Europe to get "Coldest winter in 1,000 years"!!

This just in!!!

Ross ice shelf breaks loose and spontaniously turns into oil slick. :rofl:

Sheesh..

"Global Warming" is sort of a misnomer, although the Earth is getting hotter as a result of industrialization. But it doesn't necessarily mean everything is getting "hotter" it means weather is becoming more severe. I guess the fact that permafrost that millions of years old is now breaking off into state sized ice floes is meaningless. Or that vast tracks of the Ocean are now essentially dead zones is attributable to "magic".

I don't know who you are quoting here, (they have a really shitty grasp of the english language), but how the hell does permafrost break off into "state sized" ice floats?

permafrost :
n.
Permanently frozen subsoil, occurring throughout the Polar Regions and locally in perennially frigid areas.

:lol:

I guess this is what is called "deflection" but what the heck..

ice floe: Definition from Answers.com

A flat section of ice which is floating in water and not attached to ground ice. See also iceberg.

And it's hard to imagine state sized "anythings" breaking off and not including some "soil".

Or maybe it is..

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

It's called pointing out a failure of geological/enviromental logic.

I don't know who you are quoting here, (they have a really shitty grasp of the english language), but how the hell does permafrost break off into "state sized" ice floats?

permafrost :
n.
Permanently frozen subsoil, occurring throughout the Polar Regions and locally in perennially frigid areas.

:lol:

A flat section of ice which is floating in water and not attached to ground ice. See also iceberg.

And it's hard to imagine state sized "anythings" breaking off and not including some "soil".

Or maybe it is..

Ah..the "My dog is bigger then your dog argument". Compelling really.

But all sizzle..no steak.

Or maybe it is..

Ah..the "My dog is bigger then your dog argument". Compelling really.

But all sizzle..no steak.

So tell me, my pathetic prancing pomeranian, how does subsoil turn into an icefloat? :lol:

So tell me, my pathetic prancing pomeranian, how does subsoil turn into an icefloat? :lol:

Nothing much here except insults.

And emoticons.

And if that's the intent..no need to continue further.

Cheers.

If you consider "pathetic prancing pomeranian" an "insult" worthy of dodging a question and running away, you might as well run off and find another board.

Hypocrite, winter COULD be cold, you are one of the first to dismiss localized weather and predictions, kook indeed.

You know.....perhaps you're right..........seems I got all giddy about something that is fairly irrelevant. Just like the scientist predictions of disaster based upon selected places to measure temperature............

In any case...................

pd1300760.jpg

Sheesh..

"Global Warming" is sort of a misnomer, although the Earth is getting hotter as a result of industrialization. But it doesn't necessarily mean everything is getting "hotter" it means weather is becoming more severe. I guess the fact that permafrost that millions of years old is now breaking off into state sized ice floes is meaningless. Or that vast tracks of the Ocean are now essentially dead zones is attributable to "magic".

Be careful. You're much too reasonable and thoughtful. That automatically makes you a "kook" in the deniers' eyes. Welcome aboard. Koo-koo-ka-joob! :thup:

I bet.

Funny thing is, even some of the Scientists, who were once "deniers" and not bankrolled by big energy..are changing their views in the face of some really catastrophic events.

Sure..there are floods, hurricanes and toronadoes..but the frequency is getting very alarming.

Look at the records 50+ years ago. The frequency of hurricanes was greater as was the power of them. The only way the current spate of weather is worse is if you ignore history.

Well, even if we had the solar minimum that caused the little ice age in which we don't have yet, so why anyone would think that this winter could be the coldest in a thousand years don't make a lot of sense. Sounds like hype.

We're NOT going to have the coldest winter in a thousand years and this thread is baseless. We're more likely to avg high being that our current global temperatures are far closer to the med evil warm period and that of the last 20 years then the core of the little ice age.

Well, even if we had the solar minimum that caused the little ice age in which we don't have yet, so why anyone would think that this winter could be the coldest in a thousand years don't make a lot of sense. Sounds like hype.

