EV's are starting to cost more to recharge than filling up an ICE vehicle

The bipartisan infrastructure bill passed by the Senate last month would allocate more than $4 billion for plugging and remediating abandoned oil wells.

Who does the government pay for plugging and remediating abandoned oil wells??? They pay our tax money to the big oil companies who caused the disaster!
Costs to decommission oil wells, oil rigs etc.. is suffered by the oil companies operating those, which is added to the cost of oil. Then, as these costs go through the accounts, it dries up any tax revenue the government expected to get.

This is why Sturgeon (Scottish bint) bleated on about North Sea Oil and Gas revenue, but the decommissioning means little to no tax revenue, much to her ignorance.

Last edited:
Oh I just believe it's good ol capitalism at work. They are sort of behind the curve though. The politicians figured out a long time ago they were losing money on their gas tax so they increased use taxes on EVs and econo cars.

LOL....I just can't believe the EV rubes thought they were gonna be special in that regard. Someone has to pay for those charging stations and it should not be the taxpayer, it should be the user.....Every red cent of it.

Anyway, anyone paying 60K+ for a EV can afford the charge cost and should be glad to help "save the planet".....Am I right? ;)

The United States is worst of all ... the cost of being richer than you ...

The UK is no bigger than an American State, the difference is Rich American States help their Poor brethren ... the UK stands idly by and watches the Poor States be brutalized and raped ... California helps Alabama, UK laughs at Bessarabia ... evil bastards ...
Size is irrelevant because the figures are per capita.

I heard in the news a few months ago that it was only 1p per mile cheaper to charge an EV compared to fuelling up your ICE vehicle. This depended on which charging point you used. Looks like that this has now flipped, depending on how you charge, circumstances etc.. an EV costs more to recharge than refueling an ICE vehicle.

There are some interesting points in the article, but the pro-EVer's rhetoric is beginning to fall apart. They've always cost more to buy and they're beginning to cost more to recharge. Over a third can't charge a car at home and are therefore subjected to the higher charge point costs (if you can find one, and find one working). And road tax for an EV is on the way in 2025 for those EV's registered after 2017.

We've endured the EVer's rhetoric for a few years now, despite the warnings from the adults. "We told you so" is nearly upon us. And as we approach the 2030 deadline, EV's will burn your pocket in the name of trying to reduce your carbon footprint by 17% to 30% towards a cause that was going to wipe mankind out by the year 2000.

In England..

3d8mw1.jpg

~S~
Renewables produce more energy than coal and nuclear in the US.

According to figures from the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), 22% of all electricity by the end of 2022 came from hydro, wind and solar. That is higher than coal at 20 per cent and nuclear at 19 per cent.

Since 2019, solar and wind power have grown by 58 per cent in the US. Renewable sources provided 22 per cent of US electricity generation in 2022 and 24 per cent in 2023 as generation from natural gas declined from 38 per cent in 2022 to 36 per cent in 2023.

After peaking around a decade ago, coal has seen a gradual decline in its share of energy production. This is set to drop from 20 to 19 per cent, according to the EIA.

Yeah, the recharging business model has some built in shortcomings.

It makes sense why they went that way but it looks more and more like the swap out model is a better path forward.

Costs to decommission oil wells, oil rigs etc.. is suffered by the oil companies operating those, which is added to the cost of oil. Then, as these costs go through the accounts, it dries up any tax revenue the government expected to get.

This is why Sturgeon (Scottish bint) bleated on about North Sea Oil and Gas revenue, but the decommissioning means little to no tax revenue, much to her ignorance.
BS - Texas has unlimited homestead exemption shield against bankruptcy liquidation. They borrow from all 50 states to drill oil wells, steal all the revenue, declare bankruptcy, keep all their wealth & force taxpayers to clean up their toxic mess.

Oil consumption per capita. The USA 29,119 kWh, the UK 10,305 kWh.

Looks like the USA are nearly 3 times as fossil fuel filthy than the UK, bozo.
That’s because we don’t live in each other’s back pockets. Many American states are larger than the entire UK. There was a Top Gear episode where Jeremy drove from the southern most point of the UK to the northernmost is less than a day. From Lands End to John o’Groats in less than fifteen hours. For nearly ten years I had a round trip commute of one hundred twenty miles. Ninety minutes on a good day, nearly eight hours on the worst day which was when Southern California had a snow storm.

