Zone1 Escaping the Watchtower.

The bible is clear-Jesus is head of the congregation of the single religion he is with. Luke 10:16 assures by one listening to the ones taking the lead is the same as listening to God and Jesus--or vica versa. So in a way, Since they represent God and his son, they are the way, truth and life in that sense, but it originated first with God what they teach. Everything Jesus taught originated with God first-John 5:30)
Wrong.

No he is not God-He teaches--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-John 17:3.
You better read that verse again. You're not getting it. You better read Revelation 1:7 again. You better read John 1:1 in a real Bible. God has only ONE begotten Son. He isn't an angel and He wasn't created. Quote John 17:3, the entire verse.

The bible isnt wrong. Its your darkness that is wrong. Because you believe errors over Jesus.
If the Bible isn't wrong then why don't you believe John 1:1? I know more about your religion than you do. You're living proof that the Watchtower is a brainwashing cult.

We have different pictures of the church. I agree that Jesus is building his church. However, I don't believe that His Church is limited to one organization. Jesus is the Head of the Church. Who showed up on Pentecost to provide the power for the Church?
God is not hte author of confusion. He did not want 60,000 different "christian churches"

Did He need that many? But humans 'needed' them, didn't they?! :rolleyes:

so you are going by a merely human notion whne you say or imply that we need all these different religions. You are contradicting yourself in spades!

If Jesus is not into "religion" (Define what that even means), then why would He be in favor of THOUSANDS of them?

God is not hte author of confusion. He did not want 60,000 different "christian churches"

Did He need that many? But humans 'needed' them, didn't they?! :rolleyes:

so you are going by a merely human notion whne you say or imply that we need all these different religions. You are contradicting yourself in spades!

If Jesus is not into "religion" (Define what that even means), then why would He be in favor of THOUSANDS of them?
I never said Jesus was in favor of different religions. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues?

I never said Jesus was in favor of different religions. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues?
Yes, I believe in that, although I myself have never really spoken in tongues... unless u consider this one time when I was trying to resist the temptation to get very angry and in the process began speaking Latin, a language I knew not at all at that time.... weird moment in my life

but the Latin words, I came to realize later were "Holy Spirit"

Yes, I believe in that, although I myself have never really spoken in tongues... unless u consider this one time when I was trying to resist the temptation to get very angry and in the process began speaking Latin, a language I knew not at all at that time.... weird moment in my life

but the Latin words, I came to realize later were "Holy Spirit"
That's one reason for different sects of Christianity. Some Christians don't believe speaking in tongues, Some do. Some Christians don't believe in taking communion every time at church, Some do. Some don't believe baptism is sprinkling, Some believe in total immersion. Some don't drink alcohol, Some do, etc, etc. However, all Christians must believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, died for our sins and rose again. When you read the Epistles of John, he explains who a Christian is. We are allowed our different opinions according to Paul.

That's one reason for different sects of Christianity. Some Christians don't believe speaking in tongues, Some do. Some Christians don't believe in taking communion every time at church, Some do. Some don't believe baptism is sprinkling, Some believe in total immersion. Some don't drink alcohol, Some do, etc, etc. However, all Christians must believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, died for our sins and rose again. When you read the Epistles of John, he explains who a Christian is. We are allowed our different opinions according to Paul.
I'd have to have an example of "opinions" (your view of such) b4 I can respond or agree or ?

But Christ established ONE Church and that Church is the Catholic Church (despite all the "human"/demonic) things that have gone on in the Church's history. The protestants do not have a lily white history either.

The Inquisition comes to mind. There is no excuse for the likes of Torquemada, and yet those proclaimed to be heretics had a chance to save their lives. I guess you could say they were false martyrs because dying for some heretical (non-Christian) belief is dying for nothing, at least IMO... but anyhow, there's no excuse for burning people to death, even if they know they are going to go through such and refuse to recant. that is evil. but again, protestants did this also...

the thing is,.... Did Jesus not know that things would come to this? That things like the Vatican being stolen from Cahtolics would hapen? Jesus is God. He knew EXACTLY what humans are, what they are capable of... the only one who does know all about us. The fact that He loves us anyhow and forgives all if we repent... is just totally astounding when you think of it.

but anyhow...

I'd have to have an example of "opinions" (your view of such) b4 I can respond or agree or ?

But Christ established ONE Church and that Church is the Catholic Church (despite all the "human"/demonic) things that have gone on in the Church's history. The protestants do not have a lily white history either.