We're NOT going to have the coldest winter in a thousand years and this thread is baseless. We're more likely to avg high being that our current global temperatures are far closer to the med evil warm period and that of the last 20 years then the core of the little ice age.

This is completely false Matthew. We KNOW that the temps during the RWP and the MWP were 5 to 6 degrees warmer than they are today. We also KNOW that the temps were worldwide. You can choose to believe olfraud and all of his alarmists who claim it wasn't that warm and that it was only regional but they are not telling people the truth.

Wherever the effects of the RWP and MWP are looked for they are found (most recently in South America). The temps are also much higher than the alarmists would like you to know. Everything they have been saying over the last two decades about the MWP is false and Mann went so far as to attempt to ERASE the MWP in his infamous hockey stick.

"Believe" what you want. But the facts are as I presented them.

How many times does Westwall have to slam the k00ks over the head with an anvil????!!!!

Every single post Westwall puts up is a precision illustration of why the "science" is not considered science at the present time. Oh.....the k00ks may think so.........but the political reality dictates that there is indeed.................

zero consensus s0ns

And what does zero consensus mean??????

sprntdumm-7.jpg

I get it...There is thousands of scienctist getting paid the big bucks and promised power in the new world government that our over lords are trying to inslave us in.

Their plan is to take away all our freedoms and freedom of speech through the lie of global warming and to rule us in the global government marxist hell. They're all in on it.

They're also fudging the data and destroying all of the main data sets for global climate of the last 150 years. They've fudged all the numbers upwards in the past 30 years and down in the earlier period to make it look like a huge warming event. They have taken out the med evil warm period and all of them are in on it. Mann, Phil jones, Hansen you bet.

That would be sicking and a sad sight to see, lets pray to god this is not what is really going on. Knowing history it wouldn't totally suprize me, but knowing the sheeplie in the United stats and Europe, the people will watch foot ball and jack off rather then do anything about it. I will be even more angry if I find out the temperature data is fucked with and faked because I have a love for this stuff like climate and weather. I might be one of the few to go nuts. For my health it better fucking not be true.

Last edited:
What's causing the change in the Gulf Stream? It couldn't be all that melt water from Greenland could it? How about you geniuses doing some research? Maybe you won't look so foolish all the time!

So Global Warning leads to changes which start cooling. Gee, I'm sure glad we didn't waste too many Billions on fixing stuff nature had under control the whole time.

Hey, you want a real science experiment? Try to stop a really cold winter with human controls.

Record Events for Tue Sep 28, 2010 through Mon Oct 4, 2010
Total Records: 2629
Rainfall: 769
Snowfall: 5
High Temperatures: 1073
Low Temperatures: 109
Lowest Max Temperatures: 150
Highest Min Temperatures: 523

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

Hey Chris, remember me saying the low temperature records were going to start rising? You kind of laughed it off. Oops! 20% increase already. Frost warnings tonight again.

Last edited:
Record Events for Tue Sep 28, 2010 through Mon Oct 4, 2010
Total Records: 2629
Rainfall: 769
Snowfall: 5
High Temperatures: 1073
Low Temperatures: 109
Lowest Max Temperatures: 150
Highest Min Temperatures: 523

HAMweather Climate Center - Record High Temperatures for The Past Week - Continental US View

Hey Chris, remember me saying the low temperature records were going to start rising? You kind of laughed it off. Oops! 81% increase already. Frost warnings tonight again.

Thanks again for helping me bust you.

Cold in the winter, sure. With less sunlight the effect of increased CO2 is less.

You are the best!

Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way - RT

Coldest winter in 1,000 years!!!!!!

just more epic fAiL for the fcukking k00ks!!!!!

I think colder winters in Europe are actually expected with climate change. This is because the Gulf Stream's moderating influence on the climate of Western Europe would be changed.

Western Europe is actually quite far north, you know. Yet it has an arable climate, all thanks to the Gulf Stream.

Forum List

Back