Ever Since The Butler Went Deaf After A Hunting Accident (Gun Noise) We Have Had To Use

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Okay ever since the Butler went deaf after a hunting accident (gun noise), not totally deaf but partially deaf, this was late in 2017 it occur, but ever since then we have had to use one of the below to call him UNLESS he is within 2 feet of where we are:

1602453085330.png

1602453132683.png

1602453161554.png

When peoples have visited this house, the having to SHOUT through the above to get the Butler has been a form of amusement for those visiting and has reinforced the view that everything is slightly eccentric in the house - I usually blame this on Mr. Lucy being a Psychiatrist and tell everyone that ALL Psychiatrists are slightly eccentric.

So anyway today was a GREAT day as the Butler finally got an ear piece fitted and he can hear us from not only 2 feet away but he heard us calling him from approx 25 feet away and OVER the noise that various kidlets were making and so we can retire the above SHOUTING device, although we will still use it to round up the kidlets when they are hyper and we are attempting to get them to bed.

Okay ever since the Butler went deaf after a hunting accident (gun noise), not totally deaf but partially deaf, this was late in 2017 it occur, but ever since then we have had to use one of the below to call him UNLESS he is within 2 feet of where we are:

View attachment 400299

View attachment 400300

View attachment 400301

When peoples have visited this house, the having to SHOUT through the above to get the Butler has been a form of amusement for those visiting and has reinforced the view that everything is slightly eccentric in the house - I usually blame this on Mr. Lucy being a Psychiatrist and tell everyone that ALL Psychiatrists are slightly eccentric.

So anyway today was a GREAT day as the Butler finally got an ear piece fitted and he can hear us from not only 2 feet away but he heard us calling him from approx 25 feet away and OVER the noise that various kidlets were making and so we can retire the above SHOUTING device, although we will still use it to round up the kidlets when they are hyper and we are attempting to get them to bed.

I went to Petsmart and got a shock collar for my butler. Big mistake. She stared carrying a gun 24/7.

View attachment 400299

View attachment 400300

View attachment 400301

I went to Petsmart and got a shock collar for my butler. Big mistake. She stared carrying a gun 24/7.

yah, you rumpsters need to keep those who are below you in stature in their place.

Deaf is not fun. I went deaf Vietnam era with fighter jets. Right ear I can hear a little. left is gone. It's not just hearing loss but hearing DAMAGE. VA gave me hearing aides 16 years ago. All they did was amplify the distortion.

People need to give him a break, it's tough. Blind man has sunglasses a cane and people don't go "did you see that"??? With deaf it's not visible like a cane, and they don't listen even when you explain (who is deaf?) . Even if you let them know you are deaf, can only read lips they will still talk from 3 rooms away with their back to you, or when your next to a diesel tractor 100 yards away. Or docs you tell you can only read lips and instead of talking TO you they turn 100 degrees put their laptop on the sink and babble in Indian which I can't do any accent.

Now some do listen and help but very few. The look at me, talk slow, annunciate (which southerners don't usually do) Very nice of them. It's a suck thing being deaf.

Forum List

Back