Entire day of AM radio programming filled with charlatans, scammers, and predators

The Left had a total monopoly on print and broadcast media until 1987.
Nah, total nonsense. There was conservative commentary to be found all over the TV and radio dial. Rush found an audience not of "conservatives", but rather of blind hate and anger that was inarticulate and without focus. He took this blind hate and anger and put it into words and gave it a focus in ways of which his audience was incapable, then sold it back them wrapped in a a bow.
Where? I distinctly remember there were NONE!!

Nah, total nonsense. There was conservative commentary to be found all over the TV and radio dial. Rush found an audience not of "conservatives", but rather of blind hate and anger that was inarticulate and without focus. He took this blind hate and anger and put it into words and gave it a focus in ways of which his audience was incapable, then sold it back them wrapped in a a bow.
Then you remember wrong. It was just that it was usually presented as balanced discussion and was based on ACTUAL conservatism. Then the Fairness Doctrine was abolished. And Rush fell ass backwards right into void of bombastic right wing shock jocks that could, with impunity, peddle the type of racism and bigotry that had long been relegated to smoky bars and family dinners, having been frowned upon in the public square for decades.

Then you remember wrong. It was just that it was usually presented as balanced discussion and was based on ACTUAL conservatism. Then the Fairness Doctrine was abolished. And Rush fell ass backwards right into void of bombastic right wing shock jocks that could, with impunity, peddle the type of racism and bigotry that had long been relegated to smoky bars and family dinners, having been frowned upon in the public square for decades.
Please! Rush was the furthest thing from a racist as you can imagine.

And now conservatism has become conflated and even totally transposed with visceral anger, bigotry, and insane conspiracy horseshit. The right wing seems perfectly fine with this new definition. You can watch them do it all day on this board, as they complain that "conservative speech is being censored" every time some asshole gets his social media account banned for spreading deadly lies about the election or pandemic or for any other of the assorted forms of racism, xenophobia, and bigotry that are now the signature of the Party of Trump.

THEY happily equate these things to conservatism. Not me. THEM. Then, of course, they throw little tantrums when this is pointed out to them.

Last edited:
Most people, when they see shit on the sidewalk, walk around it.

Some people like stepping in it and complaining.
I don’t know anyone who “likes” stepping on shit.
That's just Davey's way of dreaming up something to say when he is unwilling or incapable of making a relevant point. Of course, he will spend 90% of the rest his time complaining about the shit he could have walked around, himself.
I didn't listen to far-left radio all day, dumbass.

But nevertheless, they DO see it. Don't worry your pretty little head... I didn't listen with undivided attention. Moving on...
I listen to the radio to be entertained. That means classic rock.

You seem to enjoy your Two Minutes Hate.
It's not something I often listen to. I made that pretty clear in the first post. Davey, we can't waste the entire class's time catering to the slowest kid (you). You have to do some of the mental lifting yourself.

I just farted ...smelled like you enlightened opinion

I have had WOWO (AM 1190) playing in the background all day due to being left on from last night (Coast to Coast AM is fun to fall asleep to). Some of the outrageous lies and scams I have heard in the span of a few hours:

1) The election was stolen
2) Communists now control America
3) The masks and vaccines are myths dreamed up to control Americans
4) God would not want us to live in fear
(...followed immediately by...)
5) People should fear God and God-fearing people are better people
6) The government wants to take your IRA when you die, here is how to max it and maintain it using our program you can buy at this 1-800 number
(...followed closely by, on another program...)
7) Cash in your IRA and buy gold from us immediately
8) The Republicans and their platform are supported by the vast majority of Americans, BECAUSE (yes, it is that embarrassing... this is the actual argument) polls and the vote counts are false (just the vote counts where Democrats win, though)
9) Americans are tired of communist Democrats wanting government to control their lives
(... followed by...)
10) Americans WANT things like abortion bans, stricter law enforcement, and stricter government voting controls

It's just amazing and shameless. 75% of Saturday programming on this channel is apparently aimed at ripping off old people, as are the advertisements. The other 25% is bombastic appeal to emotion, keeping them in a terrified, superstitious state of agitation that, I am guessing, makes them more receptive to the financial scams that comprise the rest of the programming. Disgraceful. Unethical.
Turn it off....
I did. But I am not their target audience, anyway.
Who died and made you the worlds fucking nanny? Turn it off and worry about yourself and shut the fuck up.
What power did i claim to have over anybody? You screeching cultists are such terrified sissies that you cant even maintain your faculties for 30 seconds, if you sense even the slightest affront to your extended cult.
...and yet you can't spare a word of criticism for Crepitus, who literally wants to put conservatives in camps.

But nevertheless, they DO see it. Don't worry your pretty little head... I didn't listen with undivided attention. Moving on...

It's not something I often listen to. I made that pretty clear in the first post. Davey, we can't waste the entire class's time catering to the slowest kid (you). You have to do some of the mental lifting yourself.
if liberals are so enlightened why do they complain how crappy their schools are

I have had WOWO (AM 1190) playing in the background all day due to being left on from last night (Coast to Coast AM is fun to fall asleep to). Some of the outrageous lies and scams I have heard in the span of a few hours:

6) The government wants to take your IRA when you die, here is how to max it and maintain it using our program you can buy at this 1-800 number
8) The Republicans and their platform are supported by the vast majority of Americans, BECAUSE (yes, it is that embarrassing... this is the actual argument) polls and the vote counts are false (just the vote counts where Democrats win, though)
9) Americans are tired of communist Democrats wanting government to control their lives
(... followed by...)
10) Americans WANT things like abortion bans, stricter law enforcement, and stricter government voting controls

It's just amazing and shameless. 75% of Saturday programming on this channel is apparently aimed at ripping off old people, as are the advertisements. The other 25% is bombastic appeal to emotion, keeping them in a terrified, superstitious state of agitation that, I am guessing, makes them more receptive to the financial scams that comprise the rest of the programming. Disgraceful. Unethical.
Turn it off....
Who died and made you the worlds fucking nanny? Turn it off and worry about yourself and shut the fuck up.
What power did i claim to have over anybody? You screeching cultists are such terrified sissies that you cant even maintain your faculties for 30 seconds, if you sense even the slightest affront to your extended cult.
...and yet you can't spare a word of criticism for Crepitus, who literally wants to put conservatives in camps.
That's not the thread topic. Go start a thread on that, if that is what you want to blubber and cry about. Nobody is stopping you.

No other station on my local dial plays programming all day geared toward ripping off old people. Not other station on my local dial dedicates hours of programming to stolen election lies and lies about the pandemic. And there are easily 15 other stations.
If they offer liberal news, it's scams about climate change and how the BOOGA BOOGA Trump supporters want to burn down the entire nation.

The election was stolen...if covid never happened Trump would be starting his second term...using covid to change election rules at the last minuet was the plan by China and the dems all along....
You can keep on complaining but the election wasn't stolen and I agree if covid didn't happen Trump may have won a second Term with the undemocratic electoral college. However I never knew the Dems and China practiced a slow, stately ballroom dance for two in triple time, popular especially in the 18th century.

No other station on my local dial plays programming all day geared toward ripping off old people. Not other station on my local dial dedicates hours of programming to stolen election lies and lies about the pandemic. And there are easily 15 other stations.
If they offer liberal news, it's scams about climate change and how the BOOGA BOOGA Trump supporters want to burn down the entire nation.
Davey, thank you! You provide an excellent segue to a big AM radio scam, and a perfect illustration of how Rush's (et.al.) lies resonate to this day: Your embarrassing climate science denial.

How this started was Newt Gingrich, basically, being approached by his fossil fuel handlers with their fear of the building case that their product was altering the planet for the worse. So Newt, being the unscrupulous and shrewd little troglodyte he was and is, decided to create a very simple little bumper sticker meme (as he knew full well this was not meant for intellectual giants): "Climate science is a liberal scam".

Limbaugh and his clones jumped all over this, as the discussion around climate change grew in volume and intensity. Limbaugh knew how to butter his bread and knew a dollar sign when he saw it. He and Newt, hoof in hoof, helped spawn the baseless doubt of climate science and scientists. The fossil fuel industry stepped up to throw insane amounts of resources into this campaign of baseless doubt and denial. The rest of the right wing noise machine was certainly not going to miss out on the ratings and money, so they jumped all over the propaganda campaign. People who had once risen to fame based on their intelligent commentary happily sold out to this embarrassing, anti-intellectual effort for ratings. Basically, they all happily became cheap, diseased whores, and willingly so.

And here is the endpoint of this effort: You, Daveman the Trump cultist, on an internet message board, denying the truth of one of the most well-supported scientific theories in history. You know less than nothing about climate science and never will. Yet, somehow, you KNOW it is a scam by liberals to take away your private property. Your thoughts are not your own, sheep. You are the product of nearly 30 years of a campaign crafted by people much smarter than you that know people like you better than you know yourselves.

Again, thank you for the perfect illustration and undeniable, salient example of this.

Last edited:

You suck at condescension. Prolly ought to give it up. It's just not credible.

(... followed by...)

Turn it off....
That's not the thread topic. Go start a thread on that, if that is what you want to blubber and cry about. Nobody is stopping you.
Goodness, you sure do get pissy when your hypocrisy is pointed out. You'd think you'd be used to it by now.

Davey, thank you! You provide an excellent segue to a big Rush scam, and a perfect illustration of how his lies resonate to this day: Your embarrassing climate science denial.

How this started was Newt Gingrich, basically, being approached by his fossil fuel handlers with their fear of the building case that their product was altering the planet for the worse. So Newt, being the unscrupulous and shrewd little troglodyte he was and is, decided to create a very simple little bumper sticker meme (as he knew full well this was not meant for intellectual giants): "Climate science is a liberal scam".

Limbaugh jumped all over this, as the discussion around climate change grew in volume and intensity. Limbaugh knew how to butter his bread and knew a dollar sign when he saw it. He and Newt, hoof in hoof, helped spawn the baseless doubt of climate science and scientists. The fossil fuel industry stepped up to throw insane amounts of resources into this campaign of baseless doubt and denial.

And here is the endpoint of this effort: You, Daveman the Trump cultist, on an internet message board, denying the truth of one of the most well-supported scientific theories in history. You know less than nothing about climate science and never will. Yet, somehow, you KNOW it is a scam by liberals to take away your private property. Your thoughts are not your own, sheep. You are the product of nearly 30 years of a campaign crafted by people much smarter than you that know people like you better than you know yourselves.

Again, thank you for the perfect illustration and undeniable, salient example of this.
I never listened to Rush. And here you are, pissed off that people don't believe in your cult. Because you know nothing of the science...or, rather, the "science".

You just believe what you're told to believe.

I never listened to Rush.
You didn't need to listen to Rush te be a victim of this scam. It grew much bigger than Rush and Newt right away. Interestingly enough, it never really reached beyond the US borders. This right wing scam is a phenomenon fairly unique to the US. Which only makes sense. The fossil fuel industry focused their efforts in the one country that had the biggest fossil fuel market AND which had zero control over spreading such dangerous lies over big time media. It was a no brainer to focus the effort here. And now we have 10s of millions of their useful idiots affecting our public policy.

I would say: Mission Accomplished.

Forum List

Back