Entire fire company shuttered because they wouldn't address member's Proud Boys connection

Maybe the Proud Boys need to stop being fat mouthed trouble makers whose only mission is to egg on fights with liberals. That's all they are around for. SPLC may be going a bit far calling them a "terrorist" group, but that argument needs to be taken up with them. It seems the Town relied on the SPLC's judgment there and I don't blame them for wanting the guy out. He is a representative of the town, a first responder, he's got a lot of authority in an emergency. I'm not saying he would do anything wrong--like let a liberal's garage burn down or anything like that. It's kind of like letting a KKK member be on the police force in a small southern town where everyone knows everyone, even if the KKK member isn't active. I think the Fire Department should have accepted his resignation. The Town was overreacting to the Fire Department's "up yours" attitude, and no one won this one.

I'd kind of like to know who "reported" this guy to the Town. Some things are much better left alone. If the guy truly wasn't very interested in the Proud Boys it would have been a non issue in another year. How did the reporter know he was in the Proud Boys if the guy had not participated in any protests or rallies? I'm not sure this volunteer firefighter is quite as lily white and innocent as he is trying to make out to be. But anyway.....

Sad tale. Politics rots.

So you don’t like the Proud Boys acting like Antifa?

Which, they don't. Big difference between fighting in self defense, and fighting to terrorize your political enemies.

Maybe the Proud Boys need to stop being fat mouthed trouble makers whose only mission is to egg on fights with liberals. That's all they are around for. SPLC may be going a bit far calling them a "terrorist" group, but that argument needs to be taken up with them. It seems the Town relied on the SPLC's judgment there and I don't blame them for wanting the guy out. He is a representative of the town, a first responder, he's got a lot of authority in an emergency. I'm not saying he would do anything wrong--like let a liberal's garage burn down or anything like that. It's kind of like letting a KKK member be on the police force in a small southern town where everyone knows everyone, even if the KKK member isn't active. I think the Fire Department should have accepted his resignation. The Town was overreacting to the Fire Department's "up yours" attitude, and no one won this one.

I'd kind of like to know who "reported" this guy to the Town. Some things are much better left alone. If the guy truly wasn't very interested in the Proud Boys it would have been a non issue in another year. How did the reporter know he was in the Proud Boys if the guy had not participated in any protests or rallies? I'm not sure this volunteer firefighter is quite as lily white and innocent as he is trying to make out to be. But anyway.....

Sad tale. Politics rots.

Nope. I agree with Fleegle that Antifa is seeded with anarchists who have their own agenda and that most of the people who show up for those protests with Antifa "fighting fascism" don't realize what the true objective is.
Antifa shows up, the protest goes to hell. Same with the Proud Boys. They go to start trouble. That's their mission. BOTH of them.

So if charge #1 is not true, mysogyny works. The reason I don 't believe "Proud Boys" hate women is because most of them are married to one and consequently, love their wife who also probably feels the same way about her husband also.

Don't confuse protective of women with avoids females who will bash them over the head with her umbrella if one of them holds the door for her. :rolleyes:

Making shitty and demeaning comments is part of being "protective of women"? These guys appear to be unable to maintain an adult and equal relationship with an adult woman. The only women they want are domestic servants they can bed. They make no secret of supporting male dominance at the expense of women. They are a violent and trashy bunch who ought to be ashamed of themselves.

You make up shit. Why should anyone pay any attention to the shit you just make up?

In the real world, the Proud Boys have a traditional Western respect for women, far better than the modern liberal.

As in barefoot and in the kitchen.

You make up shit. Why should anyone pay any attention to the shit you just make up?

In the real world, the Proud Boys have a traditional Western respect for women, far better than the modern liberal.

I wouldn't call barefoot in kitchen and pregnant a sign of respect.

See one difference here, is that what I said, to base my position on, is actually TRUE.

Your position is based on made up shit.

The second difference is that my goal is that people be allowed to live their lives, with the freedom to associate and speak.

YOur goal is that people live in conformity, without the right to freedom of speech or assembly, because if they anger the liberal assholes, like you, their lives will be destroyed by either government power, or mob actions.

I am a good person, wishing well to my fellow man, respecting their rights.

You are a vile and evil want a be tyrant, restrained from oppressing your fellow man, only by the limits of your own power.

What is so wrong with you, that you get off on ruining the lives of people who have never done you any harm, you craven little worm?

Even to the point of SHUTTING DOWN THE FIRE DEPARTMENT OVER YOUR MEANINGLESS LIES?

There was nothing racist about his actions. The only complaint listed what an reference to what the SPLC claims about the rhetoric of the Proud Boys.

Liberals are petty tyrants. Vicious petty tyrants who want people to live in fear and conform to their ever change bullshit rules.

So, he wasn't proud to be a proud boy.

He was never a Proud Boy. He had look into their club and didn’t join. For the town to lose a whole fire department because of one person’s thought seems ridiculous.

Even if he was a proud boy, it would be beyond ridiculous. It would be a violation of his rights and a gross betrayal of the township's power and responsibilities to their citizens.

There was nothing racist about his actions. The only complaint listed what an reference to what the SPLC claims about the rhetoric of the Proud Boys.

Liberals are petty tyrants. Vicious petty tyrants who want people to live in fear and conform to their ever change bullshit rules.

Don't forget that the "Proud Boys" are not only racist, they are also involved in hatred of the female sex. The "Proud Boys" are a hate group opposing one-half of the world's population.
Except they are not racist nor do they hate women

Next you'll be saying the Proud Boys are inclusive.

His views on that are unknown. HIs actions seem to have been done with an eye to protecting his buddies at the Fire Department.

