Even with Volatile Stock Market, Personal Retirement Accounts Are Better, Safer than Social Security

SS should be an option. Its good for some who do not know how to plan their financials and allows them a small pittance after they retire. Overall, its just a ponzi scheme. You can't pass your own earned money on to anyone else besides your spouse.
It is nothing like a Ponzi scheme. There is no one at the top getting rich until it collapses.

Yes, it is. Everyone is forced in against their will. Also, you may want to rethink that since its govt at the top that fleeces and steals from that cookie jar.

SS should be an option. Its good for some who do not know how to plan their financials and allows them a small pittance after they retire. Overall, its just a ponzi scheme. You can't pass your own earned money on to anyone else besides your spouse.
It is nothing like a Ponzi scheme. There is no one at the top getting rich until it collapses.

Who ever said that was a criteria for a Ponzi scheme?

Another DOA OP. In the Market you can lose nothing. In SS that only happens if the program is dissolved and since it is the most successful program in the history of the US, the third-rail of politics, that's not gonna happen until the US is no more.

If Social Securities obligations become larger than the government's ability to pay, then a lot if retirees are not going to be getting any checks, and that point is approaching swiftly.
They won't. It ain't gonna happen Chicken Little.
Right. And we should believe you because?
Because unlike you, they and I can do math.

Apparently not.

Whoa yah, I think I'll let that blogger take care of my savings. Not.

The Cato institute is not a blogger. Furthermore, with an IRA you take care your savings yourself.

yeah, elderly people are capable of that ... furthermore, you're full of crap.

Plenty of elderly people I know are capable of that. How much brains does it take to leave your money invested in a S&P 500 spyder?
The market is not for the little people, and was never meant to be since they take in in the shorts, buying high and selling low. The only money anyone should have in the market is money they can afford to lose, period.

Ponzi.

The Cato institute is not a blogger. Furthermore, with an IRA you take care your savings yourself.

Plenty of elderly people I know are capable of that. How much brains does it take to leave your money invested in a S&P 500 spyder?
The market is not for the little people, and was never meant to be since they take in in the shorts, buying high and selling low. The only money anyone should have in the market is money they can afford to lose, period.

Strange, my father made a killing in the stock market.

Another DOA OP. In the Market you can lose nothing. In SS that only happens if the program is dissolved and since it is the most successful program in the history of the US, the third-rail of politics, that's not gonna happen until the US is no more.

If Social Securities obligations become larger than the government's ability to pay, then a lot if retirees are not going to be getting any checks, and that point is approaching swiftly.

Apparently not.
They, they know the numbers while you obviously do not.

Ponzi.

Huh, no.

The lying government has spent every last dime of my Social Security contributions on other crap even the extra money they forced me to pay into the system, and I'm supposed to believe the stock market is riskier?
Social Security is a Pay As You Go system, not a Savings Account. You were OPM for others and when you retire you will be living on OPM. Your money never was.

Another name for that is "Ponzi scheme."

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

your mental shortfall, not so much.

Apparently not.

Apparently not. Read the chart I posted. What part of that says "paying off will be no problem?"

Hopefully only with money he can afford to lose. When it's going up, it's a ride. When it's going down is a screw. Most people, the vast majority, have no business in the market. Mostly what they do is make rich men richer.

The lying government has spent every last dime of my Social Security contributions on other crap even the extra money they forced me to pay into the system, and I'm supposed to believe the stock market is riskier?
Social Security is a Pay As You Go system, not a Savings Account. You were OPM for others and when you retire you will be living on OPM. Your money never was.

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.

Hopefully only with money he can afford to lose. When it's going up, it's a ride. When it's going down is a screw. Most people, the vast majority, have no business in the market. Mostly what they do is make rich men richer.

Then they can buy corporate bonds or even U.S. treasuries.

Apparently not.

Apparently not. Read the chart I posted. What part of that says "paying off will be no problem?"
The part that says all you have to do is move the money around. Raise the tax, means-test, raise the retirement age, problem solved.

I've got a renewed faith in my fellow man after viewing today's threads. Especially this one. Faith that, in large part, my fellow man isn't intellectually capable of competing with me....or my kids....in the new economy. As long as so many dupes are hanging around....my livelihood is guaranteed.

I'm convinced that if the shit were to hit the proverbial fan, I'd be able to talk a dummy like the OP out of everything he owns in a matter of minutes. That fucker will believe anything.

Yes, corporate bonds never fail? Oh wait, they do.

Maybe.....but we do know that wall street doesn't force you to buy into anything unlike the federal govt.

Yes, corporate bonds never fail? Oh wait, they do.

Are you forced to buy them?

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.
Social Security can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen. Now you know.

Apparently not.

The part that says all you have to do is move the money around. Raise the tax, means-test, raise the retirement age, problem solved.

Yeah, just raise taxes. How did I know that was going to be your solution. Fuck your kids and your grand kids. Have them working like borrowed mules for 16 hours a day to pay off the debt you ran up.

What a great Christian you are! What a humanitarian!

Forum List

Back