Last edited:
That’s because we don’t live in each other’s back pockets. Many American states are larger than the entire UK. There was a Top Gear episode where Jeremy drove from the southern most point of the UK to the northernmost is less than a day. From Lands End to John o’Groats in less than fifteen hours. For nearly ten years I had a round trip commute of one hundred twenty miles. Ninety minutes on a good day, nearly eight hours on the worst day which was when Southern California had a snow storm.
Your post is just a pile of randomness. Doesn't matter how one or the other justify's oil consumption per capita, the Yanks consume nearly 3 times that of the Limey's.

I did, it was just a pile of randomness compared to oil consumption.
No it isn't, we use more oil because we travel much further distances than Europeans or Asians. If you compare New York City to say, London, Paris or Berlin, I'd bet per capita consumption would be almost identical. They are European style cities.

This back and forth debate about EV’s verses ICE’s does give folks here something to talk about and I am not here to spoil the fun but facts are facts & there is nothing you or I can do to change it.

At the rate the world is consuming fossil fuels known reserves will be burned up and gone within 40+/- years.

The question remaining is what do we do next-?
By a bicycle perhaps.

:)-

No it isn't, we use more oil because we travel much further distances than Europeans or Asians. If you compare New York City to say, London, Paris or Berlin, I'd bet per capita consumption would be almost identical. They are European style cities.
The conversation in question was that the UK is filthy with oil, but the US is nearly 3 times filthy-er, yet that American poster feels the UK is filthy with oil. Can you see how that American is retarded?

This back and forth debate about EV’s verses ICE’s does give folks here something to talk about and I am not here to spoil the fun but facts are facts & there is nothing you or I can do to change it.

At the rate the world is consuming fossil fuels known reserves will be burned up and gone within 40+/- years.

The question remaining is what do we do next-?
By a bicycle perhaps.

Well, according to the doomsters, oil has been drying up every year over many decades, yet, here we are.

Well, according to the doomsters, oil has been drying up every year over many decades, yet, here we are.
Here is a bit of news about China that you seem to be unaware of-----

China's latest energy megaprojects show that coal is really on the way out
Leanna Garfield - May. 9, 2018
"....To improve the country's air quality, the Chinese government vows to spend at least $360 billion on clean energy projects and create 13 million new renewable energy jobs by 2020.

China's latest energy megaprojects — two giant solar farms in Anhui, one of which will go online in May —

In late 2017, the country built a massive floating solar farm on top of a former coal mine

China is already one of the world's biggest investors in alternative energy
sources like solar, wind, and hydropower.

China is one of the biggest countries to make a significant move Away from coal. Last year, the country Cancelled 104 new coal plants that were in development across 13 provinces.*

China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars

China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars

China to ban all petrol and diesel cars

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020

Here is a bit of news about China that you seem to be unaware of-----

Leanna Garfield - May. 9, 2018
"....To improve the country's air quality, the Chinese government vows to spend at least $360 billion on clean energy projects and create 13 million new renewable energy jobs by 2020.

China's latest energy megaprojects — two giant solar farms in Anhui, one of which will go online in May —

In late 2017, the country built a massive floating solar farm on top of a former coal mine

China is already one of the world's biggest investors in alternative energy
sources like solar, wind, and hydropower.

China is one of the biggest countries to make a significant move Away from coal. Last year, the country Cancelled 104 new coal plants that were in development across 13 provinces.*

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020

What's that to do with oil?

What's that to do with oil?
It has everything to do with oil.
China sees the writing on the wall.

China has more forethought than the USA does. They are getting off of oil for a good reason. Oil is finite and China intends on being around way after the last drop of oil has been sucked up and burned.

It has everything to do with oil.
China sees the writing on the wall.

China has more forethought than the USA does. They are getting off of oil for a good reason. Oil is finite and China intends on being around way after the last drop of oil has been sucked up and burned.
Ok, thank you for your weird thought process.

Forum List

Back