The Proud Boys are learning, just how vile the Left are.
I'd rather we learned to get along with each other instead of widening every rift. If we want foreign countries to live in harmony, we're hardly the pillars of loyalty considering we've spent the last 2 years watching one party trying to decimate the other, and the nutcases doing bad things to the innocent. Some things are best left unsaid, but we say them. Some things are best left undone, but we do them. Our grandparents or parents had it right. Go to war. win or lose. Come home, bury the hatchet, and go back to real living. Pray for peace and put peace ahead of other gimmicks that trick us into retreading political animus.

This guy was just living his life.

When some assholes targeted him, for made up shit reasons.

He tried to appease them. He offered to resign. The Fire Department refused to let him be punished for nothing.

The lefties in the Township government, are tyrants who want people to conform to their liberal view of what the world should be, or be destroyed.

We need to fight back against that. THe more we let such trespasses against us go unchecked, the more they will win.

The lefties WON this one. THey dont' care that people are talking shit about them. They made a lesson out of that entire fire department. Conform, live in fear, or be destroyed.

They had some power, and they used it to punish their enemies. The Fire Department.

Well in review we have the following on the conservative whiny playbook.

1) Tacit racism - check
2) Sense of Victimhood - check
3) Denial of facts - check

You may proceed to you local trump voter support group

You are supporting a local government shutting down a fire department because they don't like the politics of ONE of the firemen.

TO you, people you dont' like, don't have the right to freedom of speech or assembly.

To you and people like you, as we see from the actions of the township.

You are a want a be tyrant.

Oh, and please shove your race card up your fucking ass, you cowardly piece of shit.

Does your support group have white cheese with the whine?

The local government, staffed by people like you, came in as took away the fire trucks, so the firemen could not fight fires.

The firemen, have been deprived of their way of giving back to the community, and the community has been deprived of their service,

because people like you are assholes.

This is a real injustice here, and dismissing comments on it as "whining" is just you supporting the injustice.

To that extent that you support this behavior, as a model that we have seen though out society, you are, as I said, a want a by tyrant, LOOKING TO RUIN PEOPLE'S LIVES, IF THEY DONT' KOWTOW TO YOU LIB AGENDA.

This is not a conspiracy theory or whining. We have an example right here, and you are supporting the injustice.

You are a vile and evil person, and people like you are actively looking to destroy people like me, for no reason.

Other than your own innate asshole-ness.

Sad tale. Politics rots.

Nope. I agree with Fleegle that Antifa is seeded with anarchists who have their own agenda and that most of the people who show up for those protests with Antifa "fighting fascism" don't realize what the true objective is.
Antifa shows up, the protest goes to hell. Same with the Proud Boys. They go to start trouble. That's their mission. BOTH of them.

No, they don't. Why are you saying things that are not true?

Next you'll be saying the Proud Boys are inclusive.

Your inability to address my point is noted.

My point stands.

THis was an injustice to the firefighters, and a massive betrayal of the power and professional responsibilities of the Township local government.

Really, there should be a Civil Rights investigation by the feds.

Actually, they are pretty much the opposite of all of that.
Are you proud, boy?

I am not a member if that is what you are asking. If there was a local chapter, I might check it out. They seem like good people.

Especially if Gavin Mcginnes came by. It would be cool to meet him in person. I watched a fair number of his videos, and clips of him on interviews.

Sad tale. Politics rots.

Which, they don't. Big difference between fighting in self defense, and fighting to terrorize your political enemies.
A lot of people would say that is what Proud Boys do--fight to terrorize their political enemies.
You can pretend they don't, but that's what they do. If you don't like Antifa for its violence, you can't like the Proud Boys either. But you defend the Proud Boys because your reason for disliking Antifa is that they are on the left, and you defend Proud Boys because they are on the right. It has nothing to do with "violence" or violating anyone's right to free speech with you.

Sad tale. Politics rots.

A lot of people would say that is what Proud Boys do--fight to terrorize their political enemies.
You can pretend they don't, but that's what they do. If you don't like Antifa for its violence, you can't like the Proud Boys either. But you defend the Proud Boys because your reason for disliking Antifa is that they are on the left, and you defend Proud Boys because they are on the right. It has nothing to do with "violence" or violating anyone's right to free speech with you.

My reason for disliking Antifa, is that they use political violence to suppress the political speech of their enemies.

I have been very clear on this. YOu can check my past posts on that.

The Proud Boys do the OPPOSITE of that.

They set out to protect people who are trying to speak, and defend themselves when attacked.

YOur inability to distinguish between an attack and self defense,

is very alarming and indicative of how seriously endangered our society is.

Just let their houses burn down

Ina just world, the assholes that shut down the fire department, would end up needing them, and suffering for it.

So, he wasn't proud to be a proud boy.

He was never a Proud Boy. He had look into their club and didn’t join. For the town to lose a whole fire department because of one person’s thought seems ridiculous.
Not only that, it shows a lack of respect for the first responder's putting his life on the line to save the property of all-to-often careless people who smoke in bed, seniors who forget they are cooking, and while retiring to the tv room, the kitchen ignites due to hot vegetables or fat finally igniting to sputter heat that brings flame to a stack of folded napkins or stacked-up mail the senior can't remember to discard or file, either.

What idiotic lollipops would disrespect any firefighter symbolizes how trashy TDS can be when extremists use America's finest as a whipping post to beat up on all conservatives whom they have marginalized in a thousand different ways already, so they think nobody's watching the ungracious things that they do. Nothing is more insidious than the footshoot that hammering first responders over the petty error of managerial gutter-thinking that leads to community destruction.

Well, footshoots of people acting like miscreants aren't a pretty thing.

Forum List

Back