Ever see 250 rounds of 30-06?

I threw these together this afternoon: 250 rounds of 7.62x63mm (30-06) loaded up to USGI match specifications. It's a 175 grain FMJ Spitzer boat tail bullet behind a 58 grain compressed load of Reloader 19 powder, that chronographed at 2650 fps, out of a sporterized WW1-era P-1917 Enfield. These rounds through that rifle consistently shoots 1" groups at 100 yards from a sandbag rest, and 4" groups at 400 yards. Probably could do better with a newer rifle, as this one has some erosion in the throat. Good enough for picking off Chinese invaders if the shit hits the fan.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

Oops. I was half-drunk when I took that picture. :auiqs.jpg:
What about the other half?

I threw these together this afternoon: 250 rounds of 7.62x63mm (30-06) loaded up to USGI match specifications. It's a 175 grain FMJ Spitzer boat tail bullet behind a 58 grain compressed load of Reloader 19 powder, that chronographed at 2650 fps, out of a sporterized WW1-era P-1917 Enfield. These rounds through that rifle consistently shoots 1" groups at 100 yards from a sandbag rest, and 4" groups at 400 yards. Probably could do better with a newer rifle, as this one has some erosion in the throat. Good enough for picking off Chinese invaders if the shit hits the fan.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274

Excellent, sir. Do carry on. Myself? I am currently caught front and center in a torrential love affair between Beowulf (12.7x42mm) and Grendel (6.5x38mm). I am addicted to the ARX .50 rounds, a blend of copper and polymer, with 200 grain slugs running just over 2500 feet per second. Grendel, on the other hand, spits out my handloaded 90 grain rounds at around 2900 feet per second. On another note I recently handloaded a "few" rounds for my inherited 7.92x57mm Mauser.
My Son and his Beowulf

Attachments

• 12509356_1166512650042825_3293390305470869009_n (1).jpg
    12509356_1166512650042825_3293390305470869009_n (1).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 53

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

The other half is in the living room watching Dead Pool II.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

Hey Galt, give me an opinion. Am I going to be forced to take up reloading, to shoot AR I am building, or will 5.56 ammo become readily available again in a few months?

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274

Putting your ammo in the picture with the American Flag in the background was a nice touch. If the Commie Chink Cocksuckers come over here and try to take over I am confident you'll turn them into Won ton. Either take out or delivery.

God Bless and carry on. :salute:

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

Hey Galt, give me an opinion. Am I going to be forced to take up reloading, to shoot AR I am building, or will 5.56 ammo become readily available again in a few months?

I'm seeing more 5.56mm lately, but primers still seem to be scarce locally. The price of them went up stupidly the last couple months, but the price of primers seems to be coming down on gunbroker.

That should be enough to hold off the evil government when they come around to drag you off to the gulag.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

I'm seeing more 5.56mm lately, but primers still seem to be scarce locally. The price of them went up stupidly the last couple months, but the price of primers seems to be coming down on gunbroker.
Took a brief look around the net last night after viewing your post and posting my question. Kinda spooky. Never seen it like this. Local outlets all with bare shelves. Internet showing almost everything in back-order status, some inviting new orders to get on waiting lists, others wanting you to click to be notified when available. Not too anxious to be on anybody's lists for bulk sales and prefer to buy in person, to tell the truth. I almost never have more than a few hundred rounds of anything, as not really a prepper, just enjoy keeping my skills. Some said price will never go back down, but availability will be back, while others did not even sound optimistic about ready availability over the next year. Never really considered reloading before, but thinking of exploring the option.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

Took a brief look around the net last night after viewing your post and posting my question. Kinda spooky. Never seen it like this. Local outlets all with bare shelves. Internet showing almost everything in back-order status, some inviting new orders to get on waiting lists, others wanting you to click to be notified when available. Not too anxious to be on anybody's lists for bulk sales and prefer to buy in person, to tell the truth. I almost never have more than a few hundred rounds of anything, as not really a prepper, just enjoy keeping my skills. Some said price will never go back down, but availability will be back, while others did not even sound optimistic about ready availability over the next year. Never really considered reloading before, but thinking of exploring the option.

A basic set of reloading equipment doesn't really cost that much. Alot of what I have came from garage sales and gun shows: A single-stage RCBS press, an RCBS case trimmer, a powder scales, some dies, and a case-tumbler. I use an RCBS electronic scale and electronic powder dispenser that I bought for $80 awhile back, for working up loads. But once that load is established, I just throw the charges with an old RCBS Uniflow powder dispenser that dumps the charges out plus or minus two-tenths of a grain. As long as you're not working up to the extreme in pressure, the powder charges don't have to be exact.

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
your flags backwards,,

A basic set of reloading equipment doesn't really cost that much. Alot of what I have came from garage sales and gun shows: A single-stage RCBS press, an RCBS case trimmer, a powder scales, some dies, and a case-tumbler. I use an RCBS electronic scale and electronic powder dispenser that I bought for $80 awhile back, for working up loads. But once that load is established, I just throw the charges with an old RCBS Uniflow powder dispenser that dumps the charges out plus or minus two-tenths of a grain. As long as you're not working up to the extreme in pressure, the powder charges don't have to be exact.
Thanks for the expanded reply. Know it wasn't the intent of your thread. I just do not know anybody in my local acquaintances that are doing to, to ask. Will discuss with son and brother-n-law. Son is a weapons enthusiast. Brother-n-law and I are considered annul (or assholes depending on who you talk to, though we come by it honest) about anything we put our hands to. Might be a productive hobby.

Probably got all the guns, ammo and reloading supplies I need. In the unlikely event I should need more I expect there will be plenty of it lying on the ground.

Oh yes, many many cans of 30 ball :)

Those look good. My deer rifle would love them, Garand likes the ball.

Now I wish I had a Garand. Or maybe one of those commercial versions of the BAR.

Somebody loan me $8500.

OHIO ORDNANCE WORKS, INC 1918A3 BAR SELF LOADING RIFLE .30-06 - NEW - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 887914609

My Garand is a Dec 1954, H&R matching numbers, never issued. Very nice Garand.

Would love a BAR, full auto of course.

Ever see Ad Toepperwien do the shoot with a BAR? Browning was in the audience. They tossed $20 gold pieces over the sea and he single tapped them. Then they tossed 20 of them sideways and he hit those. I believe he missed 1 of 40

ZL034pR.jpg
R7TioDp.jpg

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
Lee? RCBS?

View attachment 435268

View attachment 435269

View attachment 435270

View attachment 435271

View attachment 435273

View attachment 435274
Lee? RCBS?

RCBS.

Forum List

Back