspects - who looked like them.

How about the NBA? That's pretty discriminatory towards whites, you know.

There is no link that I see.

"That is not what I wrote or what I believe, and it's pretty clear you didn't read the link or understand it."

There was no link for me to read.

There is no link that I see.

Somethings you have to research for yourself. Being a good liberal, here is a helping hand:

Regents of the Univ. of Cal. v. Bakke - Wikipedia

MQ's and meritocracy at work. It's why the short, white guys who can't jump don't make the cut.

The USSC has spoken on the issue, and will soon be faced with deciding on Sessions' effort to open a can of worms.

Q..Why?

A. Some suspect the AG is a racist.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/02/doj-to...g-to-fight-against-affirmative-action-report/

and,

Regents of the Univ. of Cal. v. Bakke - Wikipedia

and, " The court's decision in the 2013 case of Fisher v. University of Texas made alterations to the standards by which courts must judge affirmative action programs, but continued to permit race to be taken into consideration in university admissions, while forbidding outright quotas."

Bullshit. And it's time whites stopped pretending that what they have they got on merit. For most of the 241 years pf this nation non whites were excluded. Not that non whites got 70 percent of the jobs but could not get 75. This is what whites are calling discrimination and it's not.

Whites have been protected for 241 years.

Whites have been protected for 241 years.

So now what, huh?

Open race war?

The NBA has open tryouts.

Forum List

Back