Every Classroom Should Have Heavily Armed Teachers In It

It's obvious that you have never been in a school much less work in one as I do. By the way, grownups don't use that language.

What about what I said requires one to have worked in a school?

It saddens me that you work in an environment where children may look to you for protection, as it's clear you're not interested in protecting them.

I weep for the children in your charge.

Oh, and grown ups use that kind of language when dipshits like you put words in their mouths. Don't like it? I don't give a fuck. Try not putting words in my mouth and perchance you'll enjoy a different result...

I'd rather the chance of crossfire in a school than the promise of a massacre with an armed gunman vs hundreds of unarmed subjects.

What about what I said requires one to have worked in a school?

It saddens me that you work in an environment where children may look to you for protection, as it's clear you're not interested in protecting them.

I weep for the children in your charge.

Oh, and grown ups use that kind of language when dipshits like you put words in their mouths. Don't like it? I don't give a fuck. Try not putting words in my mouth and perchance you'll enjoy a different result...
There are many other protocols that are taken to minimize the threat. Arming teachers is ludicrous. It presents more of a danger than the armed intruder itself. Don't ever say that we do not have student protection in the forefront of our minds. We take it very seriously. The police are brought in on any occasion that there is a threat, even if it is kids talking big. Unfortunately, virtually all of these mass shootings can be prevented if the parents would intervene when they see troubled behavior in their children.

There are many other protocols that are taken to minimize the threat. Arming teachers is ludicrous. It presents more of a danger than the armed intruder itself.

Really? How so?

Sorry, but when I consider the 19 dead children in a school in Texas, I'm having a difficult time imagining how a teacher would create a more dire situation than that.

Please explain your comment...

Don't ever say that we do not have student protection in the forefront of our minds. We take it very seriously.

If you expect people to actually believe that you might try doing something which demonstrates that concern...

The police are brought in on any occasion that there is a threat, even if it is kids talking big. Unfortunately, virtually all of these mass shootings can be prevented if the parents would intervene when they see troubled behavior in their children.

Well, that certainly worked out for those victims in Texas, huh?

Really? How so?

Sorry, but when I consider the 19 dead children in a school in Texas, I'm having a difficult time imagining how a teacher would create a more dire situation than that.

Please explain your comment...

If you expect people to actually believe that you might try doing something which demonstrates that concern...

Well, that certainly worked out for those victims in Texas, huh?
The teacher at the school in ULvade left the door open. Pretty flipping mindless. Game over when the intruder can walk in.

We have four sets of locked doors between the outside and the students. The entire faculty and staff usher kids in and out of school each day otherwise doors are locked.

The teacher at the school in ULvade left the door open. Pretty flipping mindless. Game over when the intruder can walk in.

That doesn't answer my question.

You said that arming teachers presents more of a danger than the armed intruder itself. I asked you how that is. And you respond by telling me about a door that was propped open?

HOW DOES ARMING TEACHERS PRESENT MORE OF A DANGER?

Salvador Ramos killed 19 children. How would an armed teacher have made that worse? THAT'S the question.

We have four sets of locked doors between the outside and the students. The entire faculty and staff usher kids in and out of school each day otherwise doors are locked.

And?

Where do you "usher them in" from? Outside, perhaps? What happens when a shooter is outside and starts targeting those going through that first set of locked doors?

Look, I fully understand that there would be teachers who don't want to arm themselves. I have no problem with that at all. But when those teachers start insisting that willing teachers not be armed, then there's a problem. That's when you start giving people the impression that you really don't give a shit about protecting anyone.

Sorry, Trixie, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em...

There are many other protocols that are taken to minimize the threat. Arming teachers is ludicrous. It presents more of a danger than the armed intruder itself. Don't ever say that we do not have student protection in the forefront of our minds. We take it very seriously. The police are brought in on any occasion that there is a threat, even if it is kids talking big. Unfortunately, virtually all of these mass shootings can be prevented if the parents would intervene when they see troubled behavior in their children.
They were brought in on this threat and waited while the children were slaughtered...........And even so it takes time if they didn't rush in.

Training and arming some teachers who get some training...........If a WONDERFUL IDEA..........NO MAS SITTING DUCKS.

Offer a 30 thousand dollar stipend to a salary and you will get some volunteers. It only makes fiscal sense.

Just think: You might not have to do that if you were able to engage a shooter instead of cowering from him...

Yeah right. And the minute things go the least bit south we are blamed again. You think we can't see how this goes? Really? Please.

No, she didn't.

May 31 2022
Last week Colonel Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told a news conference that a door to the school was left ajar by the teacher who ran outside when she heard Salvador Ramos crash his truck.

“She saw the wreck. She ran back inside to get her phone to report the accident. She came back out while on the phone with 911. The men at the funeral home yelled, ‘He has a gun.’ She saw him jump the fence, and he had a gun so she ran back inside,”

She kicked the rock away when she went back in. She remembers pulling the door closed while telling 911 that he was shooting. She thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked.”

A law enforcement source told the newspaper that surveillance video confirmed that the teacher, who is not being named for safety reasons, removed the rock and closed the door.

“She slammed it shut.”

Yeah right. And the minute things go the least bit south we are blamed again. You think we can't see how this goes? Really? Please.
Would you rather be in a position to be able to stop a shooter, or does cowering in a corner hoping he doesn't kill you work for you?

Would you rather be in a position to be able to stop a shooter, or does cowering in a corner hoping he doesn't kill you work for you?

I have already come out in favor of at least some school personnel being armed.

I just find it incredible that conservative who think we are all abusers and groomers suddenly trust us with guns and ammo. It's all one LOLZ

No, she didn't.

May 31 2022
Last week Colonel Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told a news conference that a door to the school was left ajar by the teacher who ran outside when she heard Salvador Ramos crash his truck.

“She saw the wreck. She ran back inside to get her phone to report the accident. She came back out while on the phone with 911. The men at the funeral home yelled, ‘He has a gun.’ She saw him jump the fence, and he had a gun so she ran back inside,”

She kicked the rock away when she went back in. She remembers pulling the door closed while telling 911 that he was shooting. She thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked.”

A law enforcement source told the newspaper that surveillance video confirmed that the teacher, who is not being named for safety reasons, removed the rock and closed the door.

“She slammed it shut.”
The story keeps changing. I stand corrected if that is what happened. The point is the door was unlocked and the intruder got in immediately.

The story keeps changing. I stand corrected if that is what happened. The point is the door was unlocked and the intruder got in immediately.
YES, he did.
It was supposed to be self-locking, like this one.

1654083965978.png

I have already come out in favor of at least some school personnel being armed.

I just find it incredible that conservative who think we are all abusers and groomers suddenly trust us with guns and ammo. It's all one LOLZ
You continue the use of large brush. Personally its your choice on this about some being armed. In this current case the shooter busted in and said Goodnight and shot the teacher at point blank range. Id rather that teacher have a gun and say I dont think so and shoot him dead

Forum List

Back