Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates

Evangelicals cheapen heterosexuality by playing dominance games between the sexes. There is nothing that destroys a healthy relationship more than power-tripping and the worship of genitalia, which is what they preach openly in their cults.
I knew some that sexually abused their children. Or rather, I knew their children.

The girl later turned out to be a stripper or something like that, boy became gay.

Not sure if the parents were born-again before abusing their children, but maybe they were.

Evidently you are unfamiliar with orders of reaction.

The skewing here is caused by comparison of only the demise of marriages, and not the demise of all long term relationships. Since evangelicals believe in marriage over cohabitation, it stands to reason that they would marry at a higher rate. If you want to see if evangelical beliefs lead to termination of relationships in general, you would have to include all relationships instead of just marriage, because the other groups you are using for comparison don't marry in the same numbers.
Evangelicals, in the regard you are speaking of, are cheapening Marriage and taking the obviously dumber approach...hence the higher divorce rate.

I doubt the have changed their views much on Marriage in the past 60 years or so, while other religious groups (and non religious) have married at lower rates over the same time.

Thus if you want a true comparison, you would probably have to figure out the average length of a marriage that ends in divorce, and then add in cohabitations that last as long as that to the base numbers. Then you would have an accurate analysis to see if evangelical beliefs are responsible for relationships terminating as opposed to their higher rate of marriage translating to a higher rate of divorce.
cohabitation is irrelevant because it's not the same thing as marriage

to compare marriages, we dont use cohabitation.

you want to change the subject to relationships in general...and there's a reason for that. it's because evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.

nobody is talking about the sanctity of cohabitation

we are talking about the institution of marriage.

in other words, you're deflecting because you have to, emotionally.
evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.
How so?
Their divorce rate is higher.

Divorce cheapens Marriage.
How does divorce cheapen marriage?

I can understand the argument for how living together cheapens marriage, but not divorce.

And it's not that their faith failed them. It's that one or both failed their faith.

Evangelicals cheapen heterosexuality by playing dominance games between the sexes. There is nothing that destroys a healthy relationship more than power-tripping and the worship of genitalia, which is what they preach openly in their cults.

Why don't you just roll on to claiming Jews make matzo with the blood of gentile children?

What about the truth scares you? These bimbos actively preach penis-worship. This isn't my fault. Hold them accountable.

Lol, wut?

I would LOVE to see the bullshit link you can provide "proving" this.
Look up the wacko southern baptist cult's "complimentarianism" theory, for example. Look up Bill Gothard. I wish you could have seen the TV interview that I saw with a "preacher" from the southern baptist cult, in which he openly bragged that he won all disagreements with his wife because he had the dick. The evangelicals are very open with their penis worship. You seem very naive. Is this intentional?

Why don't you just roll on to claiming Jews make matzo with the blood of gentile children?

What about the truth scares you? These bimbos actively preach penis-worship. This isn't my fault. Hold them accountable.

Lol, wut?

Look up the wacko southern baptist cult's "complimentarianism" theory, for example. Look up Bill Gothard. I wish you could have seen the TV interview that I saw with a "preacher" from the southern baptist cult, in which he openly bragged that he won all disagreements with his wife because he had the dick. The evangelicals are very open with their penis worship. You seem very naive. Is this intentional?
You're kidding, right?

Evangelicals, in the regard you are speaking of, are cheapening Marriage and taking the obviously dumber approach...hence the higher divorce rate.

I doubt the have changed their views much on Marriage in the past 60 years or so, while other religious groups (and non religious) have married at lower rates over the same time.

Thus if you want a true comparison, you would probably have to figure out the average length of a marriage that ends in divorce, and then add in cohabitations that last as long as that to the base numbers. Then you would have an accurate analysis to see if evangelical beliefs are responsible for relationships terminating as opposed to their higher rate of marriage translating to a higher rate of divorce.

you want to change the subject to relationships in general...and there's a reason for that. it's because evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.

evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.
How so?

I can understand the argument for how living together cheapens marriage, but not divorce.

And it's not that their faith failed them. It's that one or both failed their faith.

0% divorce rate: "ohhh..you two are MARRIED now?!?!?!? Thats super serious, till death do you part!!"

50% divorce rate: "ohhh..you two are Married now? Meh, coin toss if youll even take the commitment of death do you part seriously."

But I understand youre retarded.

How so?

0% divorce rate: "ohhh..you two are MARRIED now?!?!?!? Thats super serious, till death do you part!!"

50% divorce rate: "ohhh..you two are Married now? Meh, coin toss if youll even take the commitment of death do you part seriously."

I must be retarded because what you just wrote doesn't make any logical sense in explaining how divorce cheapens marriage.

I've been married for 34 years and my marriage hasn't been cheapened because not everyone stays married. I suspect the people who are getting ready to get married don't believe their commitment has been cheapened because someone else didn't keep their commitment. So color me retarded because I don't see what you see.

I guess by GT's logic the life of his children have been cheapened because other people get abortions. Or his driving ability has been cheapened because other people get in car wrecks. Or his parenting abilities have been cheapened because other people abuse their kids.

How so?

I must be retarded because what you just wrote doesn't make any logical sense in explaining how divorce cheapens marriage.

I've been married for 34 years and my marriage hasn't been cheapened because not everyone stays married. I suspect the people who are getting ready to get married don't believe their commitment has been cheapened because someone else didn't keep their commitment. So color me retarded because I don't see what you see.
I think, yes because you are retarded, that you are conflating your personal marriage with the institution of marriage.

You are as dumb as a brick over almost literally everything on planet earth. Darwin has been really kind to you!

Lol, wut?

You're kidding, right?

Why would I be kidding? This is what the southern baptist cult preaches, along with some of the other cults. It's all out there openly, brazenly, in public.

Evangelicals are often like Catholics. No reading ability. Liars on a pulpit own them.
Marriage is a covenant with God and witnessed by many....except in Vegas.

Well the Christians believe in God, yet they get divorced more than atheists.

What a bogus and incomplete study. It doesn't cover the rate at which different cohorts get married in the first place. If a couple never gets married, they don't count as divorced when they split up.

I guess by GT's logic the life of his children have been cheapened because other people get abortions. Or his driving ability has been cheapened because other people get in car wrecks. Or his parenting abilities have been cheapened because other people abuse their kids.
All that really says is that you're not a very deep thinker...but thats been established.

Lol, wut?

You're kidding, right?

Why would I be kidding? This is what the southern baptist cult preaches, along with some of the other cults. It's all out there openly, brazenly, in public.
Because the evidence for your beliefs is anecdotal.

You are as dumb as a brick over almost literally everything on planet earth. Darwin has been really kind to you!
And you wonder why you don't get callers for your podcasts. :lol:
No, ding. I dont wonder that at all, let alone its false. We had 5 callers last show. but still naw. You just wish that I treated everyone as poorly as you so that its my fault, and not because youre actually maybe a twat, buddy.

All that really says is that you're not a very deep thinker...but thats been established.
I'm pretty happy with what this exchange says, GT.

And you wonder why you don't get callers for your podcasts. :lol:
No, ding. I dont wonder that at all, let alone its false. We had 5 callers last show. but still naw. You just wish that I treated everyone as poorly as you so that its my fault, and not because youre actually maybe a twat, buddy.
dave on. :lol:

You always are...it's in-line with your retardation.

That didn't take long. :lol:

That didn't take long. :lol:
You follow lone and I around like a sick little puppy dog. Little puppies dont bark, ding. They yelp. That's all you really do. That's why the perfect emoji for you is the one that you evoke in the reader: :itsok:

Forum List

Back