Every single day in America, an armed citizen prevents a violent crime.

It's what the Democrats really want and are working towards it.
If so the numbers have shown them to be astoundingly incompetent at it, decade after decade. No worries. The NRA / gun manufacturing lobby will keep beating your fear-of-loss drums nonetheless. After all, peddling death and artificial division for profit is the American way.

If so the numbers have shown them to be astoundingly incompetent at it, decade after decade. No worries. The NRA / gun manufacturing lobby will keep beating your fear-of-loss drums nonetheless. After all, peddling death and artificial division for profit is the American way.

That's good, because that's what they are there for, to represent gun owners and people who believe in our Constitution. But out of everybody I know that owns a gun, I have yet to meet a person that states the only reason they bought one is because of the NRA. In fact nobody in my circle even belongs to the NRA. But I'll tell you what really ups gun sales and membership to the NRA, and that's when a commie gets in with all their anti-gun talk. I suggest you go to the Dementia Biden's website and read his agenda when it comes to guns.

That's good, because that's what they are there for, to represent gun owners and people who believe in our Constitution.
What happened? Somehow in your fascist hurry you conveniently, completely neglected to mention that poor "gun manufacturing lobby." Yes, never stop and think, Ray. Stay obsessed with the NRA and resplainin' your flaccid, old, apologetic shit. Gee, who do you suppose wrote all that crap first? Could it be the gun lobby? What? Don't blame you, you're just a willing pawn? Oh, don't worry about that. We know. We know!

What happened? Somehow in your fascist hurry you conveniently, completely neglected to mention that poor "gun manufacturing lobby." Yes, never stop and think, Ray. Stay obsessed with the NRA and resplainin' your flaccid, old, apologetic shit. Gee, who do you suppose wrote all that crap first? Could it be the gun lobby? What? Don't blame you, you're just a willing pawn? Oh, don't worry about that. We know. We know!

Yes, that's what people standing up for our constitutional rights are--pawns.

So how powerful is this gun lobby you speak of? Well since 1998 to present, the gun lobby (including the NRA) spent 171.9 million dollars. Before you open your calculator, that's less than 8 million a year. 8 million a year divided between all the candidates (including governors) across the entire country. In other words compared to other organizations, a pittance.

According to the BBC, only three million a year is spent lobbying by the NRA for gun rights.

So this lobby you speak of is not that powerful. More power comes from individual constituents than it does any gun lobby. We vote according to the firearms stance of any candidate.

Yeah, great. And the amount of crimes that are increased because of the guns.... the number of people who can't save someone getting murdered is 5 times higher, or more now, than in most other first world countries.

Kind of like driving a family off the cliff in a bus, and then congratulating yourself because you saved the dog.

100% of your examples is because of criminals. Not guns.

If we started treating criminals like criminals those dates would go down. Just like they were down in 20 years ago when crime wasn't tolerated.

Now you have cops afraid to arrest black criminals, cities like los Angeles where theft is acceptable and cities like Chicago where they can't pursue criminals that flee.

100% of your examples is because of criminals. Not guns.

If we started treating criminals like criminals those dates would go down. Just like they were down in 20 years ago when crime wasn't tolerated.

Now you have cops afraid to arrest black criminals, cities like los Angeles where theft is acceptable and cities like Chicago where they can't pursue criminals that flee.

Problem is that what you're saying simply isn't true.

Guns exacerbate problems. The politicians aren't doing what needs to be done to solve any of the problems.

"treating criminals like criminals" is the sort of nonsense people use when they have no ideas.

Yes, that's what people standing up for our constitutional rights are--pawns.

So how powerful is this gun lobby you speak of? Well since 1998 to present, the gun lobby (including the NRA) spent 171.9 million dollars. Before you open your calculator, that's less than 8 million a year. 8 million a year divided between all the candidates (including governors) across the entire country. In other words compared to other organizations, a pittance.

According to the BBC, only three million a year is spent lobbying by the NRA for gun rights.

So this lobby you speak of is not that powerful. More power comes from individual constituents than it does any gun lobby. We vote according to the firearms stance of any candidate.
So prove my point why don't ya? You're "obsessed with the NRA" and just keep "resplainin' your flaccid, old, apologetic shit." At least you know your limitations.

Still can't be bothered to mention the arms manufacturers nor even what your link made plain:
The NRA lobbies heavily against all forms of gun control and argues that more guns make the country safer.
It relies on, and staunchly defends, a disputed interpretation of the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, which it argues gives US citizens the rights to bear arms without any government oversight.
It's been exposed as a stupid, corrupt organization that both Parties criticized for its response to Sandy Hook. But, you just keep being you, Ray. Thoroughly unconcerned with the daily carnage.

Last edited:
So prove my point why don't ya? You're "obsessed with the NRA" and just keep "resplainin' your flaccid, old, apologetic shit." At least you know your limitations.

Wait a minute.......wait a minute. Who brought up the NRA in the first place? Why that would be you, and here's your post that started this gun lobby/NRA conversation:

So how is it I'm obsessed when I was only responding to your comment? If anybody is obsessed with the NRA, it's you!

violentcrime_fig1.jpg

Forum List

Back