Every single day in America, an armed citizen prevents a violent crime.

Do you know the actual number of accidental gun deaths as compared to the actual number of legal gun uses annually?

an average of 492 people per year die of accidental gunshot.
Wait, so what you're saying is..

giphy.gif

More often than every single day in America, an armed citizen accidentally commits a violent crime!?

Once again, that's not what the data or common sense says. More guns = more gun violence (like accidental shootings) no matter whose hands the guns are in.

Since the mid 90's, gun crime and gun violence went on a decline until Ferguson. In that time people were still buying guns like they always have, even more.

What did change during that time is more states adopting CCW programs and legislation that favors the victim instead of the criminal. Not too long ago if I shot somebody breaking into my home, I would have to prove that I had no reasonable way to escape from my house. If I did have a reasonable way but chose to kill the SOB, I could be up for a manslaughter charge. Even if justified they'd still charge me but to my knowledge, no court has ever found anybody guilty of manslaughter in that situation. And even if justified, the person I shot or their family could still sue me.

That all changed. Our Castle Doctrine gives me the right to optionally use my gun to defend my home and family, plus they got rid of the liability issue.

Just compare all over the world and look at US crime figure breakdown compared to the rest of the world.

US is leading in firearm crimes in 1st world.
US is leading in murders in 1st world.
US is leading in successful/attempted suicides in 1st world.

There is many more...

This is a great one:
In 2020 (the most recent year with available data from the CDC), firearms were the number one cause of death for children ages 1-19 in the United States, taking the lives of 4,357 children.

Well fucking done Reaper, that last stat is non existent in other countries in the world. In US it is barely news...

So change your fucking headline to:

Every single day in America, over 11 kids a day are killed by firearm

Leaving out the fact that the US is the most diverse out of all first world countries. In the US, over 50% of our murders are committed by just 7% of our population which are black males.

Yes criminals don't worry about regulations because they are criminals. AND we have chosen not to enforce the gun laws we have on the books
In the UK, the police have to prove why you shouldn't have a shotgun. So your medical history is fine, you have a secure gun cabinet, your driving history is fine, your police record is fine. So there you go, own and shoot shot guns.

If you want a hand gun over a certain length and/or a rifle, then you have to prove to the police why you should own one. So go join a gun club. Fucking rocket science isn't it.

You using criminals as an excuse is the same as pro abortionists use rape as a "but but but" card. The percentage involved is tiny. Good try but you're gonna have to engage more than two braincells.

In the UK, the police have to prove why you shouldn't have a shotgun. So your medical history is fine, you have a secure gun cabinet, your driving history is fine, your police record is fine. So there you go, own and shoot shot guns.

That's WAYYYYYY to many restrictions on what should be a basic right

If you want a hand gun over a certain length and/or a rifle, then you have to prove to the police why you should own one. So go join a gun club. Fucking rocket science isn't it.

You using criminals as an excuse is the same as pro abortionists use rape as a "but but but" card. The percentage involved is tiny. Good try but you're gonna have to engage more than two braincells.

The problem is in our country politicians can't be trusted to determine who can own a gun or not. That's why our founders gave us that right in the US Constitution.

The people in charge now want every law abiding American disarmed. The President himself called every Trump voter a terrorist. This is what we have to deal with over here.

That's WAYYYYYY to many restrictions on what should be a basic right
No. I have a clean background, I am deemed suitable to have guns. I have had shotguns in the past, I now just hire them when needed. Am I scared of gun regulations? No, because I'm suitable to own guns. So what does gun regulations achieve? Well, it stops the police granting guns to those that are unsavoury to own guns. Can you see how it works!!! Not rocket science is it? You exclude the unsavoury type that a "free for all" 2nd Amendment gives the rights to idiots. You suffer from gun idiots and American gun nuts fight for them to have guns. What utter thick *****. Rhymes with hunts.

The problem is in our country politicians can't be trusted to determine who can own a gun or not. That's why our founders gave us that right in the US Constitution.

The people in charge now want every law abiding American disarmed. The President himself called every Trump voter a terrorist. This is what we have to deal with over here.
Politicians don't determine who owns guns in the UK.

Man apparently bangs on door of home yelling for help — then barges in. Homeowner shoots the man dead and won't be charged.

A homeowner in Lincoln Heights, Ohio, shot a man dead who apparently was banging on his door yelling for help Monday night and then barged in.
But the Hamilton County sheriff's office told WCPO-TV there won't be charges against the homeowner and that the state’s stand-your-ground law can be applied in the case.

TheReaper says: Guns are the great equalizer between victims and criminals. Democrats don't want you to own guns because an armed citizenry is the best defense against tyranny.
Oh my fucking God, your little pea shooter is not going to stop a government with armored vehicles and M-1 tanks. If the government wants your weapons, they will take them. Does Ruby Ridge mean anything to you?

NO, I didn't.

Neither did I, as there were none.

Good for you, so did I.
Never recall anyone in my orbit, getting shot either.

I think you need to brush up on your ESL classes.

I see you still don't understand the implications of the word "either". Words have meaning.

They make the regulations on who can own a handgun, don't they?
No, they vote on the law, the law is enacted. The law stipulates what constitutes a suitable type of gun and qualifications to own said type of gun. If you are of clean character, then you can own guns if you want. Any shotgun or firearm application is dealt with your local police station. All they can do is implement the law. If you are eligible, then own a gun.

It just stops/reduces the unsavoury type owning a gun. Yes, some will flout the law, but the majority don't. What that does is, it reduces gun stats and allows you to enjoy guns, because you're sensible.

On the weekend, I went clay shooting with a friend and my two sons. Fillef in a form, 50 cartridges each, hire the gun and tution and we enjoyed an hour and half of shooting. Do we need guns at home, in the high street, for self defence? Fuck no, those are just stupid reasons to mouth froth over guns at home and strut about with them.

Forum List

Back