Evangelicals are giving each other tips on “surviving the rainbow onslaught” during Pride Month

I understand that the gay couple across the road are a threat to my marriage. I havent worked out what that threat is yet but there is still time.
I am merely puzzled why people want a month and all those parades to show pride about how they have sex. Shrug. Anyone else bored?
Only the supidest of the stupid think that it is about how they have sex. It is about claiming the right to be who they are and the dignity they they have been denied. It is about overcomming the shame and discrimination that they have been subjected to. It is about saying fuck you! I have the right to be who and what I am.

Perhaps it is pride in not being arrested for having sex. or falling in love, or getting married. None of those simple things were ever a problem for me. What about you ?
Never a problem for the gays I knew growing up and as a young adult, either. What about you? Or did you not know any back then?
Where and when did you grow up, if you did at all.?

Now they can go to our mother and sisters bathrooms unassisted without worrying.

One day a bunch of women are going to beat the mf out of some degenerate invading their toilet water
DouglasLane.jpg

Grew in the West. My maternal grandmother lived in a small mountain town, and it was she who explained homosexuality to me when I was no more than ten. She said some of the kindest bachelors and spinsters in town (some of them who were roommates) were homosexuals--the town knew and that was all there was to it.

Of course, back in the day, that small town's chief police officer always took a handful of cookies with him when he was asked to resolve a business or domestic dispute.

A friend in high school was homosexual and so was one of my favorite teachers. No one made an issue over it. Years later, one of my favorite bosses happened to be a homosexual. It wasn't hidden.

Years after that, in a different town, I was then substitute teaching. The weather wasn't great, and when lunch started, I noticed students clustered in the hallway outside of my classroom. I went out to check on them and they said the regular teacher told them not to bother the sub during lunch.

"Does he usually let you eat in his classroom?" They said he did, and I said, "Well then come on in." They hesitated, and then one said, "We're the gay students."

"As long as you're not the book burning students, and if you're not bothered by a strange teacher in the room, it doesn't bother me if you would like to eat lunch in here as well."

Like most students, they were polite, but they did note that some people were uncomfortable.

So that's been my experience in four different places--and all but the first were cities--not metro cities, but decently populated. One was in the South, all others have been in Western states.

Ya know everyone. I have a confessional I have to get out, and need an expleeanation for my feelings

Why don't I have a problem with lesbian and bisexual females? Why didn't I marry an attractive, lipstick bisexual chick who wouldn't mind sharing her girlfriends? Hell I'd even let them dress me up as a French maid or office secretary and role play.

Grew in the West. My maternal grandmother lived in a small mountain town, and it was she who explained homosexuality to me when I was no more than ten. She said some of the kindest bachelors and spinsters in town (some of them who were roommates) were homosexuals--the town knew and that was all there was to it.

Of course, back in the day, that small town's chief police officer always took a handful of cookies with him when he was asked to resolve a business or domestic dispute.

A friend in high school was homosexual and so was one of my favorite teachers. No one made an issue over it. Years later, one of my favorite bosses happened to be a homosexual. It wasn't hidden.

Years after that, in a different town, I was then substitute teaching. The weather wasn't great, and when lunch started, I noticed students clustered in the hallway outside of my classroom. I went out to check on them and they said the regular teacher told them not to bother the sub during lunch.

"Does he usually let you eat in his classroom?" They said he did, and I said, "Well then come on in." They hesitated, and then one said, "We're the gay students."

"As long as you're not the book burning students, and if you're not bothered by a strange teacher in the room, it doesn't bother me if you would like to eat lunch in here as well."

Like most students, they were polite, but they did note that some people were uncomfortable.
So that's been my experience in four different places--and all but the first were cities--not metro cities, but decently populated. One was in the South, all others have been in Western states.
Thanks for the essay. I want to believe you but I have to wonder.....If you knew all of these people as multifaceted human beings.....why the emphasis on sex alone in your previous remarks? I also have to question the actual degree of aceptance of gay pople in a small, midwestern town, back whenever, or even now

Last edited:
Thanks for the essay. I want to believe you but I have to wonder.....If you knew all of these people as multifaceted human beings.....why the emphasis on sex alone in your previous remarks? I also have to question the actual degree of aceptance of gay pople in a small, midwestern town, back whenever, or even now
As I said previously, it was Western (not Mid-western).

As for your question on emphasis...tell me all the other ways gay people differ from every other human being on the planet? If, as you indicate, you were in an area where people looked at homosexuals as different when they just wanted to fit in like everyone else, isn't it ironic some now want attention focused on that difference?

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a country where big government doesn't patronize one group with additional welfare and voting rules and another with parades and dedicating a month to them? Patronizing isn't respecting nor accepting. Not in my book.

As I said previously, it was Western (not Mid-western).

As for your question on emphasis...tell me all the other ways gay people differ from every other human being on the planet? If, as you indicate, you were in an area where people looked at homosexuals as different when they just wanted to fit in like everyone else, isn't it ironic some now want attention focused on that difference?

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a country where big government doesn't patronize one group with additional welfare and voting rules and another with parades and dedicating a month to them? Patronizing isn't respecting nor accepting. Not in my book.
I would not call it patronizing. I call it government helping to level the playing field so that marginalized groups have a fighting chance. Yes, It would be nice if we did not have to have laws against discrimination, if we did not have to teach critical race theory, if black history month, or women's history month and yes gay pride month were not necessary.

But they are necessary because of this countries history of bigotry and discrimination against minorities. Recognising these groups in various ways by goverment and society at large is necessary to lift them up and facilitate equality. It is necessary to let them know, and the community know, that the negativity, and the marginalization that they have suffered is no longer the norm and will not be tolerated. They have been shamed and told for far to long that they should not be proud of who they are. The message is that they are infact a part of the fabric of society and have a seat at the table.

As for you question regarding how gaysdiffer from others in ways other than their sexuality. I think that you know the answer. They are not different. But you would not know that from the way in which they are disparaged and dehumanized. All the more reason for Pride Month

So please stop whining about Pride month. They are not bothering you. You do not have to go to any parads. You do not have to fly a rainbow flag. Just stay out of the was

So please stop whining about Pride month. They are not bothering you. You do not have to go to any parads. You do not have to fly a rainbow flag. Just stay out of the was
I am not the one whining, and I think you can see that. It is I who am calling for all the whining to stop.

I am not the one whining, and I think you can see that. It is I who am calling for all the whining to stop.
Really? That's all you have to say. ?? My work is done here:happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:

Last edited:
My work is done here
I apologize for putting you to work. I, on the other hand, was relaxing and enjoying the exchange of differing perspectives and points of view. I'll try to remember to go easier on you next time. ;)
Bring on whatever you have which does not seem to be much. I don't mind work what it serves a useful purpose. Not sure if working on you is useful but if you have anything reasonable to say, I am here.

Bring on whatever you have which does not seem to be much. I don't mind work what it serves a useful purpose. Not sure if working on you is useful but if you have anything reasonable to say, I am here.
Thank you for your forbearance, then, and your kind offer.

Forum List

Back