Euthanasia being supported

Has the debate descended to these depths? The insurance companies and their mates must be worried.

That's what happens when they get their information on this subject from a site called "lifenews"

And once again, they distort, twist and propagandize.

Reality: Perhaps the discussion should more appropriately be under what circumstances should we permit euthanasia?

we're kinder to our pets sometimes than we are to people.

But we love our pets, so we don't want to see them suffer endlessly. I think people are afraid that we'd start euthanizing people when they break a leg, just like we do horses.

Once again. Look to the Netherlands to see what will happen.

And we would start euthanizing people with or without their consent, for a variety of things.

you are quick to call it fear mongering and slow to explain why the dems want to cut 500 billion dollars from the medicare program and then explain who will be denied care! :lol::lol:

I call it fear-mongering, because that is the best term for it.

I wouldn't even pretend to be smart enough to have the nuts and bolts answers for the health crisis.

I just know something needs to be done.

I fail to see you guys offering up anything but dishonesty in an attempt to scare people.

If you don't have the knowledge to understand the nuts and bolts that would solve the so-called 'health care crisis', then how can you be sure enough to know that what you are supporting is the answer then? Also, if the Dems didn't use the exact same tactic, along with many others, during past election years, you might have a point.

It doesn't mandate anything but Medicare reimbursement for advance care counseling (should that occur) and sets the guidelines for what that is to consist of in order to qualify for same.

Could it be that doctors are the ones that need to discuss "end of life" plans like a will and such in their sessions instead of lawyers now?

Jamie

I support assisted suicide for those with de facto death sentences as part of a doctor's duty to help reduce suffering. Noone should be forced to stay alive only to suffer a slower, more horrible death.

Well, maybe some criminals do...

It doesn't mandate anything but Medicare reimbursement for advance care counseling (should that occur) and sets the guidelines for what that is to consist of in order to qualify for same.

Could it be that doctors are the ones that need to discuss "end of life" plans like a will and such in their sessions instead of lawyers now?

Jamie

Are you talking about an estate will?

you are quick to call it fear mongering and slow to explain why the dems want to cut 500 billion dollars from the medicare program and then explain who will be denied care! :lol::lol:

I find that at least some concerns raised by those opposed to what they call “Obama Care” can be compared to the way that healthcare is practiced today. Read the following article.

Donor Liver Distribution to Recipients, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

In a sense, hospitals and organ banks with limited resources make judgments calls about who will get much-needed transplants and who will not.

I find that at least some concerns raised by those opposed to what they call “Obama Care” can be compared to the way that healthcare is practiced today. Read the following article.

Donor Liver Distribution to Recipients, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

In a sense, hospitals and organ banks with limited resources make judgments calls about who will get much-needed transplants and who will not.

Healthcare has always been 'rationed'. It's not an infinite resource.

Once again. Look to the Netherlands to see what will happen.

American is not the Netherlands. There are probably many intervening variables to make such a comparison with respect to health care invalid.

And we would start euthanizing people with or without their consent, for a variety of things.

You are guilty of the domino fallacy. Even though we allow adults to smoke tobacco cigarettes and drink alcohol, we still, for the most part, prohibit people from taking marijuana. Each public policy will be considered on its own individual merits.

If we allow consenting adults to die via euthanasia, we might start selling their body parts without the permission of their next-of-kin. We might ask the patient's relatives if they would like to join him in death.

If we allow for gay marriage, we might then make laws allowing people to get married to their sofas! LOL. I'm sorry but things just don't work that way. As I stated, things are judged, in due time, on their own merits and, as with prohibition, if we learn that a policy was a bad mistake, we can reverse course.

Even though we allow adults to smoke tobacco cigarettes and drink alcohol, we still, for the most part, prohibit people from taking marijuana.

that's just stupid.

No. It is just one of my favorite examples to illustrate the slippery slope fallacy.

In debate or rhetoric, a slippery slope (also the thin edge of the wedge or the camel's nose) is a classical informal fallacy. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step inevitably leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant impact, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom. The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B.

Each public policy will be considered on its own individual merits.

Not true.

Of course it is true. When interracial marriage was allowed, did we immediately consider legalizing gay marriage? No.

I'm all for euthanasia.

We treat our animals better than we treat our people.

Forum List

Back