Evidence for Evolution

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
There are a couple resident creationists posting on this board.

They often make the blanket statement that there is NO evidence supporting the Theory of Evolution.

Now, I don't care what their personal beliefs are. They can believe in Santa Claus for all I care.

But I'm not going to let them claim there is NO evidence for the Theory of Evolution. If there was NO evidence for evolution, it couldn't have become the entire framework for biological science.

Here's what the evidence is summarized in a nutshell written by people with more credentials than me.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Last edited:

They often make the blanket statement that there is NO evidence supporting the Theory of Evolution.

Now, I don't care what their personal beliefs are. They can believe in Santa Claus for all I care.

But I'm not going to let them claim there is NO evidence for the Theory of Evolution. If there was NO evidence for evolution, it couldn't become the entire framework for biological science.

Here's what the evidence is summarized in a nutshell written by people with more credentials than me.

Which is the reason you do not understand what you are reading and cannot figure out that this is not evidence of speciation. :rolleyes:

But I'm not going to let them claim there is NO evidence for the Theory of Evolution. If there was NO evidence for evolution, it couldn't become the entire framework for biological science.

Which is the reason you do not understand what you are reading and cannot figure out that this is not evidence of speciation. :rolleyes:

I didn't claim info from this link showed evidence of speciation.

But this link did.

Observed Instances of Speciation

And I explained their findings in a simple sentence that even you could understand--New species could no longer produce offspring with parent species, resulting in speciation.

You were the one who failed to understand it.

Smiliefailitis is clearly evidence of Evolution.

He-She-It is the long elusive Missing Link between apes and humans. What a scientific breakthrough!

The TalkOrigins website has a good article here:
The Origin of Whales and the Power of Independent Evidence

The article reiterates one of the stereotypical creationist challenges to the fossil record. In this case, there’s a comment from Duh’wayne Gish.

“One of the favorite anti-evolutionist challenges to the existence of transitional fossils is the supposed lack of transitional forms in the evolution of the whales. Duane Gish of the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) regularly trots out the "bossie-to-blowhole" transition to ridicule the idea that whales could have evolved from terrestrial, hooved ancestors.”

There simply are no transitional forms in the fossil record between the marine mammals and their supposed land mammal ancestors . . . It is quite entertaining, starting with cows, pigs, or buffaloes, to attempt to visualize what the intermediates may have looked life. Starting with a cow, one could even imagine one line of descent which prematurely became extinct, due to what might be called an “udder failure” (Gish 1985: 78-9).

BTW, It is fascinating to notice that creationists make much of the way our understanding of our own ancestry has been adjusted over time to accommodate new fossil evidence. And yet, they never seem to notice that if creationism were true, there shouldn't be any of that fossil evidence to require accommodation.

Once again the theist is going to be obligated to do a lot of speculative special pleadings to account for the anomalies...
Fossils Reveal Truth About Darwin's Theory | LiveScience

Is it possible that the gods have played a cruel joke on creationists?

Smiliefailitis is clearly evidence of Evolution.

He-She-It is the long elusive Missing Link between apes and humans. What a scientific breakthrough!

Smilodonfatalis said:
Hi, you have received -41 reputation points from Smilodonfatalis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
The title of an an article might be a clue what it\'s about. Duh!

Regards,
Smilodonfatalis

Note: This is an automated message.

He can't do math. That's for sure. But he will be getting a lesson in a bit.

But I'm not going to let them claim there is NO evidence for the Theory of Evolution. If there was NO evidence for evolution, it couldn't have become the entire framework for biological science.

We may complain about freezing temperatures, but most cold snaps leave us little worse for the wear. That’s not the case for a common lizard living on the Texas-Mexico border, which, in just the span of a few months, underwent a dramatic genetic transformation in response to cold weather. In fact—in one of the most detailed examples of rapid evolution to date—a new study shows that just one cold snap can change the way green anoles’ muscular and nervous systems respond to temperature.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/cold-snap-makes-lizards-evolve-just-few-months

If we know what we're searching for, we'll find it every time.

