Even with Volatile Stock Market, Personal Retirement Accounts Are Better, Safer than Social Security

The market is not for the little people, and was never meant to be since they take in in the shorts, buying high and selling low. The only money anyone should have in the market is money they can afford to lose, period.

Strange, my father made a killing in the stock market.
Hopefully only with money he can afford to lose. When it's going up, it's a ride. When it's going down is a screw. Most people, the vast majority, have no business in the market. Mostly what they do is make rich men richer.

Then they can buy corporate bonds or even U.S. treasuries.
Yes, corporate bonds never fail? Oh wait, they do.

Are you forced to buy them?
Nope, and neither should anyone be forced.

The lying government has spent every last dime of my Social Security contributions on other crap even the extra money they forced me to pay into the system, and I'm supposed to believe the stock market is riskier?
Social Security is a Pay As You Go system, not a Savings Account. You were OPM for others and when you retire you will be living on OPM. Your money never was.

Another name for that is "Ponzi scheme."

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

your mental shortfall, not so much.

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.
Social Security can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen. Now you know.

If a private corporation did that, all the officers would go to prison.

Hopefully only with money he can afford to lose. When it's going up, it's a ride. When it's going down is a screw. Most people, the vast majority, have no business in the market. Mostly what they do is make rich men richer.

Then why should they be forced to participate in Social Security?

Because unlike you, they and I can do math.

Apparently not.
They, they know the numbers while you obviously do not.

Apparently not. Read the chart I posted. What part of that says "paying off will be no problem?"
The part that says all you have to do is move the money around. Raise the tax, means-test, raise the retirement age, problem solved.

Yeah, just raise taxes. How did I know that was going to be your solution. Fuck your kids and your grand kids. Have them working like borrowed mules for 16 hours a day to pay off the debt you ran up.

What a great Christian you are! What a humanitarian!
I'm not a Christian and they were fucked generations ago, by your side no less, who sold off their future and refused to pay the bills.

Social Security is a Pay As You Go system, not a Savings Account. You were OPM for others and when you retire you will be living on OPM. Your money never was.

a Ponzi scheme has a short lifetime because it can't be fixed, There are at least a dozen ways to solve the SS shortfall ..

You mean you aren't allowed to change the terms of the deal with a private contract, but government can change the terms any time it wants and thereby screw you over.
Social Security can be ended as it began, with the stroke of a pen. Now you know.

Not at all. Corporations fail daily, and takes their investors cash with them. Capitalism is designed to produce many, many failures, and a few giant success. That's why normal people shouldn't be investors in anything but their homes, small businesses, and kids.

Plenty of elderly people I know are capable of that. How much brains does it take to leave your money invested in a S&P 500 spyder?
The market is not for the little people, and was never meant to be since they take in in the shorts, buying high and selling low. The only money anyone should have in the market is money they can afford to lose, period.

Well that's why you only buy one kind of bond like the Social Security administration does. . . . . no, wait, that's exactly what you don't do!

Apparently not.

Apparently not. Read the chart I posted. What part of that says "paying off will be no problem?"
The part that says all you have to do is move the money around. Raise the tax, means-test, raise the retirement age, problem solved.

Yeah, just raise taxes. How did I know that was going to be your solution. Fuck your kids and your grand kids. Have them working like borrowed mules for 16 hours a day to pay off the debt you ran up.

I'm not a Christian and they were fucked generations ago, by your side no less, who sold off their future and refused to pay the bills.

If you're not a Christian, then why are you always invoking the name of Jesus?

It's that thing known as Society, that you reject. They pay for others until others pay for them. Nice eh?

I couldn't agree more.....but you have no problem with the federal govt forcing people to pay into something.

If you're not a Christian, then why are you always invoking the name of Jesus?
Because Americans are Christians, but they don't act like it.

Not at all. Corporations fail daily, and takes their investors cash with them. Capitalism is designed to produce many, many failures, and a few giant success. That's why normal people shouldn't be investors in anything but their homes, small businesses, and kids.

I'll just quit arguing with you on this point because you're too full of shit for words to describe.

I couldn't agree more.....but you have no problem with the federal govt forcing people to pay into something.
Nope. Not when it benefits society.

I'll just quit arguing with you on this point because you're too full of shit for words to describe.
You'll quit arguing because you've lost and have never understood capitalism. Very few do.

It's that thing known as Society, that you reject. They pay for others until others pay for them. Nice eh?

No one has explained how the existence of society authorizes to the government to take money from your paycheck to provide a retirement for people you don't know or possibly don't even like.

Nope. Not when it benefits society.

But it really doesn't since you can't pass it on to loved ones other than your own spouse.

You'll quit arguing because you've lost and have never understood capitalism. Very few do.

No, I've been down this road a hundred times already. I'm tired of responding to this idiocy.

No one has explained how the existence of society authorizes to the government to take money from your paycheck to provide a retirement for people you don't know or possibly don't even like.

He likes the collective unit only when it suits him.

It's the Social Contract you were born to. It comes with the Citizenship. It's been explained to you numerous times, you just can't understand.

No, I've been down this road a hundred times already. I'm tired of responding to this idiocy.
The only idiot is the one who thinks he understand capitalism, and like you has no fucking clue.

It's the Social Contract you were born to. It comes with the Citizenship. It's been explained to you numerous times, you just can't understand.

The social contract is a myth. Everything you said is pure bullshit.

Forum List

Back