Even the strongest blue wave will crash against a strong force in politics: extreme gerrymandering

Gerrymandering essentially cheats the system and allows people to stay in power when they probably wouldn't be in power if districts were drawn in a way that's not completely ludicrous. I personally support fair and realistic representation of the people.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Opinion | America’s Warped Elections

the Republicans will gain 10 seats in the Senate and lose a couple of seats in the House. that's all. keep calm, we got this!

You do know that gerrymandering can't influence Senate elections, right?

yes. but the polls show the GOP doing well and can gain 10 seats easily. Heitkamp's vulnerable, Stabenow's vulnerable, everyone's vulnerable.

Ah. So then there's no "blue wave" at all. Republicans are just winning outright. Glad we cleared that up.

• Banned

the Republicans will gain 10 seats in the Senate and lose a couple of seats in the House. that's all. keep calm, we got this!

yes. but the polls show the GOP doing well and can gain 10 seats easily. Heitkamp's vulnerable, Stabenow's vulnerable, everyone's vulnerable.

Ah. So then there's no "blue wave" at all. Republicans are just winning outright. Glad we cleared that up.

there will be no Democrats left by the time Trump is done in 2024. not a single Democrat will be in office.

• Banned

Democrats would need to win the popular vote by 11 points to retake the House

good luck with that Stormy!

Democrats would need to win the popular vote by 11 points to retake the House

good luck with that Stormy!

But according to you they're losing in the popularity area. So it has nothing to do with gerrymandering, and there is in fact no blue wave. This entire thread was based on a lie.

Where else but USMB would some klown start a thread actually boasting about cheating.

My outside temp on this cold day is already higher than the OP IQ.

Regardless of who it's helping the use of it is bullshit. It's blatant circumvention of democracy.
Oh, I agree. It's just that the people currently bitching about it are motherfucking hypocrites, while the people who bitched about it for decades are also hypocrites who are now using it.

I believe districting should be done by computer analysis of the population, on a state-by-state basis, with all information being open to the public, and district lines being disclosed for 1 year prior to redrawing.

Where else but USMB would some klown start a thread actually boasting about cheating.

It may be unfair, but it's not cheating. Until the rules change, it's legal. Otherwise, Democrats cheated for decades.

There is no way the Republicans will pick up 10 seats in the Senate. Michigan is gone. There is no evidence that challengers are gaining ground in Pennsylvania, Montana, or Florida. The Democrats hold 3 tossup seats in ND, Missouri and Indiana. Republicans hold 3 tossup seats in Arizona, Nevada and Tennessee.

They are going to lose more than a few House seats. Any district that contains suburbs is problematic as it was in Pennsylvania 18. That is why Republicans are retiring. It is not inconceivable that they could pick up a seat or two in Texas.

McCaskill is gone. Gun control is the last nail in her political coffin. Say hello to Senator Hawley...

Josh Hawley for Senate

It may be unfair, but it's not cheating. Until the rules change, it's legal. Otherwise, Democrats cheated for decades.

"It may be unfair but it's not cheating" :lmao:

"It may be cancer but it's not diphtheria".
"Your car may be wrecked but it's not totaled".
"He's dead but he's no longer sick"

Can't make this place up.

Tell ya what Gomer --- if you need "rules" to tell you when you're "cheating" .... you already are.

Oh, and a Tu Quoque finish, as if that's somehow an 'argument'. Nice touch.

"It may be unfair but it's not cheating" :lmao:

"It may be cancer but it's not diphtheria".
"Your car may be wrecked but it's not totaled".
"He's dead but he's no longer sick"

Can't make this place up.

Tell ya what Gomer --- if you need "rules" to tell you when you're "cheating" .... you already are.

Oh, and a Tu Quoque finish, as if that's somehow an 'argument'. Nice touch.
Oh, go fuck a dead goat. Democrats cheated for decades. Excuse us all if we give not one single fuck when their own bullshit is used against them.

I think it's funny to watch all the crying. It's no less than the Democrats deserve.

Cry bitches.

Regardless of who it's helping the use of it is bullshit. It's blatant circumvention of democracy.
Oh, I agree. It's just that the people currently bitching about it are motherfucking hypocrites, while the people who bitched about it for decades are also hypocrites who are now using it.

I believe districting should be done by computer analysis of the population, on a state-by-state basis, with all information being open to the public, and district lines being disclosed for 1 year prior to redrawing.

Dem gerrymandering GOOD, Rep gerrymandering BAD typical Dem BS.

Forum List

Back