The Inquisition comes to mind. There is no excuse for the likes of Torquemada, and yet those proclaimed to be heretics had a chance to save their lives. I guess you could say they were false martyrs because dying for some heretical (non-Christian) belief is dying for nothing, at least IMO... but anyhow, there's no excuse for burning people to death, even if they know they are going to go through such and refuse to recant. that is evil. but again, protestants did this also...

the thing is,.... Did Jesus not know that things would come to this? That things like the Vatican being stolen from Cahtolics would hapen? Jesus is God. He knew EXACTLY what humans are, what they are capable of... the only one who does know all about us. The fact that He loves us anyhow and forgives all if we repent... is just totally astounding when you think of it.

but anyhow...
I agree that there is only one Church. Protestants are part of that Church. Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, Episcopalians, Assembly of God, Foursquare, etc. One Church, One God in three persons, many opinions. The word "Catholic" means "universal".

I agree that there is only one Church. Protestants are part of that Church. Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, Episcopalians, Assembly of God, Foursquare, etc. One Church, One God in three persons, many opinions. The word "Catholic" means "universal".
I know what the word means

And you are correct in a way, that we are all part of the Church of Christ. Jesus said that anyone who is not against Him is for Him

But the problem is that all those denoms disagree with each other. the problem is we have much anti-Cahtolicism in this country and yetCatholicism is the religion Christ founded and I do not hesitate to say that Catholicism is what is going to save this country ... assuming it can be changed without Jesus coming back? And it looks to me like it cannot...

I know what the word means

And you are correct in a way, that we are all part of the Church of Christ. Jesus said that anyone who is not against Him is for Him

But the problem is that all those denoms disagree with each other. the problem is we have much anti-Cahtolicism in this country and yetCatholicism is the religion Christ founded and I do not hesitate to say that Catholicism is what is going to save this country ... assuming it can be changed without Jesus coming back? And it looks to me like it cannot...
Jesus never appointed a Pope.

Jesus never appointed a Pope.
yes he did

Peter

Just bcause some word is not in the Bible explicitly doesn't mean.. the office cannot be found there. I have read the entire DRB and let me tell you (as Trump would say)

it is very Catholic (he may not say that part :) )

old and new Ts

yes he did

Peter

Just bcause some word is not in the Bible explicitly doesn't mean.. the office cannot be found there. I have read the entire DRB and let me tell you (as Trump would say)

it is very Catholic

old and new Ts
Nope. The rock that Jesus builds his Church on isn't a man. The rock Jesus was referring to was the revelation that the Father gave to Peter, that Jesus was the foundation of the Church, the Chief Cornerstone. Read that passage very slowly and see what Jesus is really saying about this revelation that came through Peter. Peter recognized who Jesus was. The Church isn't being built on a man. The Church is being built on Jesus.

You better read that verse again. You're not getting it. You better read Revelation 1:7 again. You better read John 1:1 in a real Bible. God has only ONE begotten Son. He isn't an angel and He wasn't created. Quote John 17:3, the entire verse.
Please tell us then at John 17:3--Who did Jesus say was the only true God? According to Psalm 45:7-Jesus has partners= Angels-And Jesus has a God. Tell us who the partners are since it was God who oiled him more than them. It cannot be God so tell us who are his partners?

If the Bible isn't wrong then why don't you believe John 1:1? I know more about your religion than you do. You're living proof that the Watchtower is a brainwashing cult.
I explained John 1:1 to you, You wont believe facts. So then answer us in your vast knowledge--Why is the true God called HoTheos and the word called plain Theos at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons? If not to show a difference? And why at 2 Cor 4:4 the same occurs for God and satan? Yet your translators give satan-god for plain Theos when the true God is called Ho Theos-Why?

Please tell us then at John 17:3--Who did Jesus say was the only true God? According to Psalm 45:7-Jesus has partners= Angels-And Jesus has a God. Tell us who the partners are since it was God who oiled him more than them. It cannot be God so tell us who are his partners?
John 17:3...AND Jesus Christ. You still need to think about this..Jesus never called the Father "Jehovah". Until the Holy Spirit breaks through the wall that the Watchtower has put around your soul you're gonna be confused.

I explained John 1:1 to you, You wont believe facts. So then answer us in your vast knowledge--Why is the true God called HoTheos and the word called plain Theos at John 1:1 in the Greek lexicons? If not to show a difference? And why at 2 Cor 4:4 the same occurs for God and satan? Yet your translators give satan-god for plain Theos when the true God is called Ho Theos-Why?

Strongs Concordance. Have you ever used it? The link number explains the Greek word.

Revelation 1 reveals Jesus is God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God. One God, three persons.

There's only one First and Last. You can't ignore that Scripture. Revelation 1:7-8 is a big problem for the Watchtower.

Another big problem for you guys is the last chapter of Revelation. There is only one person speaking here. Jesus.

Revelation 22:12-16
12"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

You can't honestly ignore those verses and claim to be a Bible student.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back