I'm starting to think that things as intelligent as us may be very rare. Just because of all of the things that had to happen to lead to this planet harboring life. And if dinosaurs never disappeared the smartest thing on this planet could be a dolphin or crow.

So I think if you found 1000 planets with life on them some would have single cell life, some only aquatic life, some with dinosaurs and some planets so bizarre we can't even imagine.

Do I think there is smarter than us? Yes.

Have they visited? I hope so.

Will we one day visit them? I hope so. We have to try.

They say we are a way for the universe to know itself. That's our purpose

I'm starting to think that things as intelligent as us may be very rare. Just because of all of the things that had to happen to lead to this planet harboring life. And if dinosaurs never disappeared the smartest thing on this planet could be a dolphin or crow.

So I think if you found 1000 planets with life on them some would have single cell life, some only aquatic life, some with dinosaurs and some planets so bizarre we can't even imagine.

Do I think there is smarter than us? Yes.

Have they visited? I hope so.

Will we one day visit them? I hope so. We have to try.

They say we are a way for the universe to know itself. That's our purpose

For all we know, we could be denizens in someone else's pasture. It'll be fun to find out either way.

We may complain about freezing temperatures, but most cold snaps leave us little worse for the wear. That’s not the case for a common lizard living on the Texas-Mexico border, which, in just the span of a few months, underwent a dramatic genetic transformation in response to cold weather. In fact—in one of the most detailed examples of rapid evolution to date—a new study shows that just one cold snap can change the way green anoles’ muscular and nervous systems respond to temperature.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/cold-snap-makes-lizards-evolve-just-few-months

Naw, that's just proof that god works fast.

There is no reason to doubt the Theory Of Evolution.

And no reason to believe it either.

A theory is just a theory.

A law (in science) is just a theory too.

There is a mountain of evidence as to why it is scientific fact. Most who don't think this true are too lazy to climb.

Naw, that's just proof that god works fast.
I was in church today. My mom's one year anniversary since she passed. What a joke religion is but who am I to take that away from people.

I look at it this way. If there's a creator I don't mind giving thanks to it creating a universe that led to me being here. I feel extremely lucky. But I don't buy any organized religion. Just being honest. God would know I'm faking it

Remember it's a SCIENTIFIC Theory. IT's not just "my car was broken into. I have no idea who did it but my theory is it was my Ex".

It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. For example heliocentric theory states the earth travels around the sun. Based on star mapping, etc etc.. We are constantly re-defining exactly earth's position so it's not a law, but it's strong enough to be a scientific theory.

Or the theory of gravity. Sure science is still unsure of a few things to do with it. But we know that it works, we can make predictions based on it (IE on the moon based on it's mass gravity will be X), etc.

Or the theory of plate tectonics (earth isn't solid but sits on individual plates), or cell theory (life is composed of cells). Still not 100% done with the study to make those laws.

That's where Evolution is. If you believe the theory that microorganisms can cause illnesses (germ theory), this one is as believable.

Laws are usually formulas. They never change. Always the same. They don't give the why, or how something happens, just that something expected would always be the result. A non-formula law would be if you have matter, and don't add anything to it or take anything away it's mass will never change. (can't create something from nothing).

There is a mountain of evidence as to why it is scientific fact. Most who don't think this true are too lazy to climb.

Also we're providing gadgets to the those lazy climbers. Strong ropes, ladders, security belts, helmet etc.. They just refusing to climbing. Evolution is a fact with unlimited evidence, records and fossils.

Then they'll deny micro evolution. In other words they may believe humans evolve but they also believe god poofed them into existence. So in other words they don't believe humans were apes first and fish before that.

Monkey's talk

Researchers: Bonobo Apes 'Talk' About Food

Forum List

Back