Evangelicals Think The World Is Supposed To End Today.....Again

I don’t think people who are evangelicals are just people who believed the rapture was coming today either… We are in agreement!
Yes you do

“I think my exact words were “evangelical believers” meaning those who believed the rapture was coming today.”

An evangelical who believes isn’t just someone who thought the rapture is coming today.

Yes you do

“I think my exact words were “evangelical believers” meaning those who believed the rapture was coming today.”

An evangelical who believes isn’t just someone who thought the rapture is coming today.
In the context of how I responded to the OP. Yes

Apparently, trending on all of the social media platforms is the almost annual belief that the rapture is coming...this time, it is supposed to occur at 6:36 pm Israel time, which is 11:36 am eastern standard time....I wouldn't cancel any lunch plans if I were you......my question is, why do evangelicals keep doing this? Over and over again they having these predictions about the end of the world -- in fact, 95% of the reason they love Israel so much is based on their end-times fantasies and the need for Israel to be destroyed so Jesus can return and force Jews to convert or burn in hell...real festive stuff...and these are the people right-wingers try to pander to?

The world will probably end some day. We may not live to see it.

Yes you do

The rapture ready evangelicals are victims of Hal Lindsey and the Scofield charlatans.

The world will probably end some day. We may not live to see it.
Well, the sun will eventually expand and obliterate all of the inner planets. Millions and millions of years from now.

Worrying about that makes about as much sense as worrying about a made-up rapture that will never happen.

Apparently, trending on all of the social media platforms is the almost annual belief that the rapture is coming...this time, it is supposed to occur at 6:36 pm Israel time, which is 11:36 am eastern standard time....I wouldn't cancel any lunch plans if I were you......my question is, why do evangelicals keep doing this? Over and over again they having these predictions about the end of the world -- in fact, 95% of the reason they love Israel so much is based on their end-times fantasies and the need for Israel to be destroyed so Jesus can return and force Jews to convert or burn in hell...real festive stuff...and these are the people right-wingers try to pander to?

they didn't pay attention...

“But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

Enough of them for it to be a thing

Are you saying that there isn't a SIGNIFICANT PORTION of evangelicals who don't preach end times bullshit?

"The LifeWay poll found that 80 percent of evangelicals believed that the creation of Israel in 1948 was a fulfillment of biblical prophecy that would bring about Christ’s return. The LifeWay poll also asked evangelical respondents what factors contribute to their support for the state of Israel. More than half of evangelicals said that was a reason they supported Israel’s existence."

Now replace that "evangelicals" with Muslims and their religious belief that Israel must be destroyed for their "savior" to return....and I guarantee you that you won't be saying "but not all Muslims believe that"
Yup, “evangelicals” are apologists for Fake Israel and believe our fate is tied to them.

Forum List

Back