Ex-Supreme Court Justice Wants to Ban Semi-Automatic Weapons-What Is a Semi-Automatic Weapon?

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
John Paul Stevens in a NYT editorial advocated the banning of not assault rifles but semi-automatic weapons.

So can we define a what a semi automatic weapon is because as far I know and since I am not a gun owner and really don’t know guns, aren’t most hand guns semi-automatic?

So this to me sounds like a ban on most guns, is this correct?

I have been for more control and better background checks but I see the left wanting to ban guns all together and I am seeing the right wing being rightfully cautious.

John Paul Stevens in a NYT editorial advocated the banning of not assault rifles but semi-automatic weapons.

So can we define a what a semi automatic weapon is because as far I know and since I am not a gun owner and really don’t know guns, aren’t most hand guns semi-automatic?

I have been for more control and better background checks but I see the left wanting to ban guns all together and I am seeing the right wing being rightfully cautious.
A semi -automatic is any gun where you have to repeatedly pull the trigger to fire a round. Yes this would apply to most all guns from hand guns to semi-automatic rifles including the AR-15 which despite what so many say is not an assault rifle or an automatic weapon as an automatic weapon is one where you pull the trigger and it fires until the magazine is empty and you have reload or you release the trigger.

You are correct, it does mean most guns.

A revolver or single shot rifle means you need to put a new round (bullet) in a chamber before you can fire. A revolver does that automatically by revolving the rounds you put in it.

A semi-automatic means the rounds load themselves. When you squeeze the trigger, a round goes off and a new one is automatically put into the chamber.

All the proof you need to know that morons get appointed to the Supreme Court. Sometimes even by Republicans.

ar-15-stands-for-armalite-rifle-design-15-designed-in-1957-27424771.png

For a long time I have thought those on the right that claimed the left was coming for our guns were exaggerating, now I apologize because this is exactly what the left would like to do.

Here is what liberals want baned.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

Introduced in February...

February 26, 2018

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Semi-auto rifles and shotguns would be a very large part of the firearms used for hunting deer and ducks. Browning, Remington, and Benelli to name a few.

For a long time I have thought those on the right that claimed the left was coming for our guns were exaggerating, now I apologize because this is exactly what the left would like to do.

Democrats are like terrorists in a way. They are very patient people; they use incrementalism.

They are totally aware that our gun rights are protected by the Constitution, so they seek ways to sneak around that document.

So now, their complaints are about bump stocks, AR's and like, and high capacity magazines. Instead of going after all guns, they are trying to confiscate guns little by little.

First it's the AR. Next it will be all semi-automatic handguns. Then high capacity magazines. Then revolvers that hold more than five rounds.

sounds like he is advocating that Full autos and other military weapons are protected a protected class of firearms

Semi-auto rifles and shotguns would be a very large part of the firearms used for hunting deer and ducks. Browning, Remington, and Benelli to name a few.
I don't give a flying fuck about hunters. I hunt, so do not misconstrue my post. I care about the 2nd Amendment and the reason it was passed.

I don't give a flying fuck about hunters. I hunt, so do not misconstrue my post. I care about the 2nd Amendment and the reason it was passed.

Personally, I'm not much of a hunter either. But the moderate Democrat Elmer Fudd types need to know that the gun-grabbers are not going to stop with ARs and AKs. Their ultimate goal is a complete disarmament of every type of firearm, even down to the single-shot .410 shotguns.

Personally, I'm not much of a hunter either. But the moderate Democrat Elmer Fudd types need to know that the gun-grabbers are not going to stop with ARs and AKs. Their ultimate goal is a complete disarmament of every type of firearm, even down to the single-shot .410 shotguns.

I agree with you, that is the far left’s intention and they need to be exposed as the liars they are.

Good thing I lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident.

When you get right down to it, when the 2nd amendment was written the weapons in private homes were exactly the same as those used in the military. Just banning automatic weapons was the start of the erosion of the rights under the amendment.

When you get right down to it, when the 2nd amendment was written the weapons in private homes were exactly the same as those used in the military. Just banning automatic weapons was the start of the erosion of the rights under the amendment.
Repeat it loud and clear!

Forum